Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Results 71 to 105 of 111

    Thread: TCL: what sports car THAT YOU CAN AFFORD would you buy new and never sell?

    1. 04-26-2012 12:32 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by wh1te09gti View Post
      e9x m3 coupe in white stick shift
      thank you.
      Well, I have had one for 9 months now and its nice....but keep it forever?

      I couldn't imagine, but to each their own.


    2. Member zaYG's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 28th, 2009
      Location
      Derry NH
      Posts
      3,413
      Vehicles
      glorified Volkswagen for middle class white women
      04-26-2012 12:41 PM #72
      Nothing. I can't afford anything new.

      flickr | Follow me on instagram: @ginger_reporter

    3. Member Avus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2000
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      8,962
      Vehicles
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      04-26-2012 12:42 PM #73
      None... I like car. I like to drive/own as many different one as possible in my life. Even now I have a S2000 and like it very very very much. But I am sure (hope) there will be a car in the future I will like it even more. It may be a GTR, future Corvette, S3000!! or even a Ferrari/Lambo if i am "doing it right". They are cars, not wife. I don't have to lock in one for the rest of the life.
      Windows Vista (32bit only)/7/8 "God Mode"
      - Create new folder on desktop
      - rename folder to the following:
      GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

    4. Member IgorRGTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2010
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      1,761
      Vehicles
      2015 Corvette Z51
      04-26-2012 12:45 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by Grey Mouser View Post
      If you can't justify it due to impacting your day to day lives, you cannot afford it. Same freakin thing.
      No it's not. I can't justify it because I don't want a car payment that's higher than a mortgage payment, to me that's just ludicrous. Doesn't mean I can't afford both with ease.

    5. 04-26-2012 12:49 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by IgorRGTI View Post
      No it's not. I can't justify it because I don't want a car payment that's higher than a mortgage payment, to me that's just ludicrous. Doesn't mean I can't afford both with ease.

      Sure buddy. I'll let it go since I don't want to bruise your ego.

    6. Member Cervical Bruiser's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2012
      Location
      Marietta
      Posts
      143
      Vehicles
      Huffy 10 Speed
      04-26-2012 12:51 PM #76
      Get an 07 S, update it to 2010 S 240 configuration

      Quote Originally Posted by ..Derek.. View Post
      FACT: All girls with Tinkerbell stickers on their cars or have Tinkerbell tattoo's are 300+lbs

    7. Member IgorRGTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2010
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      1,761
      Vehicles
      2015 Corvette Z51
      04-26-2012 12:53 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by Grey Mouser View Post
      Sure buddy. I'll let it go since I don't want to bruise your ego.
      What ego? I value my home more than my car it's pretty simple. Thus why would I pay more for a depreciating asset then an appreciating asset?

    8. Senior Member 6cylVWguy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2000
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      23,304
      Blog Entries
      4
      Vehicles
      '12 GT; '94 SLC
      04-26-2012 01:04 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by IgorRGTI View Post
      Thus why would I pay more for a depreciating asset then an appreciating asset?
      Because you can? Or at least so you claim.

    9. 04-26-2012 01:07 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      Because you can? Or at least so you claim.
      ding ding ding.

    10. Banned JacksSenseOfRejection's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 5th, 2006
      Location
      Brooklyn, NY
      Posts
      5,350
      Vehicles
      1986 Volvo 240
      04-26-2012 01:10 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by feels_road View Post
      That would also give me a SenseOfRejection. (I work in a field in which less-educated, less-qualified people in industry traditionally have made about twice as much - so I can relate).

      I was mostly joking

    11. Member warren_s's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 26th, 2009
      Location
      Taranna.
      Posts
      5,113
      Vehicles
      Oddie.
      04-26-2012 01:15 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by IgorRGTI View Post
      What ego? I value my home more than my car it's pretty simple. Thus why would I pay more for a depreciating asset then an appreciating asset?
      Because having fun is more important than having money?

    12. 04-26-2012 01:16 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by warren_s View Post
      Because having fun is more important than having money?
      Within reason, sure. I don't want to be 80 with tons of cash and look back and my life and think of how boring it was.

      I'd rather be 80 living comfortably telling tales of my youth that don't bore my kids/grandkids to tears. Maybe that's just me? That said, that doesn't mean piss away your income on everything you want. Be reasonable, people.

    13. Member Avus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2000
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      8,962
      Vehicles
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      04-26-2012 01:19 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by warren_s View Post
      Because having fun is more important than having money?
      I don't understand why a question like "TCL: what sports car THAT YOU CAN AFFORD would you buy new and never sell?" will bring up sh!t like "having house is more imporant than a car" or "having money is more important fun.."
      Windows Vista (32bit only)/7/8 "God Mode"
      - Create new folder on desktop
      - rename folder to the following:
      GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

    14. Member Cousin Eddie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2005
      Location
      Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      16,050
      Vehicles
      1972 Condor II Autocross Spec with Dan in the passenger seat
      04-26-2012 01:24 PM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by Avus View Post
      I don't understand why a question like "TCL: what sports car THAT YOU CAN AFFORD would you buy new and never sell?" will bring up sh!t like "having house is more imporant than a car" or "having money is more important fun.."
      Think about it. Just for a second. what car can you afford.

      Do you honestly think a bunch of car enthusiasts are able to afford the car they would love to keep for 40 years and just aren`t bothering.

      The O.P. didn`t tell us to buy the car we would keep with our net worth. The question itself just doesn`t make sense. Surely most people on this forum own the most car enthusiast oriented car they can afford (be it used or otherwise). Everyone else lives a regular life and dreams of one day owning their realistic dream car.

    15. Member Mike!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 17th, 2002
      Location
      Ontario & Ohio
      Posts
      13,718
      Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      04-26-2012 01:24 PM #85
      Sports car to buy new and keep forever would have to be a Porsche. But I'm not yet in a position to afford to buy a Boxster or Cayman new.

      Working on it

    16. Member greatfox's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 5th, 2005
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      8,051
      Vehicles
      '00 Boxster Wannabe
      04-26-2012 01:24 PM #86
      I bought my S2000 with 7,450 miles on it. It was about as close to new as I could find. I don't plan on selling it ever, it's too damn FUN!!!
      Quote Originally Posted by iamnotemo View Post
      ...I am jealous of your shift knob. That is a shape I love.
      Quote Originally Posted by elementpb View Post
      your mom sounds like my kind of lady. is she single and/or discrete?

    17. Member IgorRGTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2010
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      1,761
      Vehicles
      2015 Corvette Z51
      04-26-2012 01:28 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      Because you can? Or at least so you claim.
      Doesn't mean I have to buy one.

      Warren Buffet can buy 300,000 GT-Rs (assuming he's worth $30 billion, as he was last I looked) doesn't mean he has to.

      So what does it matter what I can or cannot afford, if you don't think I can then ignore the comment, it's pretty simple.

    18. Senior Member 6cylVWguy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2000
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      23,304
      Blog Entries
      4
      Vehicles
      '12 GT; '94 SLC
      04-26-2012 01:30 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by Avus View Post
      I don't understand why a question like "TCL: what sports car THAT YOU CAN AFFORD would you buy new and never sell?" will bring up sh!t like "having house is more imporant than a car" or "having money is more important fun.."
      Because it gives some people the opportunity to brag about how much money they have, while still being grounded and responsible--unlike everyone else in the thread.

      Not to mention many people around here get all jerked up when there's a thread that even hints about how someone spend's their money. All sorts of CL "ballers" and "millionaires" come out of the closet to lecture us on the virtues of buying beaters and looking down upon others who chose to spend some of their money on cars. Those people who spend money on cars that aren't beaters (assuming they're fairly young right now) simply won't have a dime to their name when they're 70.

      Or so I've observed in the CL.

    19. Member MrKevkevL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2009
      Location
      Montréal, QC -> Walnut, CA
      Posts
      1,787
      Vehicles
      MK4 R32
      04-26-2012 01:31 PM #89
      '07 Cayman
      Past: 1999.5 GTI

      Quote Originally Posted by Roketdriver View Post
      Toyota is kind of like the Black Eyed Peas. The majority of their product line is cars for people who don't like cars.

    20. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 28th, 2009
      Location
      Redwood City, CA
      Posts
      8,828
      Vehicles
      MkVII GTI, E9
      04-26-2012 01:44 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      Because it gives some people the opportunity to brag about how much money they have, while still being grounded and responsible--unlike everyone else in the thread.

      Not to mention many people around here get all jerked up when there's a thread that even hints about how someone spend's their money. All sorts of CL "ballers" and "millionaires" come out of the closet to lecture us on the virtues of buying beaters and looking down upon others who chose to spend some of their money on cars. Those people who spend money on cars that aren't beaters (assuming they're fairly young right now) simply won't have a dime to their name when they're 70.

      Or so I've observed in the CL.
      That's because they're money enthusiasts, and not car enthusiasts. If they truly were car enthusiasts, they own some interesting cars, and realize that their passion costs money, but it's justifiable to make their life most enjoyable.

      This is The Car Lounge, not The RothIRA Lounge, or the 401K Lounge, or The Buy a Vacation Home That is an Investment Property if it's Rented Out During Peak Vacation Season so I can Enjoy it Off Season for Almost Free Lounge.

      Many people on the internet just love to toot their own horns about money.

      Member- "I'm going to buy a new Honda Civic"

      TCL- "Lolz you can't afford that!"

      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      My 2800CS #FREEPATRIKMAN
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

    21. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2001
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      21,783
      04-26-2012 01:50 PM #91
      ITT - Definition of automotive enthusiast. Good read.

    22. Member Cousin Eddie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2005
      Location
      Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      16,050
      Vehicles
      1972 Condor II Autocross Spec with Dan in the passenger seat
      04-26-2012 01:51 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by Brendan@bwalkauto View Post
      That's because they're money enthusiasts, and not car enthusiasts. If they truly were car enthusiasts, they own some interesting cars, and realize that their passion costs money, but it's justifiable to make their life most enjoyable.

      This is The Car Lounge, not The RothIRA Lounge, or the 401K Lounge, or The Buy a Vacation Home That is an Investment Property if it's Rented Out During Peak Vacation Season so I can Enjoy it Off Season for Almost Free Lounge.

      Many people on the internet just love to toot their own horns about money.

      Member- "I'm going to buy a new Honda Civic"

      TCL- "Lolz you can't afford that!"

      Wha?

      I own interesting cars and I blow a good portion of my income on track days, tires, parts, modifications etc. That being said at the current time there isn't a single car that I could "afford" and hold onto for 40 years. I would love a Subaru WRX. Can't afford the monthly payment, can't afford the insurance and there's sure as hell no way I would sell my Datsun to buy it.

      I'm not questioning HOW anyone spends their money. That's their business. I'm saying the original question doesn't make any sense. If you're an enthusiast on these forums and you can afford a car that you'd love to keep for 40 years chances are you already own it. If you can afford it then why the hell wouldn't you own it? The hypothetical context of the question doesn't make any sense.

    23. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 28th, 2009
      Location
      Redwood City, CA
      Posts
      8,828
      Vehicles
      MkVII GTI, E9
      04-26-2012 02:03 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam144 View Post
      Wha?

      I own interesting cars and I blow a good portion of my income on track days, tires, parts, modifications etc. That being said at the current time there isn't a single car that I could "afford" and hold onto for 40 years. I would love a Subaru WRX. Can't afford the monthly payment, can't afford the insurance and there's sure as hell no way I would sell my Datsun to buy it.

      I'm not questioning HOW anyone spends their money. That's their business. I'm saying the original question doesn't make any sense. If you're an enthusiast on these forums and you can afford a car that you'd love to keep for 40 years chances are you already own it. If you can afford it then why the hell wouldn't you own it? The hypothetical context of the question doesn't make any sense.
      Your comments make sense Adam. For the most part, yes, if it is within reach, and if it doesn't cause a huge financial sacrifice (meaning you can truly afford it), then you'd end up owning it. I'm an outlier, as I'd prefer to invest my money elsewhere currently, but if I had the itch, I'd scratch it with the Evora I mentioned. S is out of my budget though, so NA car for me.

      My post was a general TFL rant, that was spawned by the back and forth of a few people across page two and three. It just seems that often times rather than indulging in a little fantasy and having fun, these threads devolve into who has the best financial advice, which is about as germane to the conversation as everyone stating they'll buy a used car.
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      My 2800CS #FREEPATRIKMAN
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

    24. 04-26-2012 02:15 PM #94
      whats the point - to make most profit? or just live with forever?

      i'd take a 991. stick it in a bubble and see what its worth in 50 years.

      if it's to live with forever then i'll have a lotus elise, seen as i'll have to replace the engine a couple times etc. yeah, it'll be fun as f**k getting in and out that when i'm 78

    25. Member Mike!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 17th, 2002
      Location
      Ontario & Ohio
      Posts
      13,718
      Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      04-26-2012 02:18 PM #95
      Good comments Adam and Brendan.

      I think the root of the TFL stuff is people's insecurities. If they don't have what is necessarily their dream car (I certainly don't, though it is a great car), they justify it by their sense of being fiscally responsible in not splurging on what they would otherwise want. It's natural, and there's nothing wrong with this. When it goes beyond personal justification to telling people they shouldn't "waste" money on _______ (insert car here), that's when it becomes an issue. But again, that's symptomatic of human nature to assume one's own way of doing things or being is the only proper way of doing things or being.

    26. Senior Member 6cylVWguy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2000
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      23,304
      Blog Entries
      4
      Vehicles
      '12 GT; '94 SLC
      04-26-2012 02:21 PM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by IgorRGTI View Post
      Warren Buffet can buy 300,000 GT-Rs (assuming he's worth $30 billion, as he was last I looked) doesn't mean he has to.
      Does he have even one GTR? Probably not. Why? Because he's not known as someone who's a car enthusiast. And yet, every weekend at the Cars and Coffee event there are at least a dozen people who show up with late model ferraris/porsche's/callaway Z06s/etc not only because they can afford it and because they can, but because they like cars. You seem to think you're some ballin' badass who could throw all sorts of money at anything he wanted, but only your principles and not your check book are keeping you away from that nice high end auto. Well, if you're actually a car enthusiast and could legitimately afford something pricey, you would. I just think you're either full of it or you're not really a car enthusiast.

      Quote Originally Posted by Brendan@bwalkauto View Post
      That's because they're money enthusiasts, and not car enthusiasts. If they truly were car enthusiasts, they own some interesting cars, and realize that their passion costs money, but it's justifiable to make their life most enjoyable.
      I totally agree!

    27. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 14th, 2003
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      1,999
      Vehicles
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991/2011 MINI S
      04-26-2012 02:30 PM #97
      I'm also in the camp of not keeping cars forever.
      My current TT-RS has thusfar been very pleasing, I could see keeping it for awhile....unless it morphs into an R8 which seem to keep appealing to me.
      I could also see a Lotus Evora as a keeper. They've already had some serious depreciation and aside from the stereotypical British quirks don't seem like they'd be that expensive to maintain in the long run.
      Damn, thinking R8 again....
      Houston, TX
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991

    28. Member IgorRGTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2010
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      1,761
      Vehicles
      2015 Corvette Z51
      04-26-2012 03:17 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      Does he have even one GTR? Probably not. Why? Because he's not known as someone who's a car enthusiast. And yet, every weekend at the Cars and Coffee event there are at least a dozen people who show up with late model ferraris/porsche's/callaway Z06s/etc not only because they can afford it and because they can, but because they like cars. You seem to think you're some ballin' badass who could throw all sorts of money at anything he wanted, but only your principles and not your check book are keeping you away from that nice high end auto. Well, if you're actually a car enthusiast and could legitimately afford something pricey, you would. I just think you're either full of it or you're not really a car enthusiast.

      I totally agree!
      Where did I even imply I'm a balling badass? The OP asked a question, and I proved my answer. I can be a car enthusiast and still be reasonable and responsible with my money to a degree of my choosing. I never said I would never own a GTR, just at the current time I'm not going to. I also never harped on anyone for their choices with their money, so I don't understand why you're getting on my case.

      The point is you can be a car enthusiast without spending a ton of money. I have my whole life to own all the cars I want, I don't have to buy them right now, as it's not a priority for me.

    29. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 15th, 2010
      Location
      Chesterfield, Indiana
      Posts
      759
      Vehicles
      2009 Caliber SRT4, 1989 Mazda B2200, 2010 RAV4
      04-26-2012 04:27 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      You seem to think you're some ballin' badass who could throw all sorts of money at anything he wanted, but only your principles and not your check book are keeping you away from that nice high end auto. Well, if you're actually a car enthusiast and could legitimately afford something pricey, you would. I just think you're either full of it or you're not really a car enthusiast.
      You wouldn't know this guy if he walked up to you on the street and picked your nose, but you think you know not only his financial situation, but also his motives.....and then have the nerve to insult him???

      Your theory is incorrect, and I'll give you an example why. Three months ago I had $15K at my disposal and could've bought any car I wanted with it. You know what I bought? A $4000 Mazda pickup.

      Why did I buy a 24-year old mini truck instead of a nice S2000 or Miata? Well, you have no idea why, but I had my reasons. I guess that means I not a "car enthusiast", never mind that I spend WAAAAY too much time on this forum not to be.

    30. Member IgorRGTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2010
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      1,761
      Vehicles
      2015 Corvette Z51
      04-26-2012 04:56 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
      You wouldn't know this guy if he walked up to you on the street and picked your nose, but you think you know not only his financial situation, but also his motives.....and then have the nerve to insult him???

      Your theory is incorrect, and I'll give you an example why. Three months ago I had $15K at my disposal and could've bought any car I wanted with it. You know what I bought? A $4000 Mazda pickup.

      Why did I buy a 24-year old mini truck instead of a nice S2000 or Miata? Well, you have no idea why, but I had my reasons. I guess that means I not a "car enthusiast", never mind that I spend WAAAAY too much time on this forum not to be.
      Stop it with the common sense, it's just not cool!!!!!!

    31. Member pwm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 26th, 2009
      Posts
      1,783
      Vehicles
      #fakerich Honda
      04-26-2012 05:12 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by IgorRGTI View Post
      Stop it with the common sense, it's just not cool!!!!!!
      Don't bother. He's the same guy who got up in my **** when I mentioned in another thread that I liked both a $1200 watch and a $4000 watch and that I couldn't decide which I'd opt for when I finally decided to pull the trigger. He couldn't wrap his head around it and proceeded to accuse me of lying and not being able to afford it.

      He poo-poos people who judge and make assumptions about the financial decisions/situations of others, and then proceeds to do the exact same thing.
      Last edited by pwm; 04-26-2012 at 05:27 PM.

    32. Member 01tj's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2005
      Location
      WV
      Posts
      4,641
      Vehicles
      12 Ecoboosted Flex, 11 6-speed quad cab Frontier, recently sold02 330i, 09 Flex, 01 Wrangler
      04-26-2012 05:20 PM #102
      Nothing that I can think of. For every reasonalby priced sports car that I can think of I can think of a better used car for the same price. And I have a hard time holding onto cars for very long

    33. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2007
      Location
      Central Ky
      Posts
      5,044
      Vehicles
      Dodge Dakota
      04-26-2012 07:25 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam144 View Post
      I'm not questioning HOW anyone spends their money. That's their business. If you're an enthusiast on these forums and you can afford a car that you'd love to keep for 40 years chances are you already own it. If you can afford it then why the hell wouldn't you own it? The hypothetical context of the question doesn't make any sense.
      For exactly the scenario you descibe. Let's say you're a car enthusiast and you've allotted a certain amount of your income to the hobby. This is disposable income - spending it won't affect any other area of your life. The kids will still be able to go to college, you won't lose the house. You and the Mrs will still be able to keep your daily drivers, and change them every few years.

      Now, there's a car you like, but it will absorb the entire car-hobby outlay of the budget for years. It means selling the E30 cab restoration you haven't touched in years anyway, no more track days in the spec Miata - to get this car, it will be the sole outlet for your car hobby until it's paid off, and probably a healthy chunk of it after.

      That's the nub of the question - is there a new car out there you'd be willing to put all your car hobby money into? Because it seems to me that's how you wind up with a 1-owner Shelby Cobra or Yenko Camaro - at some point, these car enthusiasts put it all on the line for that one car they thought was special. They put their money where there mouths were. Not in the hopes that they'd wind up with a classic worth millions, like Hank Williams did in the article, but that they'd have one car they always enjoyed no matter what other cars passed thru their lives.

      You can put it down, and TCL often does: everyone here will point out the used exotic you could have had, or how if you'd waited a year or two it'd have been cheaper. When did car enthusiast's dreams become so... shabby?

      The kicker is TCL loves those stories. People posted lots about that guy with the original owner 3.0CS that BMW filmed a while back. No doubt Hank Williams and his one owner Shelby Cobra is making the rounds on the car forums too. But where will the future one-owner classics come from if not TCL?
      "Motorcycles - the cigarettes of transportation." Seth Meyers

    34. Member Cousin Eddie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2005
      Location
      Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      16,050
      Vehicles
      1972 Condor II Autocross Spec with Dan in the passenger seat
      04-26-2012 08:14 PM #104
      Hank Williams came into what was a healthy amount of money at that time and a promising career. I don't think everyday blue collar TCL is quite on par for income.

      However, i appreciate your clarification on the question and I will give some hypothetical thought to what I would buy if I put all my car enthusiast loonies in one basket.

    35. Member rnp614's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2005
      Location
      New Orleans, LA
      Posts
      445
      04-27-2012 03:07 PM #105
      I have to say that my audi could very well be a car I keep forever. I just couldnt ever see it not being a useful fun car to have. Its a 2.0T 6MT titanium edition car with a stage 3 turbo kit providing the thrills. As a guy that will potentially soon be having kids, I'll need something that keeps me awake while driving and can still handle a car seat. Barring engine failure I dont know what would have me give this car up.

      The FUN fun cars will probably be leases

    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •