04-24-2012 08:39 AM #2
      looks nicer than the x3 and q3

3. 04-24-2012 09:17 AM #3
      They call me Dodge

They call me Acura

They call me Audi

That's not my name.

Vehicles
      2008 Mini Cooper S Clubman, 2006 Forester, 1972 BMW 2002tii, 93 W124 gone to the glue factory
      04-24-2012 09:19 AM #4
      Does anyone really care about stuff like this?
      Classicmotoringllc.com - my new brokerage and consulting business based out of a lavishly converted first floor bedroom in Allentown, PA. I am always looking for quality enthusiast cars to consign, research projects or consultation opportunities. Keep an eye on my page as you can see my blabberings about cars and other such junk in the blog section!

Vehicles
      1963 Mercury Comet, 2014 Mini Cooper, '02 Suburban 2500LT
      04-24-2012 09:24 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by geofftii2002 View Post
      Some people like to be well informed abotu cars from around the world. Being well rounded and well informed is how TCL solves "name that car" threads in a few minutes. Whether the cars are from China and not available here, Brazil and not available here or the UK and not available here, well rounded car enthsuiasts like being in the know.

So if you don't want to be in the know, STAY THE **** OUT OF THESE KIDS OF THREADS instead of bitching about them.
      I love cars, but the problem is they are like schroedinger's hobby. They're always in a quantum superstate of being both awesome and a huge waste of time and money... until observation momentarily forces them into one state or another.

6. Member
      04-24-2012 09:30 AM #6
      Amen brotha!

Vehicles
      Six Speed Satanizer
      04-24-2012 09:34 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by geofftii2002 View Post
      The OP clearly did yea, so do I.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_V View Post
      Some people like to be well informed abotu cars from around the world. Being well rounded and well informed is how TCL solves "name that car" threads in a few minutes. Whether the cars are from China and not available here, Brazil and not available here or the UK and not available here, well rounded car enthsuiasts like being in the know.

So if you don't want to be in the know, STAY THE **** OUT OF THESE KIDS OF THREADS instead of bitching about them.
      This comment should someone pop up as a disclaimer whenever someone's going to comment on a Chinese car thread.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      You are in the land of rust and honey.

Vehicles
      99 Miata, 2013 F150
      04-24-2012 09:34 AM #8
      Sad no interior shots
      Team 30k Jetta - Frat Boys

Vehicles
      2010 MkVI MT TDI Golf, 2000 B5 4M Passat Wagon
      04-24-2012 09:35 AM #9
      Also, Zotye or Zoyte or Tzeitel or whatever still reminds me of Fiddler on the Roof. Can't help it.
      Last edited by feels_road; 04-24-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Vehicles
      2009 Mercedes GL320 Bluetec, 2009 Mercedes B200
      04-24-2012 09:43 AM #10
      Yarp or narp?

Vehicles
      Mazda 3 GT
      04-24-2012 10:54 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by ClownCar View Post

Vehicles
      Worship the volcano or else!
      04-24-2012 09:45 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by feels_road View Post
      Also, Zotye or Zoyte or Tzeitel or whatever still reminds me of Fiddler on the Roof. Can't help it.
      Yeah, I was seriously expecting some weird central-European supercar that would make a Spyker look mainstream. Kinda disappointed.
      "You see, I am for the great loves and the great hates."
      -Enzo Ferrari

Vehicles
      Jetta Coupe (1989) GTI (1988) Audi Cabrio (1992)
      04-24-2012 10:58 AM #13

I could care less about the latest BMW... i'm not gonna buy it and will see it everyday on the roads.. I want to learn about stuff i WON'T see daily.
      Welcome to the internet:
      Where men are men, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents.

Member of VOLKSFORUM.COM
      "I like my women like i like my coffee,.... plastic cup"-Eddie Izzard.

Vehicles
      2008 Mini Cooper S Clubman, 2006 Forester, 1972 BMW 2002tii, 93 W124 gone to the glue factory
      04-24-2012 11:04 AM #14

I just don't see the appeal beyond being an anorak for obscure and uninteresting cars. Where's the enthusiast appeal? Maybe if I were in to economics of China or something I could see it... but but like cars for reasons beyond a method of transport.

I'm all for weird stuff - but usually because of interesting design or some new engineering feature or function that we haven't seen before. Even plain ol' economy cars can be interesting if there's some sort of creativity or fun factor that's inherent in the design.

This is just another generic car made up from a few other existing designs - there's not even mention of the technical spec- so what's to like about it?

It's like having a great interest in all the different brands of Corn Flakes. Sure, Corn Flakes are okay when you're hungry, but compared to traditional French cuisine (for example), there's not a whole lot of depth of character or inherent passion. [Current]Chinese cars = Corn Flakes.

Oh, and it's okay, we sometimes make mistakes when we're mad and yelling... I'll let the misspelling pass this time.
      Classicmotoringllc.com - my new brokerage and consulting business based out of a lavishly converted first floor bedroom in Allentown, PA. I am always looking for quality enthusiast cars to consign, research projects or consultation opportunities. Keep an eye on my page as you can see my blabberings about cars and other such junk in the blog section!

Vehicles
      WRB ZC6L
      04-24-2012 11:53 AM #15
      I may be out of the loop (took a break from TCL/VWV for a few months), but did the Wimblebot finally get hacked into by the Chinese? This seems to be all it posts about now... although with the demise of Saab, I suspect it lost the will to seek self-awareness.

14 torque-less wonder | 08 sorority special | seventwosix | flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      The motto of TCL should be: If you build it, we will consider it. Used. In a few years.

Vehicles
      1994 Honda Prelude V-TAK
      04-24-2012 11:56 AM #16
      I want to care about Chinese car's but I can't until they gain a morcel of originality and quality.

Vehicles
      2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon
      04-24-2012 11:58 AM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
      I may be out of the loop (took a break from TCL/VWV for a few months), but did the Wimblebot finally get hacked into by the Chinese? This seems to be all it posts about now... although with the demise of Saab, I suspect it lost the will to seek self-awareness.

It's all Wimblebot has ever posted about.

The Beijing Auto Show is the most wonderful time of the year! All the awesome pirated-design cars, and all the righteous indignation of people who are tired of all the threads populating their precious Car Lounge. It's glorious!