Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Putting my flamesuit on - Miller Lite "Punch top can" WTF?

Vehicles
      Honduh VTAK
      04-28-2012 09:06 PM #176
      Just thought I'd let all you adorable alcoholic beverage connoisseurs know that I'm drinking Bud Light Platinums tonight.
      Now go get your shinebox

Vehicles
      2007 Mini Cooper S, 2006 Mazda6 GT wagon, 2007 Mazda3 GT sedan
      04-28-2012 09:07 PM #177
      Quote Originally Posted by GimmieA40 View Post
      WRONG you are completely missing my point.

Real men(Since you choose that phrase) drink ALL beers and love it.

Snobs drink only craft beers and frown on light beers. Seems as though one who disagrees with them is obviously not competent enough to discuss beers.
      Not sure why that makes people snobs. Personally I enjoy most types of beers, but I usually buy imports or microbrews. To me, the incremental price increase is well worth it.

I do find it amusing though when people claim to love beer but drink only, say, Bud Light. Sorry, you don't love beer, you love that particular brand of beer.

3. 04-28-2012 09:26 PM #178
      Quote Originally Posted by Oliver@triplezoom View Post
      Not sure why that makes people snobs.

Pretty much because they get on the high horse and call the millers and buds piss water and are too good for it, hence snobby attitude, hence snobs. They don't have to like lighter beers I'm cool with that, but let us beer lovers enjoy a cheap beer. The entire purpose of this thread was to **** on miller for trying out a new can, rather than talk about beers like the other thread, which is sweet.

4. 04-28-2012 09:26 PM #179
      Quote Originally Posted by abeR View Post
      Who cares who likes what beer if they don't have huge boobs.. Really..?
      You are 100% correct. Cheers to you good sir.

Vehicles
      2013 Chevy Sonic Sedan 1.4T Manual
      04-28-2012 09:31 PM #180
      I don't particularly like cheap beer, since it tends to taste like watered down piss. Doesn't mean I won't drink it, particularly while out at a bar where pitchers of the cheap **** are under 5 bucks. I also really enjoy a lot of the higher end craft beers, but the cost of some of those makes me lol, and go back to pounding bud lights.
      Offikial Minister of Bad Judgements and Floridian Truths of the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan

Vehicles
      07 Rabbit
      04-28-2012 10:12 PM #181
      I just bought a 6 pack of Moose Drool for the same price as a 6 pack of Bud. Don't play the price card you cheap bastards.

Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fusion w/ 3 pedals, 2014 Ford Escape
      04-28-2012 10:56 PM #182
      Quote Originally Posted by leitmotif View Post
      I just bought a 6 pack of Moose Drool for the same price as a 6 pack of Bud. Don't play the price card you cheap bastards.
      On average around here, a 6-pack of a decent craft beer will cost you $3 more than a 6 of Bud/Miller/Coors, so in my experience you can play the price card. Having said that, I picked up a few 6-packs today... 1 Miller Lite, 1 Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen and then a mix-and-match 6-pack of some local stuff. I can get drunk with the snobs OR the bros.
      Quote Originally Posted by BarryV1
      Scene points are kind of like bitcoins... They really carry no value outside of the internet.

8. 04-28-2012 11:01 PM #183
      Quote Originally Posted by Señor Peligro View Post
      Just thought I'd let all you adorable alcoholic beverage connoisseurs know that I'm drinking Bud Light Platinums tonight.
      I enjoy Bud light platinum, I haven't had light beers in a long time but bud light platinum isn't bad at all. 6% alcohol, doesn't give me that full stomach feeling, not bad.
      Need detailing work done, PM me...located in central jersey!

