Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Installing Waywell Reverse Camera in MK5 JETTA - need a pic

Vehicles
      2010 Audi A4 Quattro, 6MT (Ibis White)
      04-25-2012 01:25 PM #1
      I just bought a waywell 6050 headunit and installed it into my 2006 Jetta, and crimped the reverse wire and hooked up the video wire and ran it to the trunk. The part I am stuck on it how do I get that video/power wire into the trunk lid.

Do i just zip tie it to the trunk harness and cut a hole in the grommet and feed it into it, or is there another easier way?

Please post pics of how you fed your wire into the trunk lid and also please take a pic of where you grounded it.
      This isn't your normal skyline. This motherfcker is the skyline God would drive if he wasn't busy doing God sh*t like making tsunamis and crap. Its set up to go fast, and go fast sideways. Who doesn't like to get sideway?! Terrorists, thats who. Are you a terrorist? No? Then you need this car.

Vehicles
      2004.5 VW GLi 1.8T
      04-25-2012 03:47 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by kt883 View Post
      I just bought a waywell 6050 headunit and installed it into my 2006 Jetta, and crimped the reverse wire and hooked up the video wire and ran it to the trunk. The part I am stuck on it how do I get that video/power wire into the trunk lid.

Do i just zip tie it to the trunk harness and cut a hole in the grommet and feed it into it, or is there another easier way?

Please post pics of how you fed your wire into the trunk lid and also please take a pic of where you grounded it.
      you follow the factory wiring up, hide it or loom it, secure it.
      12v Installation Services: Audio, Alarms/Remote Starts, OEM Integration, etc.
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      Pioneer, Kenwood, Hertz, Audison, Rockford Fosgate

Vehicles
      04-25-2012 11:36 PM #3
      Just wondering how to get through the trunk lid. The wire is too big to feed into the loom so i was thinking of just cutting a hole in the grommet and shoving the wire into it and zip tieing it to the cars loom.
      This isn't your normal skyline. This motherfcker is the skyline God would drive if he wasn't busy doing God sh*t like making tsunamis and crap. Its set up to go fast, and go fast sideways. Who doesn't like to get sideway?! Terrorists, thats who. Are you a terrorist? No? Then you need this car.

Vehicles
      2004.5 VW GLi 1.8T
      04-26-2012 12:48 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by kt883 View Post
      Just wondering how to get through the trunk lid. The wire is too big to feed into the loom so i was thinking of just cutting a hole in the grommet and shoving the wire into it and zip tieing it to the cars loom.
      That'll work. They also sell hole punches for rubber gromnets or u can use a razor and cut a small slit.
      12v Installation Services: Audio, Alarms/Remote Starts, OEM Integration, etc.
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      Pioneer, Kenwood, Hertz, Audison, Rockford Fosgate

Vehicles
      04-27-2012 12:01 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by NFrazier View Post
      That'll work. They also sell hole punches for rubber gromnets or u can use a razor and cut a small slit.
      screw it! I'm just gonna do that bc im sick of looking at "no signal" while i back up and noone seems to have this pic I am asking about.

Vehicles
      04-30-2012 01:19 AM #6
      it appears i was given the wrong camera for my car. It doesnt fit at all. the light housing does not have the bulb terminals built in like the stock license plate light does. Also its a real pain even if I did get the right one bc the trunk clips are hard to remove whitout breaking (so typical) the plate light has a metal housing inside that needs to be drilled to accomodate the wiring, wire was not long enough and i had to buy a rca joiner and 3ft extension. Everything is finished minus the actual mounting of the camera so hopefully waywell is kind enough to send me the proper one.

7. 05-17-2012 04:15 AM #7
      Follow the factory wiring up.
      M2, M3, Rolleiflex 3.5 B, Yashica Mat 124G, Nikon D90, Nikon F100, Nikon FM, Pentax K1000.. Advice and constructive criticism always welcome..
      digital hd video camera