VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Engine Sound w/vid link

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Tutti57 
#1 ·
I know that the injectors make a clicking/tapping noise but am I imagining the lower pitch sound here? It doesn't seem so loud all of the time but I'm sensitive and paranoid.

I have an intake too.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=covelz2Up_Q

#2 ·
Just so you know, that video was taken near the front passenger side wheel.

#3 ·
Bump-a-roo.

#4 ·
Hey, its my first post on here, but you need some extended footage, 13 sec of I can't tell you what the hell it is isn't helping you. Longer video, less moving around, more description of the sound you are looking for.

Used to be a mechanic 10+ years ago and it sounds like when ppl used to tell me that their car was making this noise or that or doing this or that but it was really no description at all.

Run the vid for a few min to let ppl distinguish the sound from the normal deisal sound.

#7 ·
That's what I was thinking too. Maybe the dp flange is in its way out. Is there ever any warning with that or does it just bust and get loud?

#8 ·
Bringing this guy back from the dead.

Looks like it wasn't an exhaust leak since I replaced the turbo and the sound didn't go away after I bolted everything back up.

Someone else posted a clip with this sound recently too but I don't know if it was ever diagnosed.

I'm making a list of parts to replace this spring and am thinking it could be the cam chain tensioner. Should I add that to the list?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.