Vehicles
      Honduh VTAK
      04-28-2012 11:06 PM #184
      Quote Originally Posted by 09vdubgti View Post
      I enjoy Bud light platinum, I haven't had light beers in a long time but bud light platinum isn't bad at all. 6% alcohol, doesn't give me that full stomach feeling, not bad.
      I dig it, been drinkin it a lot Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for a Dogfish or Stone or whatever
      Now go get your shinebox

Vehicles
      2007 Audi S6
      04-29-2012 08:23 AM #185
      Quote Originally Posted by sirswank View Post

to each their own. i'll take flavorful craft beer and you can have your watery piss.
      I will drink any beer, any time. That's how it's done, ladies.

Vehicles
      2007 Audi S6
      04-29-2012 08:25 AM #186
      Quote Originally Posted by GimmieA40 View Post
      WRONG you are completely missing my point.

Real men(Since you choose that phrase) drink ALL beers and love it.

Snobs drink only craft beers and frown on light beers. Seems as though one who disagrees with them is obviously not competent enough to discuss beers.

Vehicles
      2007 Audi S6
      04-29-2012 08:26 AM #187
      Top shelf. I've been meaning to try it!

Believe it or not, BL Lime is quite refreshing...bought some 8oz. cans a couple weeks ago.

Vehicles
      04 Toyota Tacoma/98 Subaru Legacy
      04-29-2012 08:46 AM #188
      Quote Originally Posted by seymore15074 View Post

Vehicles
      JB4 335xi, Prius
      04-29-2012 09:16 AM #189
      I can appreciate fine beers. I'm not a beer snob because I default to the cheapies. My question for the snobs is: given that most "snobby" beers are heavier than the light guys, what do you all do when you're just cracking one to watch TV, at a sporting event or somewhere where you know you're going to drink 2-3+? There's just something refreshing about cold, light beer. Not room temperature syrup.

While the economics of sporting event beer can be debated, lets say for a tailgate then. Do you really bust out the trappist ales for burgers and dogs?
      TCL pearl #452: You cannot name a car that would not be improved with a LSx engine.

335- 12.2@115

Vehicles
      (OoO)
      04-29-2012 09:22 AM #190
      Not all craft beer is heavy.

Vehicles
      07 Rabbit
      04-29-2012 09:46 AM #191
      Quote Originally Posted by Internal Combustion View Post
      I can appreciate fine beers. I'm not a beer snob because I default to the cheapies. My question for the snobs is: given that most "snobby" beers are heavier than the light guys, what do you all do when you're just cracking one to watch TV, at a sporting event or somewhere where you know you're going to drink 2-3+? There's just something refreshing about cold, light beer. Not room temperature syrup.

While the economics of sporting event beer can be debated, lets say for a tailgate then. Do you really bust out the trappist ales for burgers and dogs?
      A) I don't like sports
      B) Not all craft beer is 1000% ABV. Most of my favs are 4%-7%ABV. The one time I did go tailgating I had Big Sky Montana Trout Slayer wheat pale ale at 4.2%ABV, I also had Oskar Blues Mama's Little Yella Pils at 5%ABV.
      C) When I sit down to watch TV and crack a few beers, I'll go to any number of beers depending on how I feel. I may split a bomber of something special with my wife (she's a beer geek too). The other day I alternated between Saint Arnold Spring Bock and Santo and New Belgium Shift @ about 5%ABV.

I don't drink to get drunk. Have I before? Yes, but thats not what it is about for me and I'm getting older and my body can't take it anymore. A year or so ago I got trashed off a mini keg of Hopslam with some folks. It was not the intention, but there was 5 litres and 4 people drinking it. My glasswas never empty. Never again.

It gets hot in Texas and my friends and I like to hang out by the smoker making brisket and ribs all day. There are a ton of great local (and not local) heat friendly beers to enjoy that are not pee pee agua. I mean, ****, Saint Arnold has a beer called Lawnmower.

Vehicles
      (OoO)
      04-29-2012 11:07 AM #192
      The ultimate beer snob is someone who home brews.

For example, I'll soon be bottling a five gallon batch of a Belgian strong ale (7.7%) made with Duvel yeast, five malts, Belgian candy sugar, coriander, orange peel and three kinds of hops.

It's basically guaranteed to be better than any beer you've ever tasted or will ever hope to taste and it only cost me about $1 per 12oz to brew.

Vehicles
      2007 Audi S6
      04-29-2012 11:45 AM #193
      Quote Originally Posted by Der Schaltwerks View Post
      The ultimate beer snob is someone who home brews.

For example, I'll soon be bottling a five gallon batch of a Belgian strong ale (7.7%) made with Duvel yeast, five malts, Belgian candy sugar, coriander, orange peel and three kinds of hops.

It's basically guaranteed to be better than any beer you've ever tasted or will ever hope to taste and it only cost me about $1 per 12oz to brew.

There's nothing snobbish about brewing your own or enjoying "craft" beers. Snobbers turn their noses up when you offer them a Bud Light and exclaim something about "piss water." Those people aren't even beer drinkers IMO. They should just drink margaritas.

Vehicles
      2013 Focus - turbo edition
      04-29-2012 11:51 AM #194
      There's nothing snobbish about brewing your own or enjoying "craft" beers. Snobbers turn their noses up when you offer them a Bud Light and exclaim something about "piss water." Those people aren't even beer drinkers IMO. They should just drink margaritas.
      Sugary drink with actual hard liquor = manlier than bud light.
      Quote Originally Posted by feliks View Post
      I do not want to think what would have happened, if as a result of the vibrations, the resulting leaks in the fuel pool and the water came out of it ... Almost as a result of radiation inside the building and its three filling remains, you can not to re-seal it. ..

Therefore, even mild disturbances such methods may be used: diamond cut rope ..

Vehicles
      2007 Audi S6
      04-29-2012 11:53 AM #195
      Quote Originally Posted by sjt1985 View Post
      Sugary drink with actual hard liquor = manlier than bud light.
      Keep telling yourselves this.

Vehicles
      2013 Focus - turbo edition
      04-29-2012 11:56 AM #196
      Keep telling yourselves this.
      Tis true. I can't stand bud light by itself. It has to be bud light lime or have an actual lime in it. Or it has to be in a beer bong. Can't help how my taste buds are calibrated. Bud heavy is acceptable, however.
      Quote Originally Posted by feliks View Post
      I do not want to think what would have happened, if as a result of the vibrations, the resulting leaks in the fuel pool and the water came out of it ... Almost as a result of radiation inside the building and its three filling remains, you can not to re-seal it. ..

Therefore, even mild disturbances such methods may be used: diamond cut rope ..

22. Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Focus ST and lots of bicycles
      04-29-2012 03:27 PM #197
      I don't drink bud light. I don't avoid it because it is cheap or mainstream or isn't a craft beer, I avoid t because it seriously tastes awful. With how cheap it is, I wish I liked the flavor. But that **** is just gross.

If that makes me a beer snob, so be it.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 GTO, 1998 Saturn SC2
      04-29-2012 04:27 PM #198
      Lions head is about the same price, tastier,and each bottle comes with a fun riddle to solve. I'm sure most areas have lagers that are decent and cheap

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Focus ST and lots of bicycles
      04-29-2012 04:29 PM #199
      Quote Originally Posted by Techun View Post
      Lions head is about the same price, tastier,and each bottle comes with a fun riddle to solve. I'm sure most areas have lagers that are decent and cheap
      Aaaaaaaaaaand I'm now looking for this beer. Riddles and beer, you say?

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 GTO, 1998 Saturn SC2
      04-29-2012 04:32 PM #200
      Quote Originally Posted by GoRacers View Post
      Good luck, I doubt it distributes too far out of pa. Under the cap there is a picture riddle

Vehicles
      04 Toyota Tacoma/98 Subaru Legacy
      04-29-2012 04:43 PM #201
      Natty Boh does the same thing.

I miss the various sayings that came on Molson Canadian labels. I stopped seeing them about the same time I stopped drinking Molson Canadian a few years back.

Vehicles
      2007 Audi S6
      04-29-2012 11:35 PM #202
      Quote Originally Posted by GoRacers View Post

Vehicles
      '07 Jetta 2.0t
      04-30-2012 09:07 AM #203
      would anyone in this thread turn down a free beer? i hope not. i thought we were talking about what we'd pay for. if i'm not paying for it, i'll drinking whatever is put in front of me.

HOWEVER

i'm not spending my money on something i don't enjoy. considering i drink beer for the taste and not the effects, OEM shotgun cans. but the dude who rolls into the store craving a bud light lime and isn't broke, or an alcoholic?

if i'm drinking for the effect, i go straight to the hard stuff.
      Last edited by sirswank; 04-30-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Vehicles
      07 Rabbit
      04-30-2012 09:24 AM #204
      Chris Stack will ream me with his frat boy attitude for saying this but, yes, I would turn down a free beer (depending on the situation, obviously) if it was a type I didn't like or support. That said, I would not be rude about it or do it in a situation where it would be inappropriate.

I do have manners in person. For example, the other night at Hibachi I did not lecture or say anything to the guy across the table for ordering bud lights. I spoke up because he was on his cellphone speaking spanglish through the entire meal.

30. 04-30-2012 11:33 AM #205
      Quote Originally Posted by 09vdubgti View Post
      It also has fewer carbs if I'm not mistaken.
      Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
      I'm naming my next child NightTrain EX.
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW View Post
      You're a pretty cool dude.

Vehicles
      glorified Volkswagen for middle class white women
      04-30-2012 12:38 PM #206
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      Not sure if serious...

If you are, that's a pretty obnoxious statement. I'm no fan of In Bev, but they have managed to collect quite a few excellent breweries that have been making beer for centuries. In Bev isn't changing their recipes or making them use inferior ingredients - they're simply bringing a wider variety of beers to the masses. Now, if you're a hipster that might be a problem, but if you truly like beer this is a good thing.

Take a look at In Bev's portfolio an tell me how all of these beers are no good or some how not fit for your pallet.

http://www.ab-inbev.com/go/brands/br...bal_brands.cfm
      You know many people consciously give their money to smaller businesses instead of big corporations out of principle, correct?
      flickr | Follow me on instagram: @ginger_reporter

Vehicles
      Honduh VTAK
      04-30-2012 12:48 PM #207
      Quote Originally Posted by zaYG View Post
      You know many people consciously give their money to smaller businesses instead of big corporations out of principle, correct?
      They sure do, and then they still end up buying other big corporation products like it's nothing.
      Now go get your shinebox

Vehicles
      glorified Volkswagen for middle class white women
      04-30-2012 12:49 PM #208
      They sure do, and then they still end up buying other big corporation products like it's nothing.
      True.

I try to avoid buying AB/In-Bev beer when I get the opportunity. Doesn't mean I would never do it on occasion though...such as two nights ago.
      flickr | Follow me on instagram: @ginger_reporter

Vehicles
      Hondas, regular and extra-pricey
      04-30-2012 12:53 PM #209
      Quote Originally Posted by leitmotif View Post
      Chris Stack will ream me with his frat boy attitude for saying this but, yes, I would turn down a free beer (depending on the situation, obviously) if it was a type I didn't like or support. That said, I would not be rude about it or do it in a situation where it would be inappropriate.

I do have manners in person. For example, the other night at Hibachi I did not lecture or say anything to the guy across the table for ordering bud lights. I spoke up because he was on his cellphone speaking spanglish through the entire meal.
      Whatever twinkle toes. Right now I have a 24 of Yuengling, a couple Abitas, some Goose Island winter, a 6 of Stella, and a 6 of Fat Tire.

What do I mostly drink? Bourbon. But my vagina doesn't get all chapped if someone hands me a Bud Light.

Vehicles
      (OoO)
      04-30-2012 01:01 PM #210
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stack View Post
      But my vagina doesn't get all chapped if someone hands me a Bud Light.

Hopefully, that explains the bottle of lube you bring to frat parties.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast