Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Gomad alternatives

Vehicles
      2012 Passat S manual
      04-23-2012 09:00 AM #1
      I need some help... Here is my story...
      I and 6'2 and weigh 160lbs. I weighed 195 a year ago and have been doing starting strength and eating paleo. I am between 10-12%BF down from 20-25%. I feel great but I would like to put on some weight. Right now I consume ~2500 calories a day all from fruit, vegetables, meat and potatoes. I wanted to do gomad, but I have a dairy sensitivity and when I consume dairy I get sinus infections and terrible acne. My numbers are (1RM) Bench:185 squat:215 dead:315 OHP:115. I already eat 7-10 eggs a day so doing DEAD is not really an option. This was my though, adding in an extra sweet potato with a can of coconut milk (native forest is 770 calories a can) and a scoop or two of ON gold whey. Do you think this would do the trick or is it best to suffer through gomad for a bit to get the growth hormone from the milk? Also I will be switching my routine to 5/3/1. Thanks

Vehicles
      13 Si, 07 Speed Triple
      04-23-2012 09:40 AM #2
      Eat a sweet potato during your workout and have a coconut milk/protein shake before bed. See how you respond.

On the other hand, I don't think 5-3-1 as prescribed is a particularly good choice if you're trying to do a high intensity, caloric surplus plan. The program moderates intensity for long term gains. If you're spiking your caloric intake with the intention of quick gains, you should probably go with a higher intensity program.

3. 04-23-2012 09:58 AM #3
      Milk isn't magic, it's just a cheap and easy way to get more calories in.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

4. 06-22-2012 01:12 AM #4
      You can gain weight by increasing the size of your muscles or by increasing your fat stores. Start with a calorie calculator to determine the number of calories you you'll need to consume every day to gain weight. You'll probably need to increase your calorie intake. You can do that by eating a larger volume of food or by choosing foods that are energy-dense (higher in calories).

Timothy M. McClellan

Vehicles
      2014 WRX Limited
      06-22-2012 10:48 AM #5
      Get on the pizza diet. Pizza is awesome, and it will definitely pack on calories.