Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sh!t you've learned through facebook

Vehicles
      89 Cabriolet, 89 Jetta 03 A6 Avant, 08 Tribeca, 2012 powerwheels Jeep
      04-24-2012 12:37 PM #71
      My 42 yo. sister changed her last name to Germonata because it's Lady googoo's name.
      Sent from my Droid using an escape pod to Tattoine.

Quote Originally Posted by mad8vskillz View Post
      they're trying to skip out on their contracts via rapture. not very christian of them

04-24-2012 12:45 PM #72
      It's extremely time consuming to delete the "friends" I've aquired through college and extracurriculars. Posting an offensive status and watching your friends drop is much easier.

Vehicles
      93 525iT, 91 318iS
      04-24-2012 01:03 PM #73
      I wasn't aware for a bit that when you commented people's pictures, it posted it in your news feed. Got myself in hot water when I still with my last gf and I commented on another girls photo I also learned people take Facebook was to seriously. I post things I think will be funny or get a rise out of someone. I delete people who use it for nothing other than an outlet to complain about their life. It's a good way to keep in touch with people I otherwise would very rarely see is the only reason I haven't deleted mine.
      Quote Originally Posted by Rutledge View Post
      Well, then, I'm here to "ruin" the vortex for you. I'm sorry you hate fun.
      91 318is M50 Swapped
      93 525iT

Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      04-24-2012 01:08 PM #74
      I've had some people from high school friend me that I like way more now than I did back in high school.

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      04-24-2012 01:18 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucian1988 View Post
      oh yea? hey what is the e-mail address of the guy that helped your throughout your english class in college or high school? how do you get someone's email address that you havnt spoken with in over 8 years?
      If you haven't spoken to someone in 8 years why bother starting again? Obviously you weren't that important to each other 8 years ago when you stopped corresponding.

Vehicles
      TR Rabbit
      04-24-2012 01:21 PM #76
      I learned that when employers find out about vortex we're all screwed
      I root

7. Member
      04-24-2012 01:27 PM #77
      I've learned that people cannot communicate unless Facebook is involved.

To reinstill some hope, I was speaking to a girl who is 20 years old about Instagram and she replied, "What's an Instagram."

She is my new BFF.
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      'You gotta fast car'

Vehicles
      1998 Jetta GT, 1998 GTI 2.0, 2012 GLI, 2012 GTI
      04-25-2012 09:20 PM #78
      I've learned that people are:
      Ironic
      Stupid
      Have many different ways of spelling words
      Ignorant
      ..and so much more.

9. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      LEAF for the weekdays, E9 for the weekend
      04-25-2012 09:27 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by Kolwala View Post
      I learned that when employers find out about vortex we're all screwed
      But when they send you here...muah ha ha. Ok ok, I really shouldn't post in OT as much as I do, but I do have legitimate reasons to post as much as I do. I swear.
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      What I do in my free time. l My 2800CS
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

Vehicles
      2006 Acura TSX 6MT Tech, 2013 Acura RDX Tech
      04-26-2012 10:06 PM #80
      Ain't nothing like religious wackos who will go to any length to prove that their literal interpretation of the bible makes sense on facebook.....here's a copy and paste from someone I went to middle school with:

"I love seeing people try to prove God isn't real with theories. Theories are not proof! That's why they are called thoeries. Nobody knows for a fact how far away anything is. Light years? There is no proof just theories, did some man travel to thoses distant galexies and time himself? I don't think so. Oh and food for thought wasn't Columbus trying to prove the earth wasn't flat, if he'd have read the bible he would have already known that. Isaiah 40:22 read it

About the mesurement of light how do they know for a fact that it is a true mesurement of the speed? No one has lived long enough to prove that the mesurement they have is acurate. Just like carbon dating. There have been so many fossils that the age determined by carbon dating that were wrong. So many ages are given and they choose the one that best fits the work they are doing. Not an opinon that is a fact. No scientist will say a lot of what they say are just guesses because answers pay money and in order to keep getting funding you have to have something to show for yourself.

Is it really evolution or animals adapting to the strange enviroment they are forced into. You can't say lab animals react and grow the same as animals do in their natural habitat. And yes animal will "evolve" when their bodies and habitats have been altered. Those eviroments aren't natural cause I've never seen gages or geneticly altered food out in the wild. Evolution is based on a man who went to the rain forrest and came across the natives and since he couldn't unserstand the complexity of their language assumed they were not as evolved as he was (even though that primative language is even more advanced with even more words than english. Just because people don't like the thought of a higher being there is no proof He doesn't exsist. The only reasonyou don't here more about creation is because close minded don't want anything to contradict all the bs they spew. Mountains and lakes change all the time do to the forces of nature. The wind blows small particals of earth everywhere and after hundreds of years yes we do have new earth formations.

What I mean about light years. Did they send a light to another galaxy and time it?

Read about Darwin. All evolution is (to me) is just an excuse Hitler used to justify genocide ie natural selection.

Another question how is it that they ESTIMATE the earth is 4.6 billion years old yet we can get microwaves from 16.8 billion light years away? The time doesn't add up. If you search for the root in most scientific data against intellegent design you will find a theory. Facts can not be based on theories."

Vehicles
      '81 Rabbit 1.6l diesel
      04-27-2012 06:03 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      Have you never heard of email? Christ, the things you people will invent to justify your reliance on this crap is amazing.
      i didn't have her email. and she contacted me through facebook. i'm not saying there aren't other ways. but that's how this one panned out. through facebook.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      05-01-2012 09:03 AM #82
      There has been a slightly disturbing trend on my Facebook. I've had a few friends die, and it seems that other people have been maintaining their accounts. It's pretty strange to see two dead people carry on a conversation on facebook....and then today say RIP to someone who died last night.
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

13. Member
      05-01-2012 10:08 AM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post
      There has been a slightly disturbing trend on my Facebook. I've had a few friends die, and it seems that other people have been maintaining their accounts. It's pretty strange to see two dead people carry on a conversation on facebook....and then today say RIP to someone who died last night.
      Dead friends on facebook is sobering. I'm class of 2009 and already had a friend die. In 2010, he committed suicide. His family was contacting his friends through his facebook account. I got a message from him after not hearing from him for a year, but he was already gone and it was his uncle sending a message about his memorial service.

05-01-2012 11:20 AM #84
      That's pretty creepy.

I've had a couple friends pass and their account was just deleted, and then a couple others where the mom or dad writes a final "thanks for being xx's friends......, his/her acct will be deleted, we can be reached at xyzemail"...I don't think I like the idea of something like that being "maintained" by others.

05-01-2012 12:25 PM #85
      I learn about what's going on with my family members who live in three other countries. I haven't seen some of them in over 10 years and FB provides a great way to see them through posted pics and videos.

It's very difficult to communicate with some of them via phone (time zone differences, call costs, lack of land lines in their area).

Vehicles
      The Standard of the World | Das Auto | Feed Your Restless
      05-01-2012 12:31 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by 92skirmishgti View Post
      That the majority of my friend are idiots and couldn't write something with proper grammar if their lives depended on it.

This.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Quote Originally Posted by GoForBroke View Post
      I'm noticing more and more that Aonarch has some of the better comments.
      Aye, I do.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      00 Prelude SH, 08 CR-V AWD, 92 NSX Coupe
      05-01-2012 02:44 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by rbloedow View Post
      Ain't nothing like religious wackos who will go to any length to prove that their literal interpretation of the bible makes sense on facebook.....here's a copy and paste from someone I went to middle school with:

"I love seeing people try to prove God isn't real with theories. Theories are not proof! That's why they are called thoeries. Nobody knows for a fact how far away anything is. Light years? There is no proof just theories, did some man travel to thoses distant galexies and time himself? I don't think so. Oh and food for thought wasn't Columbus trying to prove the earth wasn't flat, if he'd have read the bible he would have already known that. Isaiah 40:22 read it

About the mesurement of light how do they know for a fact that it is a true mesurement of the speed? No one has lived long enough to prove that the mesurement they have is acurate. Just like carbon dating. There have been so many fossils that the age determined by carbon dating that were wrong. So many ages are given and they choose the one that best fits the work they are doing. Not an opinon that is a fact. No scientist will say a lot of what they say are just guesses because answers pay money and in order to keep getting funding you have to have something to show for yourself.

Is it really evolution or animals adapting to the strange enviroment they are forced into. You can't say lab animals react and grow the same as animals do in their natural habitat. And yes animal will "evolve" when their bodies and habitats have been altered. Those eviroments aren't natural cause I've never seen gages or geneticly altered food out in the wild. Evolution is based on a man who went to the rain forrest and came across the natives and since he couldn't unserstand the complexity of their language assumed they were not as evolved as he was (even though that primative language is even more advanced with even more words than english. Just because people don't like the thought of a higher being there is no proof He doesn't exsist. The only reasonyou don't here more about creation is because close minded don't want anything to contradict all the bs they spew. Mountains and lakes change all the time do to the forces of nature. The wind blows small particals of earth everywhere and after hundreds of years yes we do have new earth formations.

What I mean about light years. Did they send a light to another galaxy and time it?

Read about Darwin. All evolution is (to me) is just an excuse Hitler used to justify genocide ie natural selection.

Another question how is it that they ESTIMATE the earth is 4.6 billion years old yet we can get microwaves from 16.8 billion light years away? The time doesn't add up. If you search for the root in most scientific data against intellegent design you will find a theory. Facts can not be based on theories."
      Just ask them why God lets so many innocent babies die, yet still lets really ****ed up people live long lives.

Vehicles
      Six Speed Satanizer
      05-02-2012 01:57 AM #88
      Super f'd up.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      You are in the land of rust and honey.

Vehicles
      2013 Nissin/Frigidare
      05-04-2012 12:20 PM #89
      I've learned via Social networks that our civilization is coming to an end Idiocracy-style.

Vehicles
      2011 CT200h
      05-04-2012 04:48 PM #90
      I learned that it is friday today...... 47 times
      XBL B0B_MARLEY_MAR - The "0" in Bob is a zero

Vehicles
      a thumper and a diesel wagon...
      05-04-2012 04:52 PM #91
      I'd LOVE to have someone maintain my account with very sporadic, random updates, if I come to an untimely end.
      “Supermoto bikes exist so that 40 year old men who know better can act like total a--holes.”

"Crossfit is the meatspin.com of circuit training."

Vehicles
      05-04-2012 04:56 PM #92
      I know a kid that wound up in prison (drunk hit and run that killed someone) and friends/family keep his Facebook updated. I'm curious to see what he looks like when he's free in another 20 or so years.

Vehicles
      DD: Mazda3 O: Explorer | Uncertified Preowned: Sportage, xB, Golf GL
      05-04-2012 05:01 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I know a kid that wound up in prison (drunk hit and run that killed someone) and friends/family keep his Facebook updated. I'm curious to see what he looks like when he's free in another 20 or so years.
      What are the updates like? "Dropped the soap. DAMMIT!"
      80 people! Do you know how much that is? Two 40s, you son of a b***h!
      Default post options: So, it has come to this. | If you think so. | Not that there's anything wrong with that. | That's what she said. | WTF.
      //// @mbull //// blog //// instagram ////

Vehicles
      Scoob Crosstrek
      05-04-2012 05:03 PM #94
      People are far more hate-able than I imagined
      Now go get your shinebox

25. 05-04-2012 05:03 PM #95
      People feel good when they come back from the gym. 50 people post the same song. New moms talk about their kids. 20 people post inspirational quotes. 10 people are Asian and I don't understand sh|t. 25 are hot, the rest are boring.

Vehicles
      2 57 Bel Airs 65 Corvair 66 SS396 68 Dart 73 Vette 86 Golf 97 GTI 99/04 Neons & a truck
      05-04-2012 05:05 PM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      It's even better when they go to jail and they don't have anyone update. So every day people post stuff like, "where you been man?" And people are all hush hush about "he's not going to be around for a while." Ugh. Wait til the girlfriend starts posting her personal letters to him on his Wall

27. 05-04-2012 05:13 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by 4-Dr-W-a-T View Post
      I've learned via Social networks that our civilization is coming to an end Idiocracy-style.
      each day it is more evident.

Vehicles
      Subaru OB XT, Previa LE S/C Alltrac
      05-04-2012 05:18 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by JPawn1 View Post
      each day it is more evident.
      Agreed. Years ago I never would have thought it would be Apple who would be at the forefront of the movement...

Last edited by simple; 05-04-2012 at 05:21 PM.
      If you can't measure it, you can't understand it; if you can't understand it, you can't control it.

Vehicles
      E46 330ci and Bikes.
      05-04-2012 05:21 PM #99
      At almost 1 Billion users, I think it's time for people to start pulling back a little bit.
      No Signature. Only Krav Khalash.

Vehicles
      05-04-2012 05:24 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      Pretty mellow. Friends and family visit and post pics or people say "We're miss you" or "We're thinking about you" although your suggestion would be amusing.

It's just weird to think that this dorky kid I knew in high school that had the nickname Snowball (and it didn't have to do with his affinity for Animal Farm) wound up in prison doing a quarter of a century bid. Life takes weird turns sometimes.

Vehicles
      2013 Nissin/Frigidare
      05-04-2012 05:54 PM #101
      It does bring me great pleasure though to see exes that got fat or turned to drugs.... Or the popular kids become towney alcoholics.

Vehicles
      2011 CT200h
      05-04-2012 06:12 PM #102
      On a more serious note

One thing that is crazy thing about facebook is that sometimes you can have stories like this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1477002.html

Police believe that Jason Todd Ready killed four people before taking his own life.
      GILBERT, Ariz. — When Jason Todd Ready took to the Arizona desert armed with assault rifles and dressed in camouflage to look for illegal immigrants, some feared that the reputed neo-Nazi's rhetoric would turn to serious violence.

But police say blood was shed elsewhere: When Ready leveled his gun at four people and pulled the trigger, he was in a saguaro-lined neighborhood in the quiet middle-class Phoenix suburb of Gilbert where he lived with his girlfriend and her family.

Ready's girlfriend, 47-year-old Lisa Lynn Mederos, made a domestic-violence call to 911 asking the police to come help her on Wednesday. Seconds later, the operator heard gunshots and the line went dead.

When police arrived they found the bodies of Lisa Lynn Mederos and her daughter, 23-year-old Amber Nieve Mederos, inside the home. Dead outside were Ready and Amber's boyfriend, 24-year-old Jim Franklin Hiott.

Amber's 16-month-old daughter Lily was still alive inside but was pronounced dead soon after at a hospital.

Police say Ready killed them all before fatally turning the gun on himself, saying that all the evidence points to domestic violence.

Many considered Ready, a burly 39-year-old who went by "JT," to be the most high-profile neo-Nazi in Arizona. He led groups of heavily armed civilians into the desert to look for illegal immigrants as he repeatedly tried to win public office.

But Ready's beliefs and actions got so extreme, including statements that land mines would be a good way to stop border crossers, that the state's most conservative politicians distanced themselves from him.

Unwelcome among Republicans, Ready ran in January for sheriff as a Democrat. He continued to lead immigration patrols and posted Facebook updates, but there was little generally known suggesting his personal life was in turmoil.

But Gilbert police Sgt. Bill Balafas said that police responded to the Mederos home five times since 2009, most recently in February, when Lisa Mederos called police to report that Ready had choked her in August 2011.

Balafas said there was not enough evidence to make an arrest and that no charges were filed. It's unclear why Mederos would have waited six months to make the call.

The other times police responded to the home included a suicide threat by Amber Mederos in November 2009 and a suspicious activity report filed by Ready, Balafas said.

Inside the Mederos home police found six military-issue grenades, and their serial numbers will be traced, U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Special Agent Tom Mangan said Thursday.

The grenades required a launcher, and Mangan said authorities did not find one.

The killings and Ready's involvement stunned members of his group, the U.S. Border Guard.

"Our sympathies go out to all of his family and friends during this time of unbelievable grief and pain," according to a statement posted on its website. "God bless you, J.T. You will be fiercely missed."

Harry Hughes, a regional director for the National Socialist Movement who went out on patrols with Ready, said the shooting was "completely out of character" for Ready.

"And I'm going to not speculate or make any conclusions. I'm going to let the investigation go take its course," Hughes said. "But I have a real hard time believing that JT Ready could actually shoot and kill a child."

Anti-hate groups such as the Southern Poverty Law Center have for years tracked Ready. "JT Ready was a violent thug who typifies the very worst element in the American nativist movement," said the SPLC's Mark Potok.

According to an SPLC profile on its website, Ready was court-martialed twice in 1996 while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps, the first time after being gone for eight days without permission.

The center said Ready was demoted to private after the absence, jailed for three months and that, later that year, was court-martialed again for conspiracy, assault and wrongful solicitation and advice. He was found guilty, spent six months in detention and was discharged for bad conduct, the center said.

The Marine Corps was trying to confirm the center's information.

Ready's ex-wife, Arline Lindgren, knew that he had started associating with white supremacist groups when they were married in the late 1990s, her brother, Adam Lindgren, said. The couple divorced in 2003.

Lindgren said he got into a few arguments with Ready but that they were never violent. He said Ready had a temper, but "not a violent temper, that I was aware of." He said he never saw Ready be violent toward anybody.

Ready was "very, very opinionated. He would argue with you until ... well, just keep arguing with you," he said.

Ready was a member of the Detroit-based National Socialist Movement, whose members promote white separatism, dress like Nazis and display swastikas. It believes only non-Jewish, white heterosexuals should be American citizens and that everyone who isn't white should leave the country "peacefully or by force."

Ready first tried to get into politics in 2004, when he unsuccessfully ran for a seat in the Arizona House. In 2006, he lost a run for Mesa city council but was later elected as a Republican precinct committeeman.

He didn't run for re-election in 2008 after three Republican congressmen wrote a letter to a GOP county chairman asking for his removal because of his neo-Nazi ties. They said Ready was sullying the party's image. They said he was a featured speaker at a neo-Nazi conference in Omaha, Neb., in September 2007 and distributed racist and anti-Semitic literature at a GOP meeting.

Trying to distance himself from the movement, Ready told The Arizona Republic in 2010 that he left the group. Potok said the move was "merely for cosmetic reasons."

Ready was also running his desert operations targeting illegal immigrants, one of which was featured on the National Socialist Movement's website as recently as January. Some of the photos on the website match ones posted to his Facebook page.

They include images of Ready and other members wearing head-to-toe camouflage gear, helmets and boots, and carrying high-powered guns during a weekend operation ending Jan. 29. The group claimed to help the U.S. Border Patrol apprehend one illegal immigrant.

"Some of us have our fingers on the triggers," Ready wrote in a post on a website for his group. "Soap box. Ballot Box. Ammo box. These were given to us by our founding fathers and mothers. We have just about depleted the first two options."

In January, Ready announced that he wanted to become sheriff in Pinal County. Ready listed himself as a Democrat, and most considered his chances of being elected laughable.

Former Arizona Rep. Russell Pearce, the chief architect of some of the state's tough legislation against illegal immigrants, was once Ready's political ally and friend, but said in a statement that he distanced himself after learning of his ties to white supremacists.

"At some point in time, darkness took his life over," he said.

and see really sad last posts like this

http://www.facebook.com/amber.mederos.1?sk=wall

and get a different dimension of the victims and their lives

XBL B0B_MARLEY_MAR - The "0" in Bob is a zero

Vehicles
      335i | zx6r
      05-06-2012 07:38 PM #103

People are stupid. Hey lady it shows the location of the post.

Vehicles
      Six Speed Satanizer
      05-06-2012 08:27 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by hrama803 View Post

People are stupid. Hey lady it shows the location of the post.
      Helling so bad? Well that's no good at all.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      You are in the land of rust and honey.

35. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan, 1982 Alfa Spider, Cannondale R700
      05-25-2012 02:19 PM #105
      Learned that:
      - Most of the girls who were either a) my GF or b) I had a major crush on, are still pretty cute.
      - At 34, most of the girls/guys I know have kids, and they post pics of them prodigiously on FB.
      - People are on FB, a lot, during working hours.
      - Some girls have REALLY gone downhill.
      - Everyone seems to be, for the most part, doing pretty well.
      CLICK HERE to vote for my LEGO Front Loader Garbage Truck project on LEGO Ideas!

Vandelay Industries - Specializing in Latex since 1992.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast