Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Respect to the red B5

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2003 VW Passat Wagon 4motion W8
      04-24-2012 10:09 PM #1
      I was at a light today, heading home from work. I had a red B5 behind me who gave me dubs when I looked in the rearview mirror. When the light turned green, I mashed the sh#t out of the gas, took off running. He kept up for about 100 feet before I out ran him. Now, I don't know if it was a turbo 4 or a 6 but he ran pretty good. Lowered, good throaty exhaust note. Clean car, maybe could use a paint job, but decent. Nothing cheap looking and no fart can exhaust. So, to the red B5 in Midland, MI heading north or Freeland rd, same time next week, if you're anywhere around.

Vehicles
      Bagged B5.5 1.8T/81 rabbit diesel/tons of B3's
      04-24-2012 11:50 PM #2
      Street racing is for the gays.

Vehicles
      85 Golf 1.8t, 89 240sx ka-de, 01 ram 1500, 87 s12 200sx
      04-25-2012 12:36 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubb3dan View Post

i have several gay friends and none of them street race.
      Quote Originally Posted by tektoo2 View Post
      LOL A.D.D. is right! you swap motors like you change clothes...
      1985 Golf GL Domestic Import
      Form = Function

Vehicles
      04-25-2012 12:51 AM #4
      So do I. Want a cookie?

Vehicles
      2001.5 VW Passat V6 FWD (RIP), 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6spd manual
      04-25-2012 02:41 PM #5
      and now i have this stuck in my head:

God bless the homicidal maniacs... they make life worthwhile. - George Carlin

6. Member
      Vehicles
      04-25-2012 04:17 PM #6
      Right. Street racing. That's exactly what we were doing. Swerving in and out of traffic, running at 100 mph, all while throwing our safety and every other person's safety at risk. Save your speech for somebody else. We drove our cars hard for 6 seconds or so, all while in a 55 mph zone. Nothing ridiculous. I work as a full time paramedic and volunteer firefighter. I've seen what happens to people when they are stupid in their cars. We maybe hit 65. Maybe. Please save your comments for somebody who is really being an idiot instead of jumping to conclusions.

Also, I have a gay friend who is a professional drifter. I'm sure he would just love your comment and just gobble it up.

Vehicles
      85 Golf 1.8t, 89 240sx ka-de, 01 ram 1500, 87 s12 200sx
      04-26-2012 02:26 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by W8sted03 View Post

Also, I have a gay friend who is a professional drifter. I'm sure he would just love your comment and just gobble it up.
      Like a wiener!

Sorry terrible joke but I lold
      Quote Originally Posted by tektoo2 View Post
      LOL A.D.D. is right! you swap motors like you change clothes...
      1985 Golf GL Domestic Import
      Form = Function

Vehicles
      04-26-2012 08:07 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by W8sted03 View Post
      I work as a full time paramedic and volunteer firefighter.
      So you should know that it only takes seconds for someones kid to run out into the street and get killed because you were being stupid and exchanging "dubs" whatever the hell that means. Did you turn on your sweet blue light while you were giving said dubs?

Vehicles
      Stage 2 '03 Passat 1.8t, '91 Passat 16V Variant, 1977 Jawa 350
      04-26-2012 01:36 PM #9
      So you should know that it only takes seconds for someones kid to run out into the street and get killed because you were being stupid and exchanging "dubs" whatever the hell that means. Did you turn on your sweet blue light while you were giving said dubs?
      ZING!
      Long live the SCüMWAGON!

IG: @captain_scum

10. Member
      Vehicles
      04-27-2012 12:53 AM #10
      Really? Is that what you want to make this about? You have no clue where we were. There are NO HOMES within a mile and a half in either direction from there. It is nothing but fenced off, private company owned land. It goes on for miles and miles. I'm sure the middle of nowhere constitutes as somewhere, but it really is the middle of nowhere. The worst thing that would have happened was hitting a deer. But really, the point has been made either way.

You didn't like what I did and there's nothing you can do to make me feel wrong about what I did. Leave it at that. I really don't feel too compelled to justify my actions to you, and yet here I am. Show a little bit more respect, too. Not everybody is an elderly lady driving their car. Some people actually enjoy beating the crap out of their cars every once in a while. If that's not you, don't read any more of my posts.

To everybody else out there reading this thread, enjoy your car the way you want to. Dress it up, drop it, paint it, customize it, race it, drive it hard...what ever you want to do. Keep in mind to do so safely.

Vehicles
      B5 5MT UNITRONIC TUNED, B7 6MT STAGE 1.5 TDI
      04-27-2012 03:55 AM #11
      Wow all this for some dumb ****. Get the **** over it....

Vehicles
      2001 Passat Wagon
      04-28-2012 11:37 AM #12
      Keep it classy Vortex.
      GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.
      I like grocery getters.

Vehicles
      2008 VW R32, 2004 Passat GLS 4motion (Sold), 1995 Passat GLX (Sold), 1994 Jetta 8v ITB'ed (Sold)
      04-28-2012 02:10 PM #13
      Racing on streets is stupid. Go to a drag strip and race your slow VW like a man.

Vehicles
      1999 Volkswagen Passat GLS
      04-28-2012 05:27 PM #14
      And who buys a red car anyways? Red cars are only driven by dangerous speed demon maniacs. I bet when he bought that car he said to himself... "I can't wait to go run over a Nun and some innocent school children". This is sick I tell you. It's time the government step in and do something about this. Corvettes should all be confiscated and crushed. Same goes for W8 Passats. Those W8's are just so incredibly powerful and fast that pulling away from a light at full throttle and holding it WOT till you hit 50 is something only the Manson Family would consider doing. If Charlie is reading this, I bet he's jumping up and down with glee. And what about this 55 mph highway speed limit? Don't they realize a child (probably an honor role student) could get lost and wander out onto a highway? That child would get killed. What if that child had several friends following him? They would all get killed. There are highways everywhere. This is simply mass bloody carnage waiting to happen.

I know I haven't checked all the facts, wasn't there myself and have fabricated my own conclusions, but in my mind, I'm convinced I am right and all the facts in the world aren't going to change that.
      A science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures taken from inconclusive experiments and performed with instruments of problematic accuracy by persons of doubtful reliability and questionable mentality

Vehicles
      Stage 2 '03 Passat 1.8t, '91 Passat 16V Variant, 1977 Jawa 350
      04-28-2012 06:31 PM #15
      I'm with Steve on this one hahaha
      Long live the SCüMWAGON!

IG: @captain_scum