Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Vehicles
      '04 GTI VR6
      05-02-2012 03:18 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by AudiSportFan View Post

Of course he think's Black Ops 2 needs to take a year off. They Have the new Medal Of Honor coming out this year and want to make more money. MOH will make millions but BO2 will pass the billion mark like MW3 did. He just wants more business, it's kinda poor sportsman ship to trash talk another company lol
      PSN: Apnea--

Vehicles
      '00 Jolf 1.8T, '02 Jetta 1.8T
      05-02-2012 03:31 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by NoeVR6 View Post

Of course he think's Black Ops 2 needs to take a year off. They Have the new Medal Of Honor coming out this year and want to make more money. MOH will make millions but BO2 will pass the billion mark like MW3 did. He just wants more business, it's kinda poor sportsman ship to trash talk another company lol
      seriously....
      MoH 2010
      BF3 2011
      MoH: Warfighter 2012

Looks like EA is following the same schedule now also, just calling it a different name every other year.
      |ScArE BeAr MafIa|Low.Life.Society|WetDub|726|XBOX GT:DrNotSoHorrible

Quote Originally Posted by UberDub18t
      Dash invented the double

3. 05-02-2012 04:32 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by dashrendar View Post
      seriously....
      MoH 2010
      BF3 2011
      MoH: Warfighter 2012

Looks like EA is following the same schedule now also, just calling it a different name every other year.

Yep. They are following the same strategy. MoH uses a version of Dice's Frosbite engine just like Blops uses a version of the Infinity Ward engine. That was one of the reasons I didn't pick up Medal of Honor, it's gameplay and multiplayer looked like they were lifted directly from BFBC2 (I assume there is a sequel for this in the works too).

I wonder how "future" the gameplay is going to get? Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is around the corner (out end of this month) and they seem to be going deep with the future feel. This new Blops seems like going part way there...

Vehicles
      '00 Jolf 1.8T, '02 Jetta 1.8T
      05-02-2012 05:39 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by gizmopop View Post
      Yep. They are following the same strategy. MoH uses a version of Dice's Frosbite engine just like Blops uses a version of the Infinity Ward engine. That was one of the reasons I didn't pick up Medal of Honor, it's gameplay and multiplayer looked like they were lifted directly from BFBC2 (I assume there is a sequel for this in the works too).
      actually, MoH plays differently then both CoD and BF games. Its a little more tactical then CoD, but not as big and slow paced as BF. I have actually probably played more MoH then BF3. It is pretty fun. But the new MoH coming out will be using Frostbite 2 engine like BF3, so they could be more similar in this next go around.
      |ScArE BeAr MafIa|Low.Life.Society|WetDub|726|XBOX GT:DrNotSoHorrible

Quote Originally Posted by UberDub18t
      Dash invented the double

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      05-02-2012 06:35 PM #30
      Looks like more of the same. I'm fine with that though. The games are generally enjoyable and haven't been a huge letdown for me yet.

BF3 on the other hand was terrible, IMO. With each Battlefield release, I like them less and less.
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      05-03-2012 06:54 AM #31
      I liked BLOPS MP better than MW2, MW3. I was actually kind of disappointed that MW3 didn't adopt any of the changes BLOPS made to weapons and camo unlocking. The only thing they royally screwed up was the lag compensation and the penalty you take for hosting. I really don't understand wtf they were thinking.

Normal non-host round, i average a 2/1 kdr. If i am hosting i'm lucky to be 1/3
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

Vehicles
      MKV GTI / RIP MKIV Jetta / Burn in HADES GLS Beetle 1.8T!
      05-03-2012 11:26 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      I liked BLOPS MP better than MW2, MW3. I was actually kind of disappointed that MW3 didn't adopt any of the changes BLOPS made to weapons and camo unlocking. The only thing they royally screwed up was the lag compensation and the penalty you take for hosting. I really don't understand wtf they were thinking.

Normal non-host round, i average a 2/1 kdr. If i am hosting i'm lucky to be 1/3
      I HATE when i host for that reason alone. It's obvious too. It's not like "oh, i'm having a meh round" it's "WTF is this BULLCHITMANG?????"
      "We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      05-04-2012 12:59 AM #33
      Why is my Boss. So far in the past?
      “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

9. 05-16-2012 02:22 PM #34
      Mark Lamia had this to say about the game engine for Black Ops 2 via One of Swords:

Quote:
      People always ask me, “Is this a new engine?” I liken it to people who live in an older house that has been remodeled. Just because you’re remodeling the house and it will look new or it will have a new kitchen, you don’t tear out the foundation, or break out some of the framing. You might even go as hardcore as replacing the plumbing, and we will do that sort of thing, as an analogy. It’s a gross simplification, but it’s one way to say that. There’s a lot of good still in that foundation that you wouldn’t get rid of, and we don’t. We look to advance in the areas that support our game design.

Engines, each time they get touched, they change. The creators alter them; they don’t modify what they don’t need to, and then they alter what they need to. You can’t make a competitive product if you’re not upgrading that engine along the way.

I think the whole thing about a new engine…sometimes that’s a great buzzword. Well, I have a new graphics engine — is that a new engine? Where does it start and stop? Elements of the code, you can trace back for a very very long time…but whole parts of the code are entirely new. Two areas we did focus on for this game were the graphics and the lighting — a pretty significant amount of work is going into that.

I think what people are asking for is for us to push. They want us to make a better-looking game; they want things. I don’t think those are things people can’t ask for. We asked ourselves that very same question — we wanted to advance the graphics. I think the questions are valid. The answer may not need to be an entirely new engine, but you might need to do an entire overhaul of your entire lighting system. The trick is, we’re not willing to do that if we can’t keep it running at 60 frames per second — but we did that this time. So this is the Black Ops II engine.

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      05-17-2012 07:05 AM #35
      Ah, so it isn't a new engine. Just new marketing for a revised engine. COD won't get a new engine until nextbox and PS4 are released, imo.

Vehicles
      '04 GTI VR6
      05-17-2012 12:02 PM #36
      I was thinking the same thing about the engines. The new consoles are relly close to being announced though so we'll have what BO2 then whatever COD comes after that before a new engine comes out....hopefully lol! I honestly don't care all that much, I know alot of people want a new engine and swear it still looks like it did on COD 4 but it doesn't. You gotta be playing on a bad tv not to see the difference with each game. Lack of environment change has to play a huge part in why people think it looks the same. Alot of the random objects and cars were used in past COD games so it makes it look too similar. Maybe with this more futuristic attempt they'll be able to showcase the polish job better. These people should just ask EA if they can use the CryEngine 3. I like that engine wayyy better than that Frostbite engine. Crysis 3 is going to be a beautiful looking game you can see it on the trailers.

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.5
      05-25-2012 05:32 PM #37

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      05-25-2012 05:45 PM #38
      zombies are fun, i just found the maps to be a bit confusing.

Vehicles
      '04 GTI VR6
      05-26-2012 01:26 AM #39
      Zombies are only fun to me up untill about round 15. After that it gets boring just killing hoard after hoard. Too much of the same.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      05-26-2012 10:32 AM #40
      I always liked the Treyarch made games better than IW's versions. Black Ops and World at War were my favorite COD games, MW, mw2 and mw3...eh, not so much. I hate that the games are console ports to PC though. So much better on a pc
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

16. 05-27-2012 02:27 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by Egilbe View Post
      I always liked the Treyarch made games better than IW's versions. Black Ops and World at War were my favorite COD games, MW, mw2 and mw3...eh, not so much. I hate that the games are console ports to PC though. So much better on a pc
      It must suck liking poorly made glitched out pos games.

17. 06-04-2012 10:10 AM #42
      did you guyz preorder and get your free stuff you get 4 thing for free 1 st was a post BooM!!!

Vehicles
      '04 GTI VR6
      06-04-2012 06:53 PM #43
      Game is looking good >=]

I wanna see multiplayer though.

Oh and no big surprise but xbox is getting DLC first again. I just hope that they fix thier bull**** Elite cause making Elite part of hte DLC just delayed it for everyone more than usual.
      http://www.gamezone.com/products/cal...st-on-xbox-360
      Last edited by NoeVR6; 06-04-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.5
      06-04-2012 07:17 PM #44
      ^
      ^
      ^
      ^

Came to post this.... NoeVR6 beat me to it

Vehicles
      '04 GTI VR6
      06-04-2012 09:13 PM #45
      lol! So what are your thoughts from what they showed us so far? I like it, as far as the campaign it doesn't look like typical COD to me. I know alot of the comments on the video people are crying about how it's the same **** different game and that the graphics suck and a whole lot of other crap. I played old Atari games when I was little so i'm not 15 and spoiled on just PS2/3 and xbox graphics. I see this and i'm happy with it cause I've seen wayyy worse. Yea a better engine would be awesome but I wont let that make me not wanna get it. BF3 has its awesome little engine but I have more fun playing BFBC than that lol! As far as it being the same thing well it's a shooter, most of them are working with the same thing. They either are running a perk system and it's all the same but with different names or they are not using a perk system and it feels naked. I'm anxious to play this. I'm even more anxious to see multiplayer cause that's what I really buy these games for. Zombies will be neat to but it's not what I get these Treyarch games for.

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      06-04-2012 09:19 PM #46
      i've never completed a single player mode in any COD game. They are all horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Vehicles
      '04 GTI VR6
      06-04-2012 09:24 PM #47
      I only finished MW2 and Black Ops story mode.

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      06-04-2012 10:12 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      i've never completed a single player mode in any COD game. They are all horrible. Absolutely horrible.
      I went back and did MW2 after quite some time and just recently played through MW3. I find them a nice distraction from the online component when I get tired of it and need a break.
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

24. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      06-05-2012 06:08 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by SAPJetta View Post
      I went back and did MW2 after quite some time and just recently played through MW3. I find them a nice distraction from the online component when I get tired of it and need a break.
      I only play them when the internet is down and I want to kill people.
      “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      06-05-2012 07:43 AM #50
      M$'s strategy doesn't make me want to buy an xbox 360, it makes me hate M$.

Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast