Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Call of Duty Black Ops 2

1. 04-25-2012 09:20 AM #1
      http://callofduty.com/

Not much info out now besides a countdown on the COD website

04-25-2012 09:25 AM #2

FPSRussia has the scoop on what to expect. Watch the whole video and pay attention to what he says at the end. If you go to the call of duty website, there is a picture of one of these quad rotors embedded, but you can make it out.

Also, there are many people blogging about his t-shirt, and that companies name, Tacitus. They feel that name is going to be the developed story line. Tacitus website went up the day FPSRussia released this video.
      MKVI Shadow Metallic Blue 6 spd 4 door GTi
      MKVI Uni Black 6 spd Jetta TDi

3. 04-25-2012 10:15 AM #3
      I'm going to assume this will be the same rehashed COD game, different maps, different weapons, adjustment in perks, same ol' shotgun whoring/akimbo small arms/quick scope sniper kill bastardization?

If so... I'll still get it, play it for the Michael Bay madness, and semi-enjoy it lol

4. 04-25-2012 10:26 AM #4
      the kill streak perks that you have to control (like that RC car bomb) always suck for me, because i suck at them, so the remote control helicopter doesn't really peak my interest much right now.

i wish they had a new engine or something different that this ran off off. this may be a craigslist buy for me, i'm getting pretty burnt out on COD FPS's, heres looking at you lag. the lag in these games takes so much fun out of it.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Ford Focus
      04-25-2012 11:25 AM #5
      Black Ops 2 is rumored to run on the new iD Tech 5 engine. Same engine Rage was made on.
      XBL Gamertag: New Era Vince

Vehicles
      '04 GTI VR6
      04-25-2012 11:50 AM #6
      I don't get too upset over the game coming out often and not having too many changes. Alot of the FPS games out there are doing the same perks anyway, they just got different names for being able to do stuff like reload faster. There's really only so much you can do as far as perks so you can't get too mad over alot of things being reused with a different name. If they were to run no perk system like some fps games then people would cry that there's not enough lol! I'll get this game the day it comes out, I fully expect it to piss me off cause of the usual problems with lag but w/e I know I will still have fun. I just hope that the spawn is better than MW3. That revenge style spawning is so bad sometimes I would take a better spawn system over the lag being fixed It'll be interesting if this game takes place more into the future like alot of people think. If it does it will open the game to be more inventive since they are not trying to stay true to a time period and what was around at that time. Guess we'll just have to wait a few more days to see.
      PSN: Apnea--

7. 04-25-2012 01:17 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by robhurlburt View Post
      the kill streak perks that you have to control (like that RC car bomb) always suck for me, because i suck at them, so the remote control helicopter doesn't really peak my interest much right now.

i wish they had a new engine or something different that this ran off off. this may be a craigslist buy for me, i'm getting pretty burnt out on COD FPS's, heres looking at you lag. the lag in these games takes so much fun out of it.
      I didn't have a problem with the RCs in Blops, what killed it for me was the evil spawning: you would spawn on a side of the map controlled by your team, and inevitably someone from the other team would spawn behind you.

I never really felt a lag problem in Blops (then again we didn't play it that long ended up returning to MW2) but MW3 has serious lag problems.

One of my friends read on a MW3 forum that there is supposedly lag compensation built into this game... ie if you have a faster connection, the game adjusts so that you have to empty an entire clip into someone to kill someone with a slow connection, they however can kill you with one or 2 bursts.
      It would explain how the other night someone I was shooting at point blank right in front of me (closing in on him to less than a yard away), doesn't go down after unloading a full clip on him (no juggernaut/vests/blast shield)...he turn around and drops me instead

I hope they invest in some servers.

04-25-2012 01:31 PM #8

04-26-2012 01:52 PM #9

10. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      04-26-2012 05:09 PM #10
      overall, i liked Black Ops and prefer it to MW3, so hopefully this one is better than MW3.

probably also has to do with the fact i also like reading and learing about Cold War era and Vietnam era stuff.
      welcome to the layer cake

11. 04-26-2012 09:38 PM #11
      I liked the story line of BO. But its online play is complete garbage just like MW3 is... They took a good thing and completely ruined it with lag compensation

Vehicles
      '04 GTI VR6
      04-26-2012 10:13 PM #12
      This is a supposed leak of the BO2 multiplayer. Seems like BO2 will be set more in the future so I know we'll probably see modern weapons but I kinda hope this picture is fake lol! That's slightly different version of the mp7 and it looks too much like MW3. I know that when IW makes the next COD in 2013 it'll probably have the same MW look but i'm kinda used to having 2 different developers making it and taking turns. It makes for different looking games every year. I'd feel kinda weird going from MW3 to a BO2 that looks like it with similar weapons. UNLESS it's made really well then it'll be fine

13. 04-27-2012 08:13 AM #13
      fake: Crimson Scouser got it and i could see it was a fake the first time i looked at it. Its a mix between hard hat and mission as well as few other things. If you look in the left corner where you can see the window From a small building, its the same window from hard hat going C to B the long way and what is in the window as well. Also the angle of the hill leading to the window is the same as hard hat (same area C to B). For the broken wall im pretty sure that's from mission down in the ruins where all the broken walls are.

http://www.blackops2forum.com/f6/screen-shot-mp7-358/

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Ford Focus
      04-27-2012 11:36 AM #14
      Assault Shield!!!!!
      XBL Gamertag: New Era Vince

Vehicles
      '04 GTI VR6
      04-27-2012 12:05 PM #15
      Yea, when I first seen it I felt like I was looking at hard hat. Glad it's fake though.

Vehicles
      '04 GTI VR6
      05-01-2012 12:32 PM #16
      The UK website "accidently" went live for 1 hr and people were able to see pictures in fullsize. It's the same pics we've seen on the COD website but expanded. This has my interest, i'm happy to see it in the future. Something fresher to the series. Also I really really hope these robotic tank looking things make it into multiplayer. There hasn't been ground vehicles in COD multiplayer in a loooong time so it would be cool. RCXD doesn't count

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.5
      05-01-2012 05:35 PM #17

05-01-2012 08:12 PM #18

Vehicles
      '04 GTI VR6
      05-01-2012 08:23 PM #19
      You bastard, you beat me to it lol! Seriously liking what i'm seeing though. It doesn't really look like COD too much so that's a good thing lol!

Vehicles
      07 Passat Wagon 3.6 4Motion, 07 GTI DSG
      05-01-2012 11:37 PM #20
      Is that the new Michael Bay movie?
      - Nick

Vehicles
      '04 GTI VR6
      05-02-2012 12:46 AM #21
      So it seems that Zombies will be back BUT with different playlists to it. I hope so cause I liked Zombies but after 10 rounds it got boring due to it just being the same thing over and over round after round.

22. 05-02-2012 12:14 PM #22
      Guys, don't you think the Call of Duty franchise is too much overrated and overestimated? I like FPS, and I enjoy the CoD games, but seems like Madonna now. Name any game, even a rubbish one as Call of Duty and it will be a mega hit.

IMHO, Battlefield 3 from DICE was way better than Modern Warfare 3 (on 360).

Vehicles
      '00 Jolf 1.8T, '02 Jetta 1.8T
      05-02-2012 01:32 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by AudiSportFan View Post
      Guys, don't you think the Call of Duty franchise is too much overrated and overestimated? I like FPS, and I enjoy the CoD games, but seems like Madonna now. Name any game, even a rubbish one as Call of Duty and it will be a mega hit.

IMHO, Battlefield 3 from DICE was way better than Modern Warfare 3 (on 360).
      There are things I like about both. I like the scale and destruction of BF3.

But I like the fast paced quick games of MW3. Ive played both, and when I want to just have fun with friends, MW3 seems the better choice.

I wouldnt say either one is way better. They are 2 different types of games, that both just happen to be FPS.
      |ScArE BeAr MafIa|Low.Life.Society|WetDub|726|XBOX GT:DrNotSoHorrible

Quote Originally Posted by UberDub18t
      Dash invented the double

Vehicles
      '04 GTI VR6
      05-02-2012 02:10 PM #24
      I like all of them, I don't ever look at them as over rated. I play the game and I either like it or I don't, i've never been one to like or hate any game just cause someone who reviews games and pumps it up or brings it down does or doesn't like it. If that was the case I would've bought into the hype over BF3's engine and swooned over the game cause the graphics like sooo many people did. I bought BF3 to try it and it's kinda boring. Too slow and I hate the feel of it, the guns feel clunky and slow. The pace is slow as well. I get on it and after 2 matches usually turn it off. If you're one of those people that is feeling like "oh look another COD" and talks the games down cause they come out so often it's allready starting with EA. Battlefield will start to feel watered down to people eventually cause now they're starting to do BF the MOH then BF and MOH. Different names sure but very similar feel. The new MOH coming out looks like BF3. Well anyways this thread shouldn't turn negative twards the COD games as a whole since it's for BO2. I'm liking how Black Ops 2 is looking and i'm excited to play it in the future

Vehicles
      '04 GTI VR6
      05-02-2012 03:18 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by AudiSportFan View Post

Of course he think's Black Ops 2 needs to take a year off. They Have the new Medal Of Honor coming out this year and want to make more money. MOH will make millions but BO2 will pass the billion mark like MW3 did. He just wants more business, it's kinda poor sportsman ship to trash talk another company lol

Vehicles
      05-02-2012 03:31 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by NoeVR6 View Post

Of course he think's Black Ops 2 needs to take a year off. They Have the new Medal Of Honor coming out this year and want to make more money. MOH will make millions but BO2 will pass the billion mark like MW3 did. He just wants more business, it's kinda poor sportsman ship to trash talk another company lol
      seriously....
      MoH 2010
      BF3 2011
      MoH: Warfighter 2012

Looks like EA is following the same schedule now also, just calling it a different name every other year.

Dash invented the double

27. 05-02-2012 04:32 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by dashrendar View Post
      seriously....
      MoH 2010
      BF3 2011
      MoH: Warfighter 2012

Looks like EA is following the same schedule now also, just calling it a different name every other year.

Yep. They are following the same strategy. MoH uses a version of Dice's Frosbite engine just like Blops uses a version of the Infinity Ward engine. That was one of the reasons I didn't pick up Medal of Honor, it's gameplay and multiplayer looked like they were lifted directly from BFBC2 (I assume there is a sequel for this in the works too).

I wonder how "future" the gameplay is going to get? Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is around the corner (out end of this month) and they seem to be going deep with the future feel. This new Blops seems like going part way there...

Vehicles
      05-02-2012 05:39 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by gizmopop View Post
      Yep. They are following the same strategy. MoH uses a version of Dice's Frosbite engine just like Blops uses a version of the Infinity Ward engine. That was one of the reasons I didn't pick up Medal of Honor, it's gameplay and multiplayer looked like they were lifted directly from BFBC2 (I assume there is a sequel for this in the works too).
      actually, MoH plays differently then both CoD and BF games. Its a little more tactical then CoD, but not as big and slow paced as BF. I have actually probably played more MoH then BF3. It is pretty fun. But the new MoH coming out will be using Frostbite 2 engine like BF3, so they could be more similar in this next go around.

Dash invented the double

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      05-02-2012 06:35 PM #30
      Looks like more of the same. I'm fine with that though. The games are generally enjoyable and haven't been a huge letdown for me yet.

BF3 on the other hand was terrible, IMO. With each Battlefield release, I like them less and less.
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      05-03-2012 06:54 AM #31
      I liked BLOPS MP better than MW2, MW3. I was actually kind of disappointed that MW3 didn't adopt any of the changes BLOPS made to weapons and camo unlocking. The only thing they royally screwed up was the lag compensation and the penalty you take for hosting. I really don't understand wtf they were thinking.

Normal non-host round, i average a 2/1 kdr. If i am hosting i'm lucky to be 1/3
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

Vehicles
      MKV GTI / RIP MKIV Jetta / Burn in HADES GLS Beetle 1.8T!
      05-03-2012 11:26 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      I liked BLOPS MP better than MW2, MW3. I was actually kind of disappointed that MW3 didn't adopt any of the changes BLOPS made to weapons and camo unlocking. The only thing they royally screwed up was the lag compensation and the penalty you take for hosting. I really don't understand wtf they were thinking.

Normal non-host round, i average a 2/1 kdr. If i am hosting i'm lucky to be 1/3
      I HATE when i host for that reason alone. It's obvious too. It's not like "oh, i'm having a meh round" it's "WTF is this BULLCHITMANG?????"
      "We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

32. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      05-04-2012 12:59 AM #33
      Why is my Boss. So far in the past?
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

33. 05-16-2012 02:22 PM #34
      Mark Lamia had this to say about the game engine for Black Ops 2 via One of Swords:

Quote:
      People always ask me, “Is this a new engine?” I liken it to people who live in an older house that has been remodeled. Just because you’re remodeling the house and it will look new or it will have a new kitchen, you don’t tear out the foundation, or break out some of the framing. You might even go as hardcore as replacing the plumbing, and we will do that sort of thing, as an analogy. It’s a gross simplification, but it’s one way to say that. There’s a lot of good still in that foundation that you wouldn’t get rid of, and we don’t. We look to advance in the areas that support our game design.

Engines, each time they get touched, they change. The creators alter them; they don’t modify what they don’t need to, and then they alter what they need to. You can’t make a competitive product if you’re not upgrading that engine along the way.

I think the whole thing about a new engine…sometimes that’s a great buzzword. Well, I have a new graphics engine — is that a new engine? Where does it start and stop? Elements of the code, you can trace back for a very very long time…but whole parts of the code are entirely new. Two areas we did focus on for this game were the graphics and the lighting — a pretty significant amount of work is going into that.

I think what people are asking for is for us to push. They want us to make a better-looking game; they want things. I don’t think those are things people can’t ask for. We asked ourselves that very same question — we wanted to advance the graphics. I think the questions are valid. The answer may not need to be an entirely new engine, but you might need to do an entire overhaul of your entire lighting system. The trick is, we’re not willing to do that if we can’t keep it running at 60 frames per second — but we did that this time. So this is the Black Ops II engine.

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      05-17-2012 07:05 AM #35
      Ah, so it isn't a new engine. Just new marketing for a revised engine. COD won't get a new engine until nextbox and PS4 are released, imo.
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast