I've had mine about a month, too, and it has been great. My top 5 favorite things (in no order):
1. Perfect Size - the interior is roomy, but the footprint is compact. Did we gain any space by going from '02 Passat to Tiguan? Maybe not much... but the footprint is smaller and easier to park in downtown Chicago.
2. Styling - I like the clean, crisp VW design. Definitely a Europhile when it comes to cars, and the American and Japanese cars are either bland or odd. And I love our deep blue/beige color combo... in fact we jumped into buying our car a bit sooner than planned because we found a CPO with those exact colors we wanted. Also, I think I like the grill better on our 2011 than the new 2012.
3. Handling - Just as I love the Euro design, I also love the engineering. The turbo engine and sporty handling are great! Don't feel like I had to compromise handling by moving into an SUV from a sedan.
4. Bluetooth Integration - I love the hands free phone, being able to listen to podcasts or Pandora from my iPhone, etc.
5. Power Memory Seats - I'm 5'9", but my wife is 5'2". It was a pain to share a car w/out power memory seats. It would take a week to get it back to the right position, and then she'd use the car again. Now, we each have our settings programmed in, and it's so much easier. No knocked knees trying to get in after she's driven.
And I didn't even get into the panoramic sunroof, the quality of the interior materials...