VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: "I Didn't Even See It" - Ford Expedition Menace to Society Edition

Vehicles
      MB 500SE AMG, Ford Focus ZX3, Loyale wagon, Mitsu pickup, Yamaha R6
      04-24-2012 09:11 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      That isn't a hit. That is a lovetap or a minor bump.

Sh*t happens and like others have pointed out it appears he was parked behind a big SUV. Reap what you ____.
      Yeah minor hit, doesnt matter. A minor hit is a big deal to me and many others on this "enthusiast" forum. Just because you don't get angry when somone damages your hard work doesn't mean that nobody cares.

I pointed that out, it looked like the car owner parked in a dumb spot.

I'm laughing to myself though, over all the people in here that seem to be so offended that he cussed. They're words just like any other, they have as much power as you place in them. Yes, it's very inappropriate in public situations, but it's hard to choose your words in a knee jerk reaction. Curse words are as much a part of the English language as any others.

Vehicles
      335i | zx6r
      04-24-2012 09:11 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
      Kids can take it. Hell, they're probably sexting each other anyway.

3. Banned
      Vehicles
      337/MKVI
      04-24-2012 09:13 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
      Most of the car is barely above bumper height, so of course it's difficult to see. It might even be more likely to be unseen than a motorcycle.
      These type of comments=

How about kids running around mommys car at the gas station? I see it all the time, one od them drops their binky boo between (in this case both suvs) as it backs up into the other one and we end up with a watered...melon.

EMT friend has a call where a woman in a large SUV ran over their kid, pushed the intestines out..D0A

Vehicles
      MB 500SE AMG, Ford Focus ZX3, Loyale wagon, Mitsu pickup, Yamaha R6
      04-24-2012 09:14 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by r_fostoria View Post
      Eh, I can understand being upset and stunned but a person should have more self control than to shout that kind of language in public.
      I dont see how it matters in any way. Those kids will hear it many, many times in thier life and it wont affect them.

5. 04-24-2012 09:15 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by 10-25 View Post
      These type of comments=

How about kids running around mommys car at the gas station? I see it all the time, one od them drops their binky boo between (in this case both suvs) as it backs up into the other one and we end up with a watered...melon.

EMT friend has a call where a woman in a large SUV ran over their kid, pushed the intestines out..D0A
      Did she at least have enough class to not cuss in public?

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Toyota Tacoma V6 4x4
      04-24-2012 09:16 PM #31
      Supposedly, the guy was filling up gas when the guy backed into the car, so he didn't see that the expedition guy was backing into his car.

And yea, if I'd just worked my ass off to build a car that somebody drove into, I'd probably be super pissed and curse the guy out.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2003 VW GTi VR6
      04-24-2012 09:16 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by B518tko4 View Post
      Instead of driving a cheap rice burner you drive an expensive Jew burner.
      2003 VW GTI VR6 <<<clicky
      SHIFT HAPPENS

04-24-2012 09:17 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by konigwheels View Post
      I'm laughing to myself though, over all the people in here that seem to be so offended that he cussed. They're words just like any other, they have as much power as you place in them. Yes, it's very inappropriate in public situations, but it's hard to choose your words in a knee jerk reaction. Curse words are as much a part of the English language as any others.
      Dunno if I can agree on that.

Cuss words don't make movies better for me. Don't make watching a sports game any better. And I can loss my job if I ever take a tone like that guy. So no the only big deal I see is the dudes response. His words are not going to get his car repaired any faster.
      Sent from my tablet while sipping weak drinks over fancy brunch with a view

9. Member
      Vehicles
      1996 BMW 328i
      04-24-2012 09:24 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by konigwheels View Post
      That's right, it is. It is because it offends some people. Maybe it doesn't offend the guy himself, maybe it doesn't offend you, but he doesn't know wheather or not it will offend anyone in the setting that he's in so he shouldn't say it. That's not being holier that though, it's the bear minimum of being a decent member of society. As for the kids, yes, I'm sure they'll hear that sort of language just as much as you or I do and considering their age they probably don't even know what it means. However, not cursing in front of children isn't all for the children's benefit, most of it is for the good of the parents.

04-24-2012 09:25 PM #35
      Where exactly is it parked?
      2014 Focus ST | 2001 Cabrio VR-T | 1995 GTI VR6
      A2Resource |

FS: MK3.5 Mirrors

Vehicles
      Puma GTE / Audi A3 8L
      04-24-2012 09:26 PM #36
      MEV driver is a idiot. In a 2 second window he screamed out the whole story.....aff

OHMYYYGAWDYOUHITTHECARIJUSTBUILWITHMYOWNHAAAAAAAAA AAAANDS

Seriously,

If I was driving something that low, I would be super careful cause a KNOW people wont see it MANY times. Therefore I would not throw a fit when someone did'nt see it.

I would probaly have screamed the guy to stop, after he stoped I would have walked over to his window and be like......."oh man, you hit a car I JUST built man, You can't see it from in there right?"

Which the response would have probally been MUCH better and the guy would have to pay for my damages ANYWAY since he hit me.

People overreact to things so easily, There are much bigger problems in the world then a guy in a SUV who did'nt see your 3 feet tall car and WITHOUT intention bumped into it. MEV driver is a idiot in my book.

12. Banned
      Vehicles
      337/MKVI
      04-24-2012 09:28 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by HalvieCuw View Post
      Did she at least have enough class to not cuss in public?

Vehicles
      Trailblazer SS | C6 Z06
      04-24-2012 09:33 PM #38
      Some of you guys are a bunch of pansies. So what, the dude cussed in public after someone backed into a car he spent a lot of time/money with, if you care for a car and someone wasn't paying attention, of course some language may get thrown out there.

If you read the Jalopnik link, the owner even says he was parked at a gas station fuel pump.

Quick to judge, TCL is.
      LOL MPG
      IG: @geeofff
      XBL:DevilYellowLS1

14. 04-24-2012 09:34 PM #39
      I can understand the angry, and understand some cursing being throwing around, but he just went over the top with it. I wouldn't call him a douche, but his tantrum doesn't help.

And the way he starts off with "WTF **** sucker! I just built that car with my bare hands!" gave me a hearty chuckle.

Vehicles
      2006 Vue, 2012 Chevy Cruze LT2, 1996 BK
      04-24-2012 09:37 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by mike02467 View Post
      huh? why would this be staged?

also, swearing in front of children? Guy should have his tongue cut off.

Blessings;
      JIMP.

Vehicles
      2007 Speed Triple, 2014 X1
      04-24-2012 09:39 PM #41
      When some drunk in a Mercedes hit my MR2 a few years ago I was not 'slightly miffed' I was f'ing extremely f'ing furious.

I used every single swear word I could think of and used them over a broad range of sentence structures.

Even when I called 911, I told the operator that some f'ing drunk [redacted] had just smashed into my f'ing car and I needed the f'ing cops, f'ing right f'ing here, f'ing now'.

I swear a great deal when annoyed or shocked or when I just have to get the f'ing point a-f'ing-cross.

If I had spent months building something and some f'ing [redacted] reversed into it, I would rage and rage and rage at them.

It might not make things better, faster, but it would make them understand just how f'ing stupid they are and just how lucky they are that I have not ripped their heads of. Yet.
      The above post is probably dripping in sarcasm.

I take a lot of photographs

17. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8, 96 T&C LXi
      04-24-2012 09:49 PM #42
      Somebody give that guy some Orbit gum pronto.

And I have a moment like that once.

Was leaving the office to meet somebody for lunch, passed by a parking lot side exit on the road to the main.
      A white Tahoe comes flying out of the parking lot.
      I slam on my brakes and swerve left.. and bang the rear tire of the SUV with my bumper.
      I immediately jumped out and started cussing loudly at the other vehicle...which just sat there at the sop sign ahead.
      Was a mad because of my scuffed bumper? No.
      I was mad because the a-hole could have run right over my ass if I hand't broke hard and swerved at the last second (lowering springs for the win?).
      It's one thing to drive irresponsibly in a Miata, but when you drive something that can easily squash normal cars.. you should pay better attention.
      I remind myself of that event occasionally when I find myself driving my old truck too aggressively.
      Oh- and the Tahoe took off before I thought to write down the tag.
      I guess my angry posturing and yelling scared the poor little thing, or at least I am sure that's what the driver would have told the cop if I had got the tag and they got her for driving off.
      or should could have said "I never felt anything?"
      Last edited by BRealistic; 04-24-2012 at 09:56 PM.
      “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

Vehicles
      1972 Condor II Autocross Spec with Dan in the passenger seat
      04-24-2012 09:51 PM #43
      Because Camry drivers never back into anything.

**** off with this "ban SUVs" bull.
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      yes, i am bored by FWD driving dynamics, and anyone who doesn't drive there cars to the limits and the beyond.

Vehicles
      glorified Volkswagen for middle class white women
      04-24-2012 09:52 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by GTE77 View Post
      MEV driver is a idiot. In a 2 second window he screamed out the whole story.....aff

OHMYYYGAWDYOUHITTHECARIJUSTBUILWITHMYOWNHAAAAAAAAA AAAANDS

Seriously,

If I was driving something that low, I would be super careful cause a KNOW people wont see it MANY times. Therefore I would not throw a fit when someone did'nt see it.

I would probaly have screamed the guy to stop, after he stoped I would have walked over to his window and be like......."oh man, you hit a car I JUST built man, You can't see it from in there right?"

Which the response would have probally been MUCH better and the guy would have to pay for my damages ANYWAY since he hit me.

People overreact to things so easily, There are much bigger problems in the world then a guy in a SUV who did'nt see your 3 feet tall car and WITHOUT intention bumped into it. MEV driver is a idiot in my book.
      "hey everyone, look at me try to brag about how cool and collected I would be in a hypothetical situation that will probably never happen to me and realistically would go down in exactly the same manner as the video did"
      flickr | Follow me on instagram: @ginger_reporter

Vehicles
      glorified Volkswagen for middle class white women
      04-24-2012 09:52 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by lojasmo View Post

Blessings;
      JIMP.
      flickr | Follow me on instagram: @ginger_reporter

Vehicles
      Mustang GT
      04-24-2012 09:55 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by zaYG View Post
      "hey everyone, look at me try to brag about how cool and collected I would be in a hypothetical situation that will probably never happen to me and realistically would go down in exactly the same manner as the video did"

Lol, I have had a car that I put a lot of labor into get smashed before. It wasn't very exciting, just called the police while the other driver was begging me not to because it was her uncle's car and blah blah.
      The good news: I gave up on being one of the cool kids!

Vehicles
      1974 MGB (Chrome Bumpers); 2015 e-Golf; 2013 Fiat 500 Pop
      04-24-2012 09:56 PM #47
      If you're upset at his language, please pull whatever it is out of your *******.

Thank you.

how come a transvestite donkey witch is next to you and why is it wearing a dress?

Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you mother****er, say what one more goddamn time!

Vehicles
      1972 Condor II Autocross Spec with Dan in the passenger seat
      04-24-2012 09:57 PM #48
      Also, don't ban SUVs, ban reversing out of parking spaces and driveways.
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      yes, i am bored by FWD driving dynamics, and anyone who doesn't drive there cars to the limits and the beyond.

Vehicles
      00' VR6T 12' V6 TDI 72' 914-6
      04-24-2012 09:57 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by VierSpeed View Post
      P.S. nsfw
      thanks....good thing I had the volume turned up.
      Larry
      Demokratikally Elekted Minister of Shekels of the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      The boobs. I am waiting on the boobs here.

Vehicles
      99 F-150 flared 4x4, 2010 Brooklyn built hipster mobile
      04-24-2012 10:04 PM #50
      Nice to know other people out there also get angry and cuss when something they work hard on doesn't go as planned.

Is everyone in here just making up for Barry's "cool and collective logic" since he got banned or something? Everyone in here that's ripping on the MEV owner for getting angry has got to be trolling. I'm convinced... trolls.

And I didn't know the MEV Exocet existed until now. I like.
      ZZ Top is cool.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast