Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 21 of 21

    Thread: Questions regarding the 2013 CC VR6 LUX (or any other applicable model)

    1. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2012
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      2013 CC VR6 LUX, 2015 S3 (Ordered)
      04-25-2012 08:21 PM #1
      I took delivery of my CC on the 10th, so I'm still in the process of breaking it in (can't wait to push it hard). Anyway, my questions are as follows:

      1) What is the actual spec (in terms of wattage) for the Premium VIII Sound System? I'm well aware of the 600-watt Dynaudio System on the Executive model since it's clearly stated, but nowhere on the mfgr site does it mention the actual specs other than that it has 8 speakers and supports HD radio.

      2) The RNS-510 should have 30GB of storage for music, yet I only see 18GB. Is this due to the Navi being HDD-based using 12gb of space?

      3) Does Sport Mode do anything else other than push the car to higher revs, like tightening steering/suspensino, etc?

      4) The convenience lighting option settings for coming home/leaving (it lets you choose the duration in 5/10s increments). Can someone please explain the aforementioned option settings in lehman's terms? I know one of them is to turn on the bi-xenon headlights as soon as you press the unlock button, but I feel that it'll wear out the bulbs quicker...

      5) Is there an update to the RNS-510 to make it snappier? Seems slow compared to the RNS-310 I demo'd during test drives (dealer had no info...sadly). Also, is there a way to set the navi to automatically change from day time to night time, as part of the auto headlight feature?

      Sorry for asking too many questions...I figured since VW Corporate and the Dealership couldn't help me out, I figured the forums was THE best bet. If it can't be answered here, then I guess I'm screwed. lol!

      Thanks in advance!! Oh, and I'm definitely proud to finally own a German vehicle. All past vehicles were Japanese.

    2. Member DasCC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2009
      Location
      West Coast
      Posts
      3,988
      Vehicles
      '13 2.0TSI | '14 1.8TSI
      04-25-2012 11:15 PM #2
      3) sport mode just changes the shift points. US spec CCs don't have DCC so you find a difference in suspension.



      Sent from my iDevice using Tapatalk

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 27th, 2009
      Location
      50 Miles South of Tucson AZ
      Posts
      2,246
      Vehicles
      2013 CC and 2009 Eos
      04-26-2012 01:02 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by the_runner213 View Post
      I took delivery of my CC on the 10th, so I'm still in the process of breaking it in (can't wait to push it hard). Anyway, my questions are as follows:


      4) The convenience lighting option settings for coming home/leaving (it lets you choose the duration in 5/10s increments). Can someone please explain the aforementioned option settings in lehman's terms? I know one of them is to turn on the bi-xenon headlights as soon as you press the unlock button, but I feel that it'll wear out the bulbs quicker...

      5) Is there an update to the RNS-510 to make it snappier? Seems slow compared to the RNS-310 I demo'd during test drives (dealer had no info...sadly). Also, is there a way to set the navi to automatically change from day time to night time, as part of the auto headlight feature?
      As you probably know, the coming home feature leaves the lights on longer so that you will have a chance to get into the house, or whatever, before the lights go off. The leaving home will keep your lights on longer before you get into your car to leave.

      Neither option will cause your headlights to burn out quicker unless you are counting the minutes, which really isn't relevant in the long run.

      Congrats on your new car. Don't be too anxious to push it hard. It just wastes a lot of gas.
      13 CC Sport Plus/K@N Air Filter/Complete LED Interior Lighting/18" Interlagos/Cooper tires/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/Chrome Mirrors & Door Handles.
      09 Eos/Tech Package/RNS510/K&N Filter/Silver & Black Leather Seats/Sherwood Dash Kit/LED Interior Lighting/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/Under Seat Drawer/R-Line Flat Bottom MFSW/Volk-L Bluetooth/Dash Cubby/BackUp Cam

    4. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2012
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      2013 CC VR6 LUX, 2015 S3 (Ordered)
      04-26-2012 02:44 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by DavidPaul View Post
      As you probably know, the coming home feature leaves the lights on longer so that you will have a chance to get into the house, or whatever, before the lights go off. The leaving home will keep your lights on longer before you get into your car to leave.

      Neither option will cause your headlights to burn out quicker unless you are counting the minutes, which really isn't relevant in the long run.

      Congrats on your new car. Don't be too anxious to push it hard. It just wastes a lot of gas.
      Thank you!!!

      So, nothing on the RNS-510? It just seems slow given this day and age...

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 14th, 2012
      Posts
      135
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC Sport, 2004 VW Golf
      04-26-2012 08:17 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by the_runner213 View Post
      Thank you!!!

      So, nothing on the RNS-510? It just seems slow given this day and age...
      I just installed a RNS-510 that has a manufactures date of 2/12 and I feel your pain on the slow part. It seems to be getting quicker (or I just don't notice it any more) the more I use it. I don't know if it needed to build up its cache (or if it even has one) or what.

      In addition I thought the newer RNS-510 had 40GB hard drives. Mine is showing:
      Capacity: 18.62
      Free: 18.62
      Used: 0

      Edit: I just found out the E/F models do have a 40GB hard drive however this is how it’s partitioned.

      Maps 10GB’s

      Personal POI 10GB’s

      Music 20GB’s
      Last edited by bp328i; 04-26-2012 at 08:52 AM.

    6. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2012
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      2013 CC VR6 LUX, 2015 S3 (Ordered)
      04-26-2012 11:19 AM #6
      I heard there is an update out for the RNS-510 from the Passat forum here. You should check with a dealer to see if they can upgrade it for you. I'm doing mine when I take my car in for the courtesy 45-day follow-up inspection. I think the new firmware is xx90. I'll have to check mine later today.

      I heard to check it, you have to press and hold the setup button for about 20sec.

    7. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2012
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      2013 CC VR6 LUX, 2015 S3 (Ordered)
      04-28-2012 12:05 PM #7
      So no one knows the actual specs for the Premium VIII Sound System? Hasn't it been the same since the 2009 launch?

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2nd, 2011
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      626
      Vehicles
      2008.5 Passat VR6 4Motion/Sport Sedan
      04-28-2012 03:23 PM #8

    9. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2012
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      2013 CC VR6 LUX, 2015 S3 (Ordered)
      04-30-2012 11:24 AM #9
      But that's only the head unit specs, right? 80w couldn't be the full system spec. ha!

      The premium VIII has nice clarity when it comes to highs, and maybe mids, but the lows could be a little better (bass could be stronger).

      I'm just trying to find out the full system specs for the sound system.

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2011
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      315
      Vehicles
      2013 Volkswagen CC
      04-30-2012 11:48 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by the_runner213 View Post
      But that's only the head unit specs, right? 80w couldn't be the full system spec. ha!

      The premium VIII has nice clarity when it comes to highs, and maybe mids, but the lows could be a little better (bass could be stronger).

      I'm just trying to find out the full system specs for the sound system.
      Nope that's the full system specs. Max output per channel is 20 watts. Though I agree, it does sound better than most stock systems and even some premium systems in other cars.

    11. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2012
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      2013 CC VR6 LUX, 2015 S3 (Ordered)
      05-01-2012 11:52 AM #11
      The dealership told me it was around 300+ watts... hmm....

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2011
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      315
      Vehicles
      2013 Volkswagen CC
      05-01-2012 01:44 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by the_runner213 View Post
      The dealership told me it was around 300+ watts... hmm....
      Your dealer is retarded. The 300 watt VW sound system is only available in Europe. The 600 watt Dynaudio sound system is only available on the 4 Motion.

      If there is no amplifier under your driver seat, then it is 80 watts. TRUST ME.

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 27th, 2009
      Location
      50 Miles South of Tucson AZ
      Posts
      2,246
      Vehicles
      2013 CC and 2009 Eos
      05-01-2012 11:13 PM #13
      Get it?

      You must do your research before entering a dealership because the people on the floor are looking for commission, not friendship. Regardless of what you think, buyer beware.

      My sales rep is a business associate of mine, not a friend. He treats me with respect because he knows that I do my homework.

      Know the car and all the accessories available before entering a sales floor. Don't be a victim.

      Years ago, information that we have on our desks was not available. You can now glean more information on a particular subject in one hour than you could in 2 weeks just a few years ago.

      Technology, use or lose.
      13 CC Sport Plus/K@N Air Filter/Complete LED Interior Lighting/18" Interlagos/Cooper tires/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/Chrome Mirrors & Door Handles.
      09 Eos/Tech Package/RNS510/K&N Filter/Silver & Black Leather Seats/Sherwood Dash Kit/LED Interior Lighting/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/Under Seat Drawer/R-Line Flat Bottom MFSW/Volk-L Bluetooth/Dash Cubby/BackUp Cam

    14. Member
      Join Date
      May 1st, 2012
      Location
      Kansas city
      Posts
      419
      Vehicles
      2009 VR6 4 Motion LBM - 2000 Audi S4 Sponsored
      05-19-2012 11:43 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by jbcc View Post
      Your dealer is retarded. The 300 watt VW sound system is only available in Europe. The 600 watt Dynaudio sound system is only available on the 4 Motion.

      If there is no amplifier under your driver seat, then it is 80 watts. TRUST ME.
      DynAudio was in fact an option that could be installed on the 2.0 prior to 2013. I don't know if that is still available on 2013 not that it matters in this case. I found a couple 2009 2.0's that had the dynaudio system. That system from what I understand is quite remarkable. I'll have my 09 Vr6 next week and am looking forward to that. Did I read that the flash for the RNS510 would makes things a little faster and unlock more storage on the 09's as well?

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 27th, 2009
      Location
      50 Miles South of Tucson AZ
      Posts
      2,246
      Vehicles
      2013 CC and 2009 Eos
      05-19-2012 04:15 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by baddceo View Post
      DynAudio was in fact an option that could be installed on the 2.0 prior to 2013. I don't know if that is still available on 2013 not that it matters in this case. I found a couple 2009 2.0's that had the dynaudio system. That system from what I understand is quite remarkable. I'll have my 09 Vr6 next week and am looking forward to that. Did I read that the flash for the RNS510 would makes things a little faster and unlock more storage on the 09's as well?
      I have a 2009, VR6, Sport.

      It came standard equipment with the DynaAudio system and I have the amp under the seat. You are going to love the sound.

      Your RNS510 will not have more HD storage with a Firmware upgrade. In fact, you may not find it to be very slow either.

      When I upgraded my Firmware to version 1140, I got the added benefit of changing colors of the radio via VAGcom and it added speed limits to my roads.

      There was no appreciable change in the start up time, but then, I didn't have a problem with it before the firmware upgrade.

      If you have further questions regarding your RNS510, go to this thread, read through it and ask any questions you need answered. There is a gentleman named Seki who frequents it once in a while and is very knowledgeable. There are other knowledgeable people on it also.

      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...te-for-RNS-510

      Enjoy your car and post pics and other info when you get it.
      Last edited by DavidPaul; 05-19-2012 at 04:18 PM.
      13 CC Sport Plus/K@N Air Filter/Complete LED Interior Lighting/18" Interlagos/Cooper tires/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/Chrome Mirrors & Door Handles.
      09 Eos/Tech Package/RNS510/K&N Filter/Silver & Black Leather Seats/Sherwood Dash Kit/LED Interior Lighting/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/Under Seat Drawer/R-Line Flat Bottom MFSW/Volk-L Bluetooth/Dash Cubby/BackUp Cam

    16. Member
      Join Date
      May 1st, 2012
      Location
      Kansas city
      Posts
      419
      Vehicles
      2009 VR6 4 Motion LBM - 2000 Audi S4 Sponsored
      05-19-2012 06:39 PM #16
      I like that speed to roads option. This will be one of the first changes I make along with changing the shift selector to the 2012 knob.

    17. 05-20-2012 06:41 AM #17
      Maybe if you are optimistic, it is 4x50watts, so 200 watts.
      But hey, it is really only someting like 60wRMS all together.

    18. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2012
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      2013 CC VR6 LUX, 2015 S3 (Ordered)
      05-21-2012 03:27 PM #18
      Are you guys saying that the sound system can be upgraded to the 600w dynaudio sound system? Hmmm...maybe I should call them.

    19. Member
      Join Date
      May 1st, 2012
      Location
      Kansas city
      Posts
      419
      Vehicles
      2009 VR6 4 Motion LBM - 2000 Audi S4 Sponsored
      05-21-2012 05:50 PM #19
      I don't know if it's that easy because it includes 10 speakers which I believe adds a center channel in the dash? I'd say if you are going to spend the money you could just go aftermarket amp and speakers.

    20. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2012
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      2013 CC VR6 LUX, 2015 S3 (Ordered)
      05-22-2012 03:40 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by baddceo View Post
      I don't know if it's that easy because it includes 10 speakers which I believe adds a center channel in the dash? I'd say if you are going to spend the money you could just go aftermarket amp and speakers.
      What's weird is that my car has what appears to be a speaker in the center dash (front surface area). No sound is emitted from it when I'm playing music, but it looks like a large speaker imo... I can take a photo of it and post it later. My brother has the '12 sport cc, and his doesn't have it. hmm.... maybe mine is prewired for it?? I'll look at the manual when I get a chance.

    21. 05-22-2012 07:26 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by the_runner213 View Post
      What's weird is that my car has what appears to be a speaker in the center dash (front surface area). No sound is emitted from it when I'm playing music, but it looks like a large speaker imo... I can take a photo of it and post it later. My brother has the '12 sport cc, and his doesn't have it. hmm.... maybe mine is prewired for it?? I'll look at the manual when I get a chance.
      I've done a retrofit of Dynaudio to my CC

      The stock is 80w powered by head unit. 8 Speakers branded VW sourced from 3 different countries. There you have 2x6", 2x5", 1 tweeter on each door.

      On Dynaudio you have 2x7" 2x6", 1 tweeter on each door, and 2x3" mid in front door, where in Premium VIII there's just an empty space. Each woofer is capable of 120 watts on Dyna, huge difference.

      Hope it helps.
      Last edited by gordonyz; 05-22-2012 at 07:29 PM.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •