Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2012 Civic Lease, input needed

Vehicles
      95 VRT Euro Beast
      04-24-2012 02:03 PM #1
      hey guys. a local dealership is offering a what seems to be a pretty good deal on a 2012 cvic base model lease. i need something small and this is perfect for my mom for around the town driving.
      They are advertising $0 down payment, $0 first payment , $129 per month and all you have to pay is for Tax , tltle , tag dmv fees etc. ...
      any input would be very much appreciated
      thank you

Vehicles
      2011 Volkswagen Jetta SEL Sport (m-t) but looking for a new VW!
      04-24-2012 02:24 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by BlakVRTBeast View Post
      hey guys. a local dealership is offering a what seems to be a pretty good deal on a 2012 cvic base model lease. i need something small and this is perfect for my mom for around the town driving.
      They are advertising $0 down payment, $0 first payment , $129 per month and all you have to pay is for Tax , tltle , tag dmv fees etc. ...
      thank you

I would say that's a great deal. Depending on your state, tax may be added to the payment, or you may be required to pay it all up front.
      So let me get this straight? Your engine is 1.8-liters, and my pop is 2?

3. 04-24-2012 05:06 PM #3
      thank you
      for deals too good to be true, scrutinize and double check the fine-print

big-print small numbers on ads, small-print big numbers in fine print

Vehicles
      95 VRT Euro Beast
      04-25-2012 12:58 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by deagle View Post
      for deals too good to be true, scrutinize and double check the fine-print

big-print small numbers on ads, small-print big numbers in fine print
      will do , thank you for the info and i am from NY. i will take a trip to the dealer and find out all the FINE details and all the good stuff to make sure nothing is hidden

5. 04-26-2012 07:25 PM #5
      FYI lease deals that work out to payment under 1% of MSRP are basically unheard of. This lease deal would be well under 1%.

Highly skeptical.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      1997 MKIII GTI 2.Slow
      04-26-2012 07:34 PM #6
      In my area Nissan dealers ocasionally do leases that low, but it is rare. Also they come with super low mileage allowences.

How much does your mom drive? Because the lease may have as little as 10K miles a year to use.

7. 04-26-2012 10:06 PM #7
      Generally on an dealer advertised car, they have one car. It may or may not still be there when you go to look.

Vehicles
      95 VRT Euro Beast
      04-30-2012 11:13 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Spatzle View Post
      In my area Nissan dealers ocasionally do leases that low, but it is rare. Also they come with super low mileage allowences.

How much does your mom drive? Because the lease may have as little as 10K miles a year to use.
      mileage is 12k per yr more than she drives

Vehicles
      2010 Camry LE 4-cyl
      05-01-2012 01:35 AM #9
      thank you
      My post might be too late since Honda's current incentives ended on 4/30, but I wouldn't be surprised if they carry over into May, if not by June. For the sake of comparison, the 2012 Civic LX sedan can be leased here for $169 per month for 36 months, 12K miles per year, $0 down aside from tax/title/license and that dumb $129 doc fee, and Honda pays the first month's lease payment. Pretty sweet deal, although an Accord LX could be leased for only $10 more per month. Same parameters as above.

Vehicles
      95 VRT Euro Beast
      05-02-2012 03:04 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by AQ View Post
      My post might be too late since Honda's current incentives ended on 4/30, but I wouldn't be surprised if they carry over into May, if not by June. For the sake of comparison, the 2012 Civic LX sedan can be leased here for $169 per month for 36 months, 12K miles per year, $0 down aside from tax/title/license and that dumb $129 doc fee, and Honda pays the first month's lease payment. Pretty sweet deal, although an Accord LX could be leased for only $10 more per month. Same parameters as above.
      still havent gotten a chance to go to the dealership , yes they are giving great deals on the accords as well. anyone know how much would the tax/title licence etc fees round up to ?
      thanx

Vehicles
      2010 Camry LE 4-cyl
      05-03-2012 03:22 AM #11
      still havent gotten a chance to go to the dealership , yes they are giving great deals on the accords as well. anyone know how much would the tax/title licence etc fees round up to ?
      thanx
      That would vary greatly... depends on the state you live in. For example, here in Wisconsin, we pay sales tax on the monthly payment. Whereas in Illinois, you pay sales tax on the selling price of the vehicle. Big, big difference.

Vehicles
      95 VRT Euro Beast
      05-04-2012 01:42 AM #12
      Hey guys finally had the time to stop at one of the local dealers, seems like ill have to do some more shopping around to get a better deal. The deal with $0 down is just too expensive, all the fees would come close to about $3600 and the payment would be around $120 per month. Another deal they offered me was with paying some fees and first payment and that would put me at $198 per month. Lastly the sign and drive with no money down no first payment puts me at $218 per month. I think thats way too much for a base model bone stock civic. Like i said ill have to visit other dealers and compare some quotes.

Vehicles
      '13 Escape Titanium
      05-04-2012 08:10 PM #13
      $0 cash out of pocket and $218 a month sounds like a pretty killer deal... I had a family member shopping for a honda recently and they tend to not leave much on the deal if they know you are walking out the door. You may be able to get another 5-10 bucks (who knows as Honda dealers tend to be a bit vague on terms and finding the lease info can be tough, unlike BMW, MB, VW etc... that tend to have more internet savvy buyers who publish info as they find it) but to have a brand new car for a bit over $200 with no investment from you up front seems pretty good.
      Derek Douglas
      Internet Manager
      McKenna VW Cerritos
      562-653-9000

Vehicles
      95 VRT Euro Beast
      05-07-2012 02:24 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by DCubed View Post
      $0 cash out of pocket and $218 a month sounds like a pretty killer deal... I had a family member shopping for a honda recently and they tend to not leave much on the deal if they know you are walking out the door. You may be able to get another 5-10 bucks (who knows as Honda dealers tend to be a bit vague on terms and finding the lease info can be tough, unlike BMW, MB, VW etc... that tend to have more internet savvy buyers who publish info as they find it) but to have a brand new car for a bit over $200 with no investment from you up front seems pretty good.
      yes its not that bad of a deal but its a bone stock civic with hubcaps , i might be able to get a sentra or something along those lines for cheaper , ill keep looking around and see what happens

Vehicles
      95 VRT Euro Beast
      05-16-2012 09:49 AM #15
      some updates :
      Went to a different dealership and this deal seems pretty good to me:
      - $119 per month and a little under $2k with all the fees and whistles for 27 months. Or another option they gave me was put down $1500 and payment would be $149 a month. The $119 a month with $2k in fees comes out to cheaper in the long run, im gonna go back to original dealership i went to and tell them about this and see what they can do for ... any thoughts guys >?

Vehicles
      '12 GTI 2-DR
      05-16-2012 08:04 PM #16
      The dealer is the problem, most dealers advertise a monthly payment and a fine print to get you into the dealer. Most will try to lease you the car with a much higher payment than what they advertise, in reality you can go even lower than what's advertised.

Know what the MSRP of the car is and the invoice, as well as what people are paying around your area, in a lease, you can negotiate selling price. Know what the car's residual value is as well as the money factor, these are set by the bank, in this case Honda Financial or whatever Honda's bank is. The residual and money factor cannot be negotiated but the dealer can mark it up. Also know what the fees and taxes are where you are buying, dealers also try to put BS fees and mark them up if they give you a very good selling price or something else; I would never pay over $1k in fees, taxes, title, tag, etc when leasing. On a Civic, this is what you should pay at inception and remember the $129 will be plus tax. There are many little details to leasing, or you can just find a good, reputable dealer which will not play those silly games.

This is a good place to start:
      http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/Web...oksaU@.ef9da11

Good luck.
      2015 M235i On Order | 2012 GTI MKVI | 2013 CC | 2012 A5

Vehicles
      95 VRT Euro Beast
      05-30-2012 05:19 PM #17
      UPDATE
      Ended up taking the deal with $119 per month with $2k in fees for 27 months, but when they tried to do it that offer had expired. New offer was better for me i think :
      $99 per month
      $2050 in fees for 39 months , i only get 10k in miles per yr but its for my mom and i highly doubt she will be going over.