Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Info on the Nav for a B6 S4 2005.5

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      09' Fuji Team Carbon - Full Ultegra - EA 90s
      04-24-2012 06:24 PM #1
      I am looking at buying the 05.5 S4 with upgraded nav system and want to know if it has hands-free, satellite capabilities, ipod capabilities, usb hookup, also need the cost of DVD maps upgrades...
      Thanks for the help all

2. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      04-25-2012 11:58 PM #2
      Guess I'll find out when I get the car tomorrow. I realize each car may differ. Sorry if this was a stupid question... I'm learning here.

Vehicles
      2006 Audi S4 Avant 6MT
      04-27-2012 11:50 PM #3
      Hi Ken,

This forum isn't the most active for B6/7 S4 cars. That's probably why no one's answered yet.
      It might be too late but:

Hands Free: Yes
      Satellite: Yes
      Ipod: Not by default. You need to buy an adapter
      USB hookup: No
      DVD Maps are $199 from Navteq (usually available at the dealership or purchase online from Navteq). You can also download the DVD ISO image off the net and burn it yourself but you need to know what you're doing and technically, it's illegal.

Also, the SD cards need to be non high capacity and not over 4GB. These days, it's tough to buy 4GB non high capacity SD cards so it's easier to find 2GB non high capacity.
      Also, there's a limit of songs the system can read on each card. Some say 512 songs. Mine was 400 songs. Also, the unit doesn't combine the SD cards into one when playing. You have to pick one or the other.

Overall, the Nav system from Audi isn't their strong-suit but it does the job. Just don't expect all the bells and whistles. It's old and was never state of the art when it came out.
      Sprint Blue B7 S4 Avant 6MT - 421whp/350wtq
      JHM Stage 1 SC - JHM SS - JHM IM - JHM IS - JHM Stg 4 clutch - JHM LWFW - 19" O.Z. Ultraleggera - Stoptech ST-60 BBK - KW v3 CO - Apikol rear diff mount - Trexturk DP - Magnaflow CB - Hotchkis RS4 RSB - Apikol snub mount - Stern Motor mounts - 034 Adj FUCA - RS4 Pedals - TT-RS MFSW - Zada-Tech Gauges - STE Gauges - Dynavin D99 Android

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      04-28-2012 12:34 AM #4
      Awesome thanks for the info. Any suggestions where I can find a stronger b6/b7 community.

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      04-28-2012 12:38 AM #5
      Say i wanted to download the iso. Where do I find it. Just interested. Not like I'm actually gonna use it.

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      04-28-2012 01:10 AM #6
      Torrentcrazy...

Vehicles
      2006 Audi S4 Avant 6MT
      05-02-2012 02:28 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by KenAesthetic View Post
      Torrentcrazy...
      Yup, torrents. However, it's not enough to simply have the iso. You need to "burn" the image a special way, onto a special DVD type, etc.

As for more activity, audizine.com is the most active. audirevolution.net is the most technically informed. Both are good options.
      Sprint Blue B7 S4 Avant 6MT - 421whp/350wtq
      JHM Stage 1 SC - JHM SS - JHM IM - JHM IS - JHM Stg 4 clutch - JHM LWFW - 19" O.Z. Ultraleggera - Stoptech ST-60 BBK - KW v3 CO - Apikol rear diff mount - Trexturk DP - Magnaflow CB - Hotchkis RS4 RSB - Apikol snub mount - Stern Motor mounts - 034 Adj FUCA - RS4 Pedals - TT-RS MFSW - Zada-Tech Gauges - STE Gauges - Dynavin D99 Android

8. n00b
      Vehicles
      2005.5 S4
      05-09-2012 11:45 AM #8
      The owner's manual for the car goes into detail about the requirements and how to burn the card. You'll need to click your heels together three times while turning counter-clockwise between 7:07 and 7:09 PM to make it work though. They don't tell you about that part...