Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Roof/Sound/Nav - Manual Transmission? When?

1. 04-24-2012 03:29 PM #1
      I'm new to The Beetle board! I've watched for many months as you all waited patiently for your cars - and some still. I'm now seeing some fully loaded Beetles at dealerships. But all with DSG. Are there any manuals on order by dealers or will it require a custom order? Will the wait still 4 - 5 months for a 2013 as the pipeline is cleared out?

Thanks!

Vehicles
      2003 New Beetle Turbo S; 2013 Reef Blue Beetle Turbo w/ s/s/n
      04-24-2012 03:56 PM #2
      Get in line! Haha

I've had my fully loaded manual turbo Beetle on order since Sept 29th and still nothing. They are telling me it will be a 2013 model now but still no ETA on when I will get it.

I kills me to see all of the fully loaded automatic models and the almost fully loaded manuals available. I won't settle for less than what I want and am willing to wait but it is starting to get a bit ridiculous on the length of time...

3. 04-24-2012 08:14 PM #3
      You have better luck ordering a Ferrari...

...and they say Italians are inefficient.

4. 04-24-2012 08:20 PM #4
      Am I correct - all I see are base 2.0T available with manual....? None with sunroof/sound - with cloth even?

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2002 NB Turbo Sport ; 2010 NB Red Rock; 2012 Beetle-Base-RedTurbo
      04-24-2012 11:37 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by RandyG View Post
      Am I correct - all I see are base 2.0T available with manual....? None with sunroof/sound - with cloth even?
      There are a few with sunroof and sound available in the United States, but they seem to all be cloth (you can check cars.com, autotrader.com, or dealer websites directly). I bought a base manual turbo while I continue to wait for my fully loaded manual turbo with red/black interior that I ordered back in Setpember and still has no production date. The first one like I ordered is not scheduled to arrive to the United States (Texas) until July 21!! So yes, more waiting for the fully loaded manual turbo with leather interior.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Turbo beetle
      04-25-2012 09:24 AM #6
      Keep in mind that even though I first ordered my MT Base Turbo in October of last year I
      wasn't able to get the car until five months later....and this was a car that had no options
      but did have the 3 Gauge Pod and the Sport suspension. To this day I have not seen any
      cars of the same 'complete' configuration arrive at my dealership, nor have I seen any on
      the road. I see many 'base' 2.5's but that's it. Have seen a 'gazillion' Fiats but this could
      be due to their $58 a month lease price. Most are young women who probably like to
      identify with that 'J Lo' commercial.

7. 04-25-2012 01:27 PM #7
      Am still a bit up in the air about the sunroof. Drove one a 2.5 with roof and Turbo without. The mesh screen doesn't help much in keeping the heat out. I live in the Palm Springs area and I don't know if I could deal with the radient heat pouring in.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2002 NB Turbo Sport ; 2010 NB Red Rock; 2012 Beetle-Base-RedTurbo
      04-25-2012 01:46 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by RandyG View Post
      Am still a bit up in the air about the sunroof. Drove one a 2.5 with roof and Turbo without. The mesh screen doesn't help much in keeping the heat out. I live in the Palm Springs area and I don't know if I could deal with the radient heat pouring in.
      You can always tint the sunroof.

9. 04-25-2012 02:26 PM #9
      I thought about tinting as well. But if you do a search, it's strongly not recommended to do so because the glass can shatter. I've never heard of that.

I had a Mini Cooper years ago with the same type of mesh. It was horrible in the summer and I lived in a mild climate. I now see they make an insulated insert you can place between the mesh and glass. Maybe that's the way to go.