Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Results 106 to 140 of 377

    Thread: san antonio meets

    1. Member jermdiggy77's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 8th, 2007
      Location
      San Antonio
      Posts
      3,310
      Vehicles
      e90
      07-14-2012 04:40 PM #106
      anything going on tonight?
      {}__{}

    2. 07-14-2012 04:50 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by jermdiggy77 View Post
      anything going on tonight?
      not that i know of other then the salt lick bbq cruise.... but im not up for drivin out there....im lookin for something to do though....i live off 151 and military right by warren h.s. would ne one be interested in doing something??

    3. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 27th, 2012
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      04 VW GTI 24V
      07-14-2012 05:12 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by DT EXP View Post
      good meeting you man!
      good meeting you too man
      Quote Originally Posted by TexasBulldog View Post
      I couldn't make it. Woke up sick and really hurting and its just starting to get better.

      I look forward to making the next one. Hopefully we can get these sites on the same page and meet up at 1 place.
      hey it's alright hope you feel better, and i hope so too sounds like strictlyea is a good group of guys that wouldnt mind us coming along

      Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Brown View Post
      Kids stayed up all night at the church lock in so they were sleeping hopefully I can get to a GTG soon . Got my timing /water pump pparts in today so I should be getting the scirocco done soon until the turbo build.
      It's alright man, it would be nice to see that scirocco on the road
      Quote Originally Posted by 210thumper View Post
      not that i know of other then the salt lick bbq cruise.... but im not up for drivin out there....im lookin for something to do though....i live off 151 and military right by warren h.s. would ne one be interested in doing something??
      ya im in what do you have in mind?

    4. 07-14-2012 05:29 PM #109
      idk lol

    5. 07-14-2012 05:37 PM #110
      whatever we choose gotta go wash the car first...its dirty

    6. Member DT EXP's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2007
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      1,402
      Vehicles
      09 TiG 6MT, 1990 Cabriolet, and Treg 2 v8
      07-14-2012 06:48 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by 210thumper View Post
      whatever we choose gotta go wash the car first...its dirty
      Rainy here sir.. no point in a car wash!

    7. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 27th, 2012
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      04 VW GTI 24V
      07-14-2012 06:56 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by 210thumper View Post
      whatever we choose gotta go wash the car first...its dirty
      come drink some brewskis? (if your 21)

    8. Member jermdiggy77's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 8th, 2007
      Location
      San Antonio
      Posts
      3,310
      Vehicles
      e90
      07-14-2012 07:12 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by ME24V View Post
      come drink some brewskis? (if your 21)
      I'm down to drink. How old is everyone here?

      <---25
      {}__{}

    9. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 27th, 2012
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      04 VW GTI 24V
      07-14-2012 07:23 PM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by jermdiggy77 View Post
      I'm down to drink. How old is everyone here?

      <---25
      I'm 21 im down to drink pm me for my number lets do something!

    10. Member DT EXP's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2007
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      1,402
      Vehicles
      09 TiG 6MT, 1990 Cabriolet, and Treg 2 v8
      07-14-2012 08:23 PM #115
      maybe able to make it if its going to be late... Family time now..

    11. Member jermdiggy77's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 8th, 2007
      Location
      San Antonio
      Posts
      3,310
      Vehicles
      e90
      07-14-2012 08:43 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by DT EXP View Post
      maybe able to make it if its going to be late... Family time now..
      Every Saturday is a late one! Inbox me your number
      {}__{}

    12. Member TexasBulldog's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2nd, 2012
      Location
      Satan's Armpit, Texas
      Posts
      127
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle 2.0 Turbo
      07-15-2012 02:23 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by jermdiggy77 View Post
      I'm down to drink. How old is everyone here?

      <---25
      29 here.

      JOe

    13. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 27th, 2012
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      04 VW GTI 24V
      07-16-2012 02:12 PM #118
      whats everyone got going on this weekend? i was thinking meet up somewhere and cruise to freetails get some beer and good food

    14. 07-16-2012 03:02 PM #119
      I'm probably the oldest in the group . I'm 38 hopefully I can break away this weekend the wife is back home .

    15. Member DT EXP's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2007
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      1,402
      Vehicles
      09 TiG 6MT, 1990 Cabriolet, and Treg 2 v8
      07-16-2012 04:27 PM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by ME24V View Post
      whats everyone got going on this weekend? i was thinking meet up somewhere and cruise to freetails get some beer and good food
      Just not the green beer....

    16. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 27th, 2012
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      04 VW GTI 24V
      07-16-2012 08:31 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by DT EXP View Post
      Just not the green beer....
      yea no way am i drinking herbal essences tasting beer again

    17. Member AustinChappell's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 12th, 2012
      Location
      MN
      Posts
      303
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC 2.0T
      07-18-2012 12:18 AM #122
      Hey everyone. Im pretty new to the water cooled scene. Ive owned my 2012 CC for a little over a year now. Before my CC i owned nothing but air cooled bugs. What GTG's are going on and shows? I need to meet some new ppl.

      How my CC sits in the driveway right now.


      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

    18. 07-18-2012 12:45 AM #123
      Thats a really nice car ! Welcome to VW group here in San Antone . I myself have yet to meet all of them but I did get a chance to meet a guy and help him with his coil overs last weekend. They GTG all the time and check out the strictlyeuro forum as well .

    19. Member jermdiggy77's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 8th, 2007
      Location
      San Antonio
      Posts
      3,310
      Vehicles
      e90
      07-18-2012 01:06 AM #124
      Lets set up a meet for this weekend. Who's in?
      {}__{}

    20. Member AustinChappell's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 12th, 2012
      Location
      MN
      Posts
      303
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC 2.0T
      07-18-2012 09:38 AM #125
      Ill be available Saturday and Sunday.

      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

    21. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 27th, 2012
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      04 VW GTI 24V
      07-18-2012 10:38 AM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by jermdiggy77 View Post
      Lets set up a meet for this weekend. Who's in?
      Count me in! wouldnt mind some more beer pong at the pool.

      hey wes, what are the odds we could build something like this

    22. Member jermdiggy77's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 8th, 2007
      Location
      San Antonio
      Posts
      3,310
      Vehicles
      e90
      07-18-2012 10:41 AM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by ME24V View Post
      Count me in! wouldnt mind some more beer pong at the pool.

      hey wes, what are the odds we could build something like this
      You should've stayed. We ended up getting some good games of flip cup in. Def a few cute chicks too
      {}__{}

    23. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 27th, 2012
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      04 VW GTI 24V
      07-18-2012 10:45 AM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by jermdiggy77 View Post
      You should've stayed. We ended up getting some good games of flip cup in. Def a few cute chicks too
      college bishes love beer pong, and flip cup

    24. Member DT EXP's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2007
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      1,402
      Vehicles
      09 TiG 6MT, 1990 Cabriolet, and Treg 2 v8
      07-18-2012 11:37 AM #129
      Oh you young kids with your rock'n roll eight track players..

    25. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 27th, 2012
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      04 VW GTI 24V
      07-18-2012 08:52 PM #130
      so the striclyea forum is having a mod day on 28 of july, im going as long as work doesn't interfere ya'll should get on there forum and check it out

    26. Member SooprmanX's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 11th, 2003
      Location
      San Antonio, Texas
      Posts
      2,983
      07-18-2012 09:04 PM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by ME24V View Post
      so the striclyea forum is having a mod day on 28 of july, im going as long as work doesn't interfere ya'll should get on there forum and check it out

    27. Member DT EXP's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2007
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      1,402
      Vehicles
      09 TiG 6MT, 1990 Cabriolet, and Treg 2 v8
      07-18-2012 09:49 PM #132
      Mod/Detail Day 7-28-2012!!!
      Same ole same ole fun!!!

      Where: See http://www.strictlyea.com
      Date: 7-28-2012
      Time: 9:30am til about 2:30 pm
      What to bring: Miscellaneous tools and car wash stuff. I have a lot of stuff but it's always best to bring your own tools.

      It's usually a good amount of fun. We will probably throw in some cash to a pot and get some pizza around lunch time for those that are interested. We'll play it by ear though....

    28. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 27th, 2012
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      04 VW GTI 24V
      07-20-2012 09:01 AM #133
      soo what's the plan for this weekend?

    29. Member DT EXP's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2007
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      1,402
      Vehicles
      09 TiG 6MT, 1990 Cabriolet, and Treg 2 v8
      07-20-2012 12:46 PM #134
      If not hung over I will be doing the audio upgrades on the Cabriolet...

    30. Member jermdiggy77's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 8th, 2007
      Location
      San Antonio
      Posts
      3,310
      Vehicles
      e90
      07-20-2012 03:27 PM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by ME24V View Post
      soo what's the plan for this weekend?
      idk, we gotta do something tho

      possibly:
      http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/so...exas-biff.html

      but i kinda wanna chill and drink
      {}__{}

    31. 07-20-2012 08:10 PM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by ME24V View Post
      Count me in! wouldnt mind some more beer pong at the pool.

      hey wes, what are the odds we could build something like this
      It's nothing to hard at all . You just need to buy the tubing per spec for racing so we wont waste good labor in the future . Im only missing the tubing notcher and one could be had for 180.00.
      I have the welder (MIG) and we would have to fill the tube with sand and wet it down pack it for true mandrel bends . We can try to make this a bolt in for the rear tubes going to the rear strut tower . It would be just as much work as trying to weld the cage in the car . I can make a template with card board to make the main hoop and then when you had time we could work on getting it installed . Plus once I have the jig I can sell more of the cages And I need more money for my project !

    32. 07-20-2012 08:15 PM #137
      I'm hoping to come and hang out this Saturday night . I only have my Saleen until I finish my Scirocco . You guys will just have to pretend it's a Mercedes .

    33. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 27th, 2012
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      04 VW GTI 24V
      07-20-2012 11:43 PM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Brown View Post
      It's nothing to hard at all . You just need to buy the tubing per spec for racing so we wont waste good labor in the future . Im only missing the tubing notcher and one could be had for 180.00.
      I have the welder (MIG) and we would have to fill the tube with sand and wet it down pack it for true mandrel bends . We can try to make this a bolt in for the rear tubes going to the rear strut tower . It would be just as much work as trying to weld the cage in the car . I can make a template with card board to make the main hoop and then when you had time we could work on getting it installed . Plus once I have the jig I can sell more of the cages And I need more money for my project !
      It would be pretty sweet man, And ya I bet you could sell a butt load of those on the vortex

      Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Brown View Post
      I'm hoping to come and hang out this Saturday night . I only have my Saleen until I finish my Scirocco . You guys will just have to pretend it's a Mercedes .
      haha sounds good not exactly sure whats going on but im sure we will iron something out last minute

    34. 07-21-2012 12:17 AM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by ME24V View Post
      It would be pretty sweet man, And ya I bet you could sell a butt load of those on the vortex


      haha sounds good not exactly sure whats going on but im sure we will iron something out last minute
      Well if you find a tubing notcher Lets get started ! I have the bender and the welder ...

    35. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 27th, 2012
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      30
      Vehicles
      04 VW GTI 24V
      07-21-2012 01:00 AM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Brown View Post
      Well if you find a tubing notcher Lets get started ! I have the bender and the welder ...
      where would i be able to find a tubing notcher?

    Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •