Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: First Cabrio - hood questions

1. 04-25-2012 10:47 PM #1
      I have a 2001 cabrio and i am in need of a hood, radiator core, and radiator. My question is what models are interchangeable. i know previously golf parts were the same.

Vehicles
      01 Cabrio, 71 Volvo
      04-25-2012 10:50 PM #2
      hood would be mk4 golf or gti everything else would be mk3

3. 04-25-2012 11:00 PM #3
      Awesome thank you. I got the mk4 golf hood. i went wrong with the rad support and radiator. Looks like im exchanging tomorrow. Thanks again

Vehicles
      01 Cabrio, 71 Volvo
      04-26-2012 10:05 PM #4

Vehicles
      1986 Cabriolet Best Seller; 2000 Jetta VR6; 1990 Vanagon Westfalia
      04-26-2012 11:01 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Green_Lantern98 View Post
      hood would be mk4 golf or gti everything else would be mk3

Everything I've ever read on the subject says: Bumpers, bumper covers, trunk lid, grille, hood, and fenders are Cabrio-specific. These same Golf hard-top & Jetta parts will not fit on the Cabrio without modification. Headlights, side-marker lights and side-repeater lights are the same as the Golf IV hard-tops.

The Cabrio hood is a 1E0------ part, while the Golf is is a 1J0------ part; if the Cabrio shared the same hood, it would also use the 1J0 part number.
      Cabby-Info.com -- Your online guide to the VW Cabriolets
      Old Blue's Blog -- The adventures of a 1990 Westfalia
      "Fashion is a waste of money that could be better spent on, say, maintaining your car." ~James May

Vehicles
      03 gli 95 vr cabrio
      04-26-2012 11:32 PM #6
      I agree w/ above... As far as I knew, mk3.5 cabrio is narrower than the mk4's...
      i used to have a great quote... it was by Ledjetta...
      "doing body work to fit a set of Konig's is like buying a new suit to nail a hooker"

7. Member
      Vehicles
      1965 Beetle, 1987 Triple White, 1988 cabriolet, 1993 2dr Fox gl, 1999 Jetta GL
      04-27-2012 12:26 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by kamzcab86 View Post

Everything I've ever read on the subject says: Bumpers, bumper covers, trunk lid, grille, hood, and fenders are Cabrio-specific. These same Golf hard-top & Jetta parts will not fit on the Cabrio without modification. Headlights, side-marker lights and side-repeater lights are the same as the Golf IV hard-tops.

The Cabrio hood is a 1E0------ part, while the Golf is is a 1J0------ part; if the Cabrio shared the same hood, it would also use the 1J0 part number.

8. 05-03-2012 10:36 PM #8
      anybody ever figure this out as im in the same spot? Need grill hood and radiater support.

Vehicles
      99 Cabrio
      05-04-2012 01:58 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by kamzcab86 View Post

I was looking to install fog lights on the bumper's grilles,so I asked around if the ones sold on ebay for the MK4 would plug and play in my MK3.5.Someone said that the part number for the bumper's grill is totally different on the MK3.5 and the MK4.I ordered the fog grilles and installed them just fine all of the same!What I'm trying to say is that having a different part number doesn't necessary mean they are not interchangeable.In this particular case though,I'm sure the hood would not be interchangeable for the single reason the car is narrower than the MK4.Respect to kamzcab86 ofcourse