Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TVs assembled in the US

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      04-27-2012 09:57 AM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by Crob View Post
      Because that's what I'm really advocating, that we raze all of Long Island or build some man made island and literally build a new city near NYC.

Our generation didn't have anything to do with the advent of the internet, and I've personally benefited from it's progression of using Compuserve and dialup to DSL and broadband cable... none of which really is the product of our generation either.

At best we've done is give the world Youtube and Facebook.

Also I don't care about how much an Ipad would cost, the only Apple product that I have is a Mac Mini.
      That would be a waste of money and resources. What we need is to keep our population down and make people smarter. You would not know a thing about that.

Vehicles
      2006 Yaris D4D x2
      04-27-2012 10:41 AM #72

Also I don't care about how much an Ipad would cost, the only Apple product that I have is a Mac Mini.
      It´s a bird,
      it´s a plane,
      nooooooooo,
      it´s my post going right over Crob´s head!!

I knew you would answer something stupid like that and not adress the real content or point of my post. That usually happens when you run out of arguments.

The US cannot manufacture a lot of stuff due to cost structures, and if they´d ignore that the competition would swallow them whole... and pooof! Goodbye US companies...

Vehicles
      2000 Acura TL 3.2, 2001 GMC Sierra (RIP)
      04-27-2012 10:46 AM #73
      So what? Like I give a **** if an Ipad costs $1800, I'm not buying it.
      With the price of shipping going up the difference in price becomes pretty minimal.
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      Station wagons are for moms and Europe.

Vehicles
      04-27-2012 11:06 AM #74
      derp but my ipads will be more spensive if murricans builds em!! Oh noes apple will recieve less monies!!1
      The only problem with bringing production back is developing production facilities here. It would be costly but Apple could easily swing it if that was what they decided to do. Instead they are sitting on a pile of cash that makes the government jealous.

Vehicles
      2006 Yaris D4D x2
      04-27-2012 11:10 AM #75
      So many stupid posts, so little time to reply...

Again, you missed the point, it´s not about YOU, it´s about economy, manufacturing, etc. you might not want an iPad but millions of others do, and they don´t want to pay an absurd price for them.

Your arguments are moronic to say the least.

Vehicles
      04-27-2012 11:15 AM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by SeatIbiza1.8T View Post
      So many stupid posts, so little time to reply...

Again, you missed the point, it´s not about YOU, it´s about economy, manufacturing, etc. you might not want an iPad but millions of others do, and they don´t want to pay an absurd price for them.

Your arguments are moronic to say the least.
      Thank you for that brilliant post.

Vehicles
      1989 Porsche 944, 2006 VW GTI, 2014 Mazda 6
      04-27-2012 11:16 AM #77

Holy ****, guys.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      01 Passat Wagon V6-5spd
      04-27-2012 11:40 AM #78

Also if it's soo hard in such a large country like the USA, then what's China's secret? I recognize they have loads of labor, but they also have the drive that this country has lost, the drive to be the best, striving to prove itself to the world.
      You need to look up "command economy" in regards to China. You also should look at where their economy is currently trending. They got the balloon up in the air, keeping it up is another thing entirely. A government mandate that they have a strong economy does not make it so -

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47151060/Why_...ilure_Andy_Xie

Vehicles
      2006 Yaris D4D x2
      04-27-2012 11:43 AM #79
      It isn't about me, you're right. What good is it for the economy if everyone works at McDonald's and has to work for 2 months saving up just to buy some Ipad when they can just go to the ****ing library and read a book or browse the web on their computers. If they can't afford a thing called a Personal Computer and the internet due to their **** wages at McDonald's.

Yeah let's just having 3rd world countries build all of our ****, pay them **** wages too, and only make the rich be able to buy the products, sounds like a great economy of serfs and lords.
      First off read you post again, crazy stuff.

Secondly, the real problem you rightly make indirect reference too is not lack of manufacturing, it´s the lack of education across the board, usually when an economy develops education goes up, manual labor goes down, and new jobs require higher education.

Last century manufacturing was in the US then partly in Central America and parts of Asia, now it´s in China, tomorrow it´ll be in Indonesia or elsewhere, the point is, things become VERY pricy if you manufacture in a highly developed economy, you NEED the third world to do the heavy lifting, because if you continue manufacturing in a pricy place your competitors who manufacture cheaply will eat you alive...

10. 04-27-2012 11:52 AM #80
      Don't ever tell anyone to stop bitching about America, or to get out if they don't like how something is done. Bitching is what made America.. the right to stand up to tyranny and speak your mind in hopes of making things better is nearly the entire ****ing basis on which our country was formed.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      01 Passat Wagon V6-5spd
      04-27-2012 11:54 AM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by rsj0714 View Post
      The only problem with bringing production back is developing production facilities here. It would be costly but Apple could easily swing it if that was what they decided to do. Instead they are sitting on a pile of cash that makes the government jealous.
      Developing facilities is not the hurdle, it's regulation. Virtually all assembly machinery is software driven now and modular with pros to set it up. It took BMW less than 2 years to start spitting out vehicles in Spartanburg SC. Electronics assembly is even less of an issue. Even supply infrastructure is straightforward as the US has a terrific backbone between trains, planes, & trucks. The regulation side however is another story. The permit process, environmental impact, any union involvement (right to work), and so on are the factors that determine where or if a new plant goes into place.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      01 Passat Wagon V6-5spd
      04-27-2012 11:56 AM #82

Outsourcing to 3rd world countries and implementing human labor is just the lowest cost option to maximize profits for greedy corporations and their greedy shareholders.
      Can I put that on a bumper sticker?

I need more camouflage in MA.

Vehicles
      2006 Yaris D4D x2
      04-27-2012 11:57 AM #83
      I agree education is lacking, especially in the US, but with a highly technologically advanced society manufacturing becomes cheaper as everything becomes automated and done by machines. All we really need to do is maintain the machines, write code for software, and build those machines.

Outsourcing to 3rd world countries and implementing human labor is just the lowest cost option to maximize profits for greedy corporations and their greedy shareholders.
      Oh, you´re one of those people... Nevermind then, debate over.

Also China is highly educated so that contradicts your argument.
      Are you high? Do you also believe Cuban medicine is the best on the world?

China is developing fast no doubt, but there is a lot of rural and poor China outside of Shanghai and other main cities.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      01 Passat Wagon V6-5spd
      04-27-2012 12:00 PM #84
      Yeah, also my permission to profit too from it if you so please.
      See, not only are you a greedy capitalist but a hypocrite also.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      01 Passat Wagon V6-5spd
      04-27-2012 12:01 PM #85
      Come on, you knew where he was coming from many posts back.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      01 Passat Wagon V6-5spd
      04-27-2012 12:12 PM #86
      Yeah I'm not part of the economic upper classes that have forgotten their predecessor's philanthropic ways of helping their fellow countrymen, who instead think it's philanthropic to bring millions of rural Chinese workers out of poverty by making them work as slaves, at the cost of millions of Americans losing their economic mobility.

04-27-2012 01:53 PM #87
      Also Tripod still exists?
      Damn capitalists! They shoulda been shut down years ago!
      MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

Quote Originally Posted by .skully.
      Mike, quote me in your signature

Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      04-27-2012 01:56 PM #88
      economic upper classes that have forgotten their predecessor's philanthropic ways of helping their fellow countrymen
      I can't even get my father to loan me $10, much less pay for my healthcare.

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      04-27-2012 09:36 PM #89
      For someone who likes to claim they're somewhat intelligent, you like to present yourself as somewhat superior to others even though you've failed to prove how you've seen the world, and presented yourself as awfully ignorant when it comes to differing opinions regarding how people should view Murrica. Now you're advocating population control? How about you take your own advice and chop off your nuts. And don't even try to act like you're intelligent, because you're not, you're a ****ing idiot. REAL TALK
      You make me laugh... Do you even have a HS Diploma?

Vehicles
      E46 330ci and Bikes.
      04-28-2012 01:47 AM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
      Don't ever tell anyone to stop bitching about America, or to get out if they don't like how something is done. Bitching is what made America.. the right to stand up to tyranny and speak your mind in hopes of making things better is nearly the entire ****ing basis on which our country was formed.
      No. ACTING to make a change is what this country was based on. If you believe the romantic BS.

Making stupid knee-jerk reactionary replies to things posted on VWVortex doesn't do anything. If you want to bitch about the country, be my guest. But unless you're actually doing something about it, you look like the a**hole that complains at a free lunch.
      No Signature. Only Krav Khalash.

Vehicles
      2006 Vue, 2012 Chevy Cruze LT2, 1996 BK
      04-28-2012 01:11 PM #91
      Don't know if it was mentioned.

http://www.silodigital.net/. Made in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by seatibiza
      Also China is highly educated so that contradicts your argument.
      The infant mortality rate in Cuba is just over half of that in the US, and life expectancy is essentially the same.
      Last edited by lojasmo; 04-28-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Vehicles
      2006 Yaris D4D x2
      04-28-2012 01:43 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by lojasmo View Post

The infant mortality rate in Cuba is just over half of that in the US, and life expectancy is essentially the same.
      Wow. another idiot. please move to Cuba, or Venezuela, have fun!

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      04-28-2012 02:25 PM #93

Cuban medicine, while not the best in the world (That would be the French, I know they are actually good at something), it is pretty descent for those that can experience it. The problem is most Cubans do not get the top rate medical treatment.

A lot of people actually do travel to Cuba to get certain treatments because, not only are they the best, but also a lot cheaper. But again these are essentially tourists coming to Cuba to get treatment. The get to experience the best facilities and best treatments. Cuban citizens, or at least a vast majority do not have access to these treatments and/or facilities.

And do not question me, I have experienced this first hand.

Vehicles
      2006 Yaris D4D x2
      04-28-2012 02:49 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by B3sat16v View Post
      Cuban medicine, while not the best in the world (That would be the French, I know they are actually good at something), it is pretty descent for those that can experience it. The problem is most Cubans do not get the top rate medical treatment.

A lot of people actually do travel to Cuba to get certain treatments because, not only are they the best, but also a lot cheaper. But again these are essentially tourists coming to Cuba to get treatment. The get to experience the best facilities and best treatments. Cuban citizens, or at least a vast majority do not have access to these treatments and/or facilities.

I do question you, because my country is full of lousy Cuban Doctors who are making a mess of the Venezuelan hralth care system. morethereof, our ****ty ass president went to get "saved" from cancer in Cuba and they just made things a lot worse for him ( sincere thanks BTW). we have Cuban medicine in our country, and it is a freakin joke. half of medicine is being up to date on procedures, technology and medicine, they are way out of date on three...

Vehicles
      04-28-2012 02:50 PM #95
      I do question you, because my country is full of lousy Cuban Doctors who are making a mess of the Venezuelan hralth care system. morethereof, our ****ty ass president went to get "saved" from cancer in Cuba and they just made things a lot worse for him ( sincere thanks BTW). we have Cuban medicine in our country, and it is a freakin joke. half of medicine is being up to date on procedures, technology and medicine, they are way out of date on three...
      Only in OT can a thread about American made televisions devolve into a thread about Cuban healthcare.

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      04-28-2012 03:07 PM #96
      Your country is lousy to begin with. If it had descent doctors, then it would not need lousy Cubans. Get your ****ty facts straight. If you have not experienced it in Cuba first hand then you have not a clue what you are talking about.

Vehicles
      2006 Yaris D4D x2
      04-28-2012 03:13 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by B3sat16v View Post
      Your country is lousy to begin with. If it had descent doctors, then it would not need lousy Cubans. Get your ****ty facts straight. If you have not experienced it in Cuba first hand then you have not a clue what you are talking about.

lol, you are even a bigger idiot than I thought...

Study, study a LOT my friend, hopefully you´ll have educated opinions one day. You obviously know very little of how Venezuela and Cuba work.

Anyways obviously you are also one of those people like Crob, so let´s just leave it there.

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      04-28-2012 03:17 PM #98
      lol, you are even a bigger idiot than I thought...

Study, study a LOT my friend, hopefully you´ll have educated opinions one day. You obviously know very little of how Venezuela and Cuba work.

Anyways obviously you are also one of those people like Crob, so let´s just leave it there.
      Ahhh yeah, when things do not go the way people want they automatically insult. Guess that makes you the idiot.

I am not your friend, not would I ever want to be your friend.

Have you been to Cuba? Do you know any Cuban Doctors in Venezuela personally?

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      04-28-2012 03:18 PM #99
      You love me bitch, don't lump me in with him.
      Hahahaha! Bitches!

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      04-28-2012 03:26 PM #100
      You love me too, I already knew this.
      I have never denied it.... Even with all your bitching and bad information, it makes for a fun day...

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      04-28-2012 03:29 PM #101
      TDE hates my guts though, but he's from Brooklyn so it's his nature.
      You know how it is when it comes to the people from across the rivers..... Jerseyites will always be the scum to the New Yorkers....

Vehicles
      2006 Vue, 2012 Chevy Cruze LT2, 1996 BK
      04-28-2012 04:13 PM #102
      Wow. another idiot. please move to Cuba, or Venezuela, have fun!
      Hey, just providing factual data regarding health statistics in Cuba. Guess what... Whenever a person says "move to ****" they are simply showing the world that they are a moron.

ooh...internet tough guy. I would suggest that the US embargo has seriously impacted the quality of EVERYTHING in Cuba. Regardless, while the metrics do not support the assertion that Cuba has THE BEST health care in the world, they do support Cuba having a health care system that is VASTLY superior to the system in the US vis a vis universal health care exists in Cuba, while in the US a chasm of discrepancy exists between the insured and uninsured.
      Last edited by lojasmo; 04-28-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      04-28-2012 04:26 PM #103
      Hey, just providing factual data regarding health statistics in Cuba. Guess what... Whenever a person says "move to ****" they are simply showing the world that they are a moron.

ooh...internet tough guy. I would suggest that the US embargo has seriously impacted the quality of EVERYTHING in Cuba. Regardless, while the metrics do not support the assertion that Cuba has THE BEST health care in the world, they do support Cuba having a health care system that is VASTLY superior to the system in the US vis a vis universal health care exists in Cuba, while in the US a chasm of discrepancy exists between the insured and uninsured.
      Watch out, we have an Internet bad ass here! hahaha!

Cuba does not have the best, the French do! And even with the Embargo the US still sends food and medicine to Cuba. It is all hush hush though...

Vehicles
      2006 Yaris D4D x2
      04-28-2012 06:05 PM #104
      Hey, just providing factual data regarding health statistics in Cuba.
      I´m sorry, but the bare and simple numbers you provided are very lacking towards trying to prove your point. Natality numbers, mortality rates and length of life are a mere indication.

Additionally I´d love to know the full source of these stats. I know full well how the Cuban government "works".

Guess what... Whenever a person says "move to ****" they are simply showing the world that they are a moron.
      Not when I lived in Venezuela for the last 30 years and my business partner lived in Cuba for 4 years.

You may say I´m a moron, I´m just one of the few people who has had to sadly flee their country, while witnesing many attrocities, amongst them, "Cuban doctors" in exchange for oil.

And to those people who have asked, yes I have known some of these doctors, and specially one whom a friend helped escape from his Cuban "guards" in Venezuela.

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      04-28-2012 06:37 PM #105
      You may say I´m a moron, I´m just one of the few people who has had to sadly flee their country, while witnesing many attrocities, amongst them, "Cuban doctors" in exchange for oil.

And to those people who have asked, yes I have known some of these doctors, and specially one whom a friend helped escape from his Cuban "guards" in Venezuela.
      Have you been to Cuba and experienced first hand how the doctors operate there? I have and a lot of my family member are Doctors/Nurses (Actually are very successful outside and inside the island). Few actually live in Spain so watch out. My uncle is a very successful Orthopedic Surgeon and has never left the island.

A lot of the doctors sent are not necessarely the top notch ones... Just how it goes. You sound bitter as if a Cuban chick messed with your heart or something.... Maybe they stuck something up your rear end.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast