So...if everyone says stay away from B5/B5.5 cars...what others would TCL suggest in the $5,000 range for a daily driver that will rack up a LOT of miles (4 round trips to Williamsburg VA from Annapolis per month, plus daily work commute, plus normal errands...I figure roughly 20-30,000 miles a year.
- RELIABLE and long lived (due to the miles I will be racking up)
- Above 30mpg on the highway (more is better)
- Relatively quiet at 75mph
- Relatively smooth ride (I have the R1 for when I want my teeth rattled)
- 4 doors
- Good sized storage areas
- SOME soul/fun factor
- Room for 4 in COMFORT
- Decent stock audio system
- Manual trans
- Station Wagon?
- Rockin' stock sound system
- Good handling
All of the above are in comparison to my 2008 HHR LS (base model, no options), so things like quick and good handling don't take THAT much to meet expectations. haha! But more than anything...I guess I'm looking for an appliance that has maybe a touch of soul.
I was seriously considering going back to VW/Audi, specifically a B5 or B5.5 1.8T but others are saying no way.
So, what says TCL? What should I be looking at?