Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Brinkmann question

Vehicles
      01 Jetta VR6, 71 Type 1.
      04-23-2012 06:11 PM #1
      Getting ready for my next order of toys and I want to pick up a brinkmann light but I can't decide which one to go with. My choices are between these two.

LED light
      http://www.autogeek.net/brinkmann-du...spotlight.html

Rechargeable light
      http://www.autogeek.net/brinkmann-sw...der-light.html

I like the idea of the one that's rechargeable, but I would think the LED light might be stronger and have cheaper bulbs. Can anybody give me any feedback on either one? Is one substantially brighter than the other, bulb price, that kind of thing. Are there any other unites that are comparably priced that might be better?

Vehicles
      2003 Jetta TDI
      04-24-2012 01:28 AM #2
      I would never buy one of those you could just buy some strong halogens from home depot and you could have it free standing while you work
      WTB: PG Jetta rear bumper

Instagram: ermagerd_ian

3. 04-24-2012 11:13 AM #3
      You'll see different things in different light. Halogens are nice but clumsy. The Brinkmann is super handy and does well for finding swirls. It's one of the better light choices IMO. I have a couple of the second ones in my shop.

Vehicles
      01 Jetta VR6, 71 Type 1.
      04-25-2012 07:28 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by DieselDubber View Post
      I would never buy one of those you could just buy some strong halogens from home depot and you could have it free standing while you work
      I have a single halogen already and I've found that it doesn't do what I need to. It's great when I'm working on the door panels or the hood, but anything higher than the windows and I've got to either pick up the whole stand or mess with the metal button that holds the light to the stand.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBlaze View Post
      You'll see different things in different light. Halogens are nice but clumsy. The Brinkmann is super handy and does well for finding swirls. It's one of the better light choices IMO. I have a couple of the second ones in my shop.
      Thanks for the input. Based on the pictures on autogeek it seems like the LED one puts out less light. I wonder if they just used LEDS so the batteries would last longer. The more I read and look the more I'm leaning towards the rechargeable one. Things with batteries always run out at the most inopportune times.