First I want to say I was scared half to death doing this project, esp seeing I just bought this car...but I was able to overcome this fear and just went for it.
Once you pull the plug on the tranny pan, you're pretty much are pot committed. No turning back now...I dropped the pan and here is what I found.
Car was getting jacked up on (4) 3 ton jacks...leveled and ready to rock.
I drained about 4.5 liters...which is not what I put back in (5.75 liters). I noticed that there was an old leak and found dried up/active? Fluid on the pan. I think this was my issue b/c I was feeling some extra movement in the tranny when driving, kick downs etc. When I went to remove the tranny pan bolts many were more than hand tight loose...if that makes sense. I see now why it was leaking and why it was almost 1 liter short of fluid.
All said in done it was very messy getting the fluid back in...Used a motive pump for the fluid and that made it somewhat better. My VCDS was perfect for monitoring the tranny temp...got the fluid back in and went for a test drive...I can already tell a huge difference. I'm so happy this worked out and gained some great insight on my car. I think I saved around $300 thus far...very very happy right now...its Miller time.
1- need air pressure to move fluid (compressor)
2- get a used or cheap pressure cooker, top rotates on/off
3- in center of top thread a 3/8 or 1/4 pipe in that when top is on goes to within 1/4 of bottom of pot
4- anywhere else in top attach a air connector, I also have an air valve
5- Pressurize pot with up to 40-50 lbs air, GET the idea, fluid moves quick under pressure
6- Put fluid in a container in pot that the center pipe goes into. The air inlet will pressurize the pot forcing the fluid out the center pipe
7- When I want to stop fluid fast I just pop off air line.