VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

BeAr MounTain!!

9K views 141 replies 24 participants last post by  jerd 
#1 · (Edited)
CT CRUZ JUNE 30th

My vote is for June 30th (Since there is an Aston Martin track day), we meet up first at Dunkin Donuts in Danbury at 9am right around the Rt 7 and SR37 area. Grab a coffee and head north on SR 37. Next stop would be to New Milford around 10am ish ( Dunkin Donuts/etc ), cruise up route 7, stop at Kent Falls for a breather/quick dip...its a neat place (11ish), continue on to Lime Rock and watch the Rich folk play (This should be free if I'm not mistaken, since its not an official event.....maybe an impromptu pot luck lunch ), leave Lime rock around 2 for the next leg of the trip, make a stop at Enders Falls (Good spot for a cool dip in the summer and for some cliff jumping ), then a quick jaunt to the end of our trip.....basically to Bradley (Airport) At this point we can loop back towards Rt8/I95 depending on where your from. I generated this route based on my own experiences and those from some motorcycle forums. I know everyone will be coming from various areas and that this will be ALOT of driving (90mi just as a group, not accounting travel to and from) , but hey, thats what we're after, right? Feel free to post your input as this is still early on in the planning process...

:thumbup:

Saturday JUNE 30th

9am Meet
Dunkin Donuts
1618 Hayestown Avenue,
Danbury, CT

10am Meet
Dunkin Donuts (Depart 10:15am)
12 Danbury Road, New Milford, CT
20mi, 30min drive to Kent

Kent Falls (Arrive 11am, Depart 11:30)
462 Kent Cornwall Road
Kent, CT 06757
15mi, 20min drive to LimeRock

Lime Rock Park (Arrive around 12pm, Depart 1:30ish)
(Aston Martin Club event will be running all day and open to the public at no charge:thumbup:)
60 White Hollow Road
Lakeville, CT 06039

And then we continue on for 50mi, (1hour 15min drive to Enders)
(We'll be ready to tear **** up after being at LimeRock!:laugh:)

Check out the MAP:)

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...;t=m&z=9&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13364860050321

1) Jerd
2) Cspence
3) Onedubdub
4) Vrptstyly
5) Speedbump2
6) Jayspec21
7) ens0
9) cnSR32
10) DspRado
11) JDmJTI
12) Rconn14

See less See more
#2 ·
I went once a few years back...it was okay, but the road conditions sucked (at the time), there is usually a good amount of traffic on them since its a park, and the roads are heavily patrolled....Tail of the Dragon it is not....

My vote would be a cruise on a Sunday afternoon up rt 7 and a pit stop by Lime Rock (No racing on Sundays, but they usually have the park open to the public)....awsome roads out that way, not too much traffic, and far enough out that there should not be many encounters with the local law enforcement....plenty of other roads out there though, lets get something going!

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20080710/free/430934359

#20 · (Edited)
Early in the morning too. If you're on those roads after 10am, the place is full of bicycles, hikers, and people taking leisurely cruises through the park.

But advance scouting to plot a route is a must. A couple of the roads are pretty beat-up, and the State just doesn't have the money to fix them as quickly as we would like.:)

--Chuck--

Edit: P.S. - You're better off going to the White Hollow Road entrance to Lime Rock Park. The Lime Rock Road entrance is just for the business office, not the track.

#17 ·
Being from that general area in CT I know rt 7 well. its really nice up there, but the north east version of the dragon is the kangamangus highway in NH. that road will blow your mind:eek:. Either way i want in. but i suggest you look that road up. I just got my .:R and want to put it through it paces. :thumbup:

#47 · (Edited)
Here's my take.....My vote is for June 30th (Since there is an Aston Martin track day), we meet up in New Milford at the Advanced Auto there around 9 (Or Dunkin Donuts :laugh:), cruise up route 7, stop at Kent Falls for a breather/quick dip...its a neat place (10ish), continue on to Lime Rock and watch the Rich folk play (This should be free if I'm not mistaken, since its not an official event.....maybe an impromptu pot luck lunch :thumbup:), leave Lime rock around 1 for the next leg of the trip, make a stop at Enders Falls (Good spot for a cool dip in the summer and for some cliff jumping :eek::screwy::cool:), then a quick jaunt to the end of our trip.....basically to Bradley (Airport). I generated this route based on my own experiences and those from some motorcycle forums. I know everyone will be coming from various areas and that this will be ALOT of driving (90mi just as a group, not accounting travel to and from) , but hey, thats what we're after, right?!

View Larger Map

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.