Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: MY10 Build

Vehicles
      2010 VW Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition APR Stage I
      04-24-2012 01:01 AM #1
      My Original plan was a retrofit headlight but the person could not deliver due to family problem and personal issue but had issue me a full refund. saw these on Ebay and wanted to take a leap and Glad i took the leap enjoy! I'll post more photos of my other retrofits but i had to upload this first because i know a lot of people been looking for a retrofit

P.S. there are only 3 left ebay
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiguan-5N-20...49154940385217

APR Stage 1
      Install RNS-510
      retrofit backup camera
      retrofit GTI Steering wheel with paddle shifters
      LED Bi-Xenon Headlights

Wish list
      APR Stage 2
      RIMS
      Payoff Car by the end of the year

2. Member
      04-24-2012 10:47 AM #2
      so is like a BMW Audi hybrid...
      its cool.

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SEL 4Motion, 2012 Touareg Hybrid
      04-24-2012 01:21 PM #3
      How is the build quality? Looks like it is coming from China so I wouldn't be surprised if something fails soon (hopefully not). If I were you I'd do the water test and drive with my headlights on as much as possible while the warranty is in tact just to make sure.
      My build thread:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...L-build-thread

Mods: X-Pel Headlight Shields, 3M Clear Bra, OEM Door Moldings, OEM Aspherical Mirrors, R-line Door Sills, Rear Hatch Chrome Molding, and many more to come soon...

Vehicles
      04-24-2012 02:00 PM #4
      The build quality is surprisingly strong but the only down fall is there is a battery type thing that dangles. I wish that they would of placed it inside the housing but with a little 3M tape and Electric tape to hid it will do the trick.

I VAG-COM the DRL's so my low-beam are not the main DRL's so my parkers are on and fog lights are on this keeps the LED and the Angel eye on at all times.

I wish there was a way to put the turn off the fog lights as DRL I tried a bunch of things on the long code even with the changing the lamp percentage to 1% X 1 does not work. this didn't work any tips with keeping the fog lights turned off.

Cheers

Vehicles
      04-24-2012 05:05 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by MacProD300 View Post
      The build quality is surprisingly strong but the only down fall is there is a battery type thing that dangles. I wish that they would of placed it inside the housing but with a little 3M tape and Electric tape to hid it will do the trick.

I VAG-COM the DRL's so my low-beam are not the main DRL's so my parkers are on and fog lights are on this keeps the LED and the Angel eye on at all times.

I wish there was a way to put the turn off the fog lights as DRL I tried a bunch of things on the long code even with the changing the lamp percentage to 1% X 1 does not work. this didn't work any tips with keeping the fog lights turned off.

Cheers
      I am no expert in Vag-Com, I don't even own a cable (yet). Have you looked into adding a euro switch, could it possibly fix that problem?
      My build thread:

Mods: X-Pel Headlight Shields, 3M Clear Bra, OEM Door Moldings, OEM Aspherical Mirrors, R-line Door Sills, Rear Hatch Chrome Molding, and many more to come soon...

Vehicles
      04-25-2012 09:08 AM #6
      yeah i have the Euro switch i've done it before but i just don't remember what i did. i should of saved the long code.

Vehicles
      13' S5 Coupe 3.0T 6spd APR Stg 2+, 09 VW GTI 2dr, 11 VW Tiguan 2.0T 4Motion SE APR k04, 14 Jetta TDI
      04-25-2012 09:10 AM #7

Cheers
      Foglight as DRL is not a factory standard, it is an option in vagcom. i purposely set mine to it via vc.

Vehicles
      04-25-2012 01:41 PM #8
      yeah i have the Euro switch i've done it before but i just don't remember what i did. i should of saved the long code.
      I know for a fact that your dealer can pull your original code for you. It take them 5-10 min.
      My build thread: