Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 Passat buyers guide

1. Member
      04-29-2012 04:42 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by cnnpress View Post
      An unconfirmed source said 1000 dollars difference...
      I'll cough up the 1K...but give me the low interest finance rate like the Jetta or Touareg TDIs

Also, they should not force the dinamica seats on the SEL...what a piece of crap from the long term wear point of view

2. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '87 Golf GT, '99 Jetta Wolfsburg, '12 Passat TDI SEL refused delivery
      04-29-2012 05:02 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by AsianDude View Post

Also, they should not force the dinamica seats on the SEL...what a piece of crap from the long term wear point of view
      Do you have an solid data to back that? From the anecdotal data I've heard they are supposed to wear very well.

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Current: 2012 VW Passat SEL Premium; Previous 2004.5 Passat GLX
      04-29-2012 06:53 PM #28
      I agree
      I wish I could have gotten all leather on my SEL Premium, as I was able to get on my 2004.5 GLX top of the line car.

Why does the engine you buy dictate what seats you get if you get the top of the line on the car you pick out of the 3 engines? Makes no sense
      I am also concerned on how hard it will be to keep these seats clean since its 2 materials and you have to clean the leather part one way and the dynamica another way.
      Also dont like that the Dynamica attracts lint and I didnt want the darker interior but got stuck with it since its impossible to find the Moonrock grey anywhere without special ordering and wating for months!

Quote Originally Posted by AsianDude View Post
      Last edited by salsaguy; 04-29-2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: added info

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Current: 2012 VW Passat SEL Premium; Previous 2004.5 Passat GLX
      04-29-2012 06:56 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by cnnpress View Post
      An unconfirmed source said 1000 dollars difference...

sadly I dont think the after mod for the 2012s will be only $1000 to do it after the fact compared to the 2013 which has it built in.

Sad to know the top of the line Passats dont even offer this as an option esp with all the other top safety options it offers. Seriously sad esp since the RNS 510 has all the capabilities to make use of it so its not like its a big deal to offer it as an option. Just makes no sense.
      And definitely hurts them when customers compare with the other cars that do offer it Std or as an option.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI
      04-29-2012 11:52 PM #30
      i wonder if the rear vents are like the chinese passat where they get their own controls or its a dumbed down version...

Is the parts catalog for the 2013's out by any chance??

6. Member
      04-30-2012 03:53 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by VW_JW View Post
      Do you have an solid data to back that? From the anecdotal data I've heard they are supposed to wear very well.
      Solid data? No.
      But from what i can tell about the matting of the dynamica section on the driver seat compared to the passenger seat of the dealer demo car (read as more used), its going to look like old carpet would with daily use.
      Its not about wear from stretching, but rather that section aging faster and soiling faster thn the rest of the seat.
      Last edited by AsianDude; 04-30-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Vehicles
      2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT
      04-30-2012 07:55 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by redneckracing View Post
      i wonder if the rear vents are like the chinese passat where they get their own controls or its a dumbed down version...
      For this class of car? I'm 100% sure there are no controls. Remember the Chinese Passat and NA Passat are in different classes, regardless of being the same car.

Quote Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
      Why does the engine you buy dictate what seats you get if you get the top of the line on the car you pick out of the 3 engines? Makes no sense
      Actually, it's the trim level. SEL trims come with leatherette and SEL Premiums come with leather/dynamica. The thing is, there is only one SEL trim and it's with the 2.5L.

At the time of my purchase, I didn't care about the actual seating surface, more so that I wanted the sport seats because the standard ones are too flat. So far, I don't mind having the leather/dynamica combination. And I have the tan interior too... might get stained over time if I don't keep it clean, but I should be trying to do that anyway.
      ||||||||||||||
      CURRENT: 2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT
      PREVIOUS: 2009 VW Tiguan SE; 2006 VW Passat 2.0T; 1997 Oldsmobile Achieva Coupe

8. 05-02-2012 01:45 PM #33
      Hrm - What I wonder is whether the rear vents can be swapped onto a 2012... I guess it depends on the ducting that will be done there.

Vehicles
      MK1/L322/VZ/E24
      05-02-2012 07:10 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by wutbürger View Post

2014 Passat?
      ugh, i want this. give me an HID option with a manual transmission and i'm sold. honestly, its a big thing holding me back right now!!
      MK1 Scirocco S | L322 Range Rover SC | E24 6 series | VZ Monaro CV8

President of PKG
      "Oh, you're the Iowa guys!" ---> www.projektgerman.com

10. Member
      05-03-2012 12:18 PM #35
      Does anybody know if the rearview camera has guiding lines that turn with the anticipated projection of the car or are the lines static and just shows a view of the back of the car?
      Thanks

Vehicles
      '11 GTI 4dr DSG w/ sunroof
      05-09-2012 01:21 PM #36
      Why the f!ck do you need to Nav to get MDI? I have MDI in my GTI without NAV and it could have come in my wife's '10 Jetta w/ out NAV. I listen to my iPod at least 50% of the time I drive around. I'd hate to give that up.

Vehicles
      2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT
      05-09-2012 03:46 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by blSwagger View Post
      Why the f!ck do you need to Nav to get MDI? I have MDI in my GTI without NAV and it could have come in my wife's '10 Jetta w/ out NAV. I listen to my iPod at least 50% of the time I drive around. I'd hate to give that up.
      You wouldn't have to. You get the MDI retrofitted I believe. Also there is AUX in the car as well.
      ||||||||||||||
      CURRENT: 2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT
      PREVIOUS: 2009 VW Tiguan SE; 2006 VW Passat 2.0T; 1997 Oldsmobile Achieva Coupe

Vehicles
      '11 GTI 4dr DSG w/ sunroof
      05-14-2012 12:03 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by capclassicv2 View Post
      You wouldn't have to. You get the MDI retrofitted I believe. Also there is AUX in the car as well.
      I would lease the Passat; I'm not going to pay full price to have that installed. Also, AUX is useless to me because 1) it doesn't charge the device; and 2) you can't control the device through the car (you have to do everything through the device itself, which is not safe while driving alone).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12