Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TVs assembled in the US

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R
      04-26-2012 06:02 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by SSj4G60 View Post
      Who said anything about importing people I'm talking about companies saying they can't move the jobs back here b/c there isn't enough "skilled labor". When it's really about cost b/c of our higher living standards.
      I'm talking about companies with facilities already in the U.S. paying to get people from other countries to work in their facilities in the U.S., hence the importing of people. This is also much more expensive than hiring someone already living in the U.S., hence a financial incentive NOT to import people. Yet they still do. Why do you think that is? It's because there are not enough people in this country willing and able to become skilled to the level that they require to perform these tasks.
      Scotch. It's time.

Quote Originally Posted by TM87 View Post
      You can promote hate with pencil as you do with a gun. For me they are both the same.
      Frightening ideology, no?

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      04-26-2012 06:49 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by Crob View Post
      Why don't you quit bitching about my America bitching? I can bitch about the USA as much as I want mother****er. I was born here too.
      Mother****er I might be, but the mother that I am f***ing does not belong to me...

You are one disrespectful dude. You said you family is/was Army?

Sad part is, you cannot even read. I was not born in the USA and I appreciate this land more than you, ungrateful piece of garbage, do. And do not worry, I will still continue to pledge the allegiance and defend your this land and your freedoms, so that you can continue to bash this great nation.

For the record it is AIRBUS, not Aerobus....

04-26-2012 06:59 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by B3sat16v View Post

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I was still wondering who the **** Aerobus was.
      MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

Quote Originally Posted by .skully.
      Mike, quote me in your signature

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      04-26-2012 07:03 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Av8r View Post
      Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I was going to let it ride a bit longer as your comments were freaking gold, but I guess this individual does not get it. He has claimed to have lived in Germany, but apparently does not even know common names...... LIKE AIRBUS!

Vehicles
      E46 330ci and Bikes.
      04-26-2012 07:03 PM #55
      Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I've been sitting back watching this unfold and if your son turns out to be anything like you, you'd better get a comfortable chair in his principal's office.
      Free Patrikman 2015. #letmypeoplego

Vehicles
      6.6L Duramax, 235 Thriftmaster, 2.0 Boxer
      04-26-2012 07:43 PM #56
      Americans can build anything, just have to convince multinational companies like Samsung, Siemens or Aerobus to invest in the USA.
      http://usa.siemens.jobs/jobs/
      Of course it's company policy never to, imply ownership in the event of a dildo... always use the indefinite article a dildo, never your dildo.

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      04-26-2012 08:21 PM #57
      Who the **** is Aerobus?
      You're an arsehole!
      “I would request that my body in death be buried not cremated, so that the energy content contained within it gets returned to the earth, so that flora and fauna can dine upon it, just as I have dined upon flora and fauna during my lifetime” - Neil deGrasse Tyson.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      04-26-2012 08:26 PM #58
      we can build our own through IKEA now:

welcome to the layer cake

Vehicles
      2000 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
      04-26-2012 09:17 PM #59

America bitch. I can say whatever the **** I want, no matter how retarded or stupid it is, even if it bashes the USA, because **** you.
      You have the right to say whatever you want, we have the right to think you sound like a dumbass. This is a great country.
      "We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."
      - Plato

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      04-26-2012 09:27 PM #60
      I'm more American due to the fact that I bitch about my very own country. Don't try to tell me I'm ungrateful, I'm a realist... and the **** are you going on about allegiance? This isn't the USSR.

What our military is doing in the middle east, isn't doing anything to protect our freedoms, but the freedom of the USA's and the west's business interests, not the freedoms of the average person.

I'm the piece of garbage? You're just an obedient drone that posts drivel attacking anyone who doesn't like what you believe in and call them a piece of garbage? Either one of two things, continue to believe in your conservative bull**** ideology in peace and accept that people have different views than your own, or go back to some communist country where freedom of speech doesn't exist if you feel people especially the ones that were born here, shouldn't be able to exercise that right. Or STFU.

America bitch. I can say whatever the **** I want, no matter how retarded or stupid it is, even if it bashes the USA, because **** you.

The more garbage you post, the more I realize that you must not be American. You cannot even write English without using curse words. You cannot write English at all.

You do not even know your own country..... Here is the pledge of allegiance:

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all."

I would not expect you to know it as you are probably not even a citizen of the USA.

I understand that people have differences. My own best friend has very different political views than mine. I have many friends with views totally different than mine. We are still very patriotic and for **** and giggles:

“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event, it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else.”

― Theodore Roosevelt
      Last edited by B3sat16v; 04-26-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      04-26-2012 09:49 PM #61
      Roosevelt quote says you're not patriotic if you don't stand by the President... hmmm, that sounds like all of Flyover Country. I like Obama, I think he's cool, I'm multiracial just like him, but I disagree with how he conducts some politics like appeasing Corporate America's interests.
      I really wonder what you IQ is. You seem to miss understand the quote. Read it a few times, the light bulb might light up.

Vehicles
      e91 BMW 320i
      04-26-2012 09:56 PM #62
      Americans can build anything, just have to convince multinational companies like Samsung, Siemens or Aerobus to invest in the USA. We lack competitiveness with other countries due to outdated infrastructure, and lack of universal health care. We have everything else though, land, raw materials, and labor.
      lol... Ever think of labor costs and unions as determining factors?

Quote Originally Posted by B3sat16v View Post

Wrong!!

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      04-26-2012 10:06 PM #63
      Okay so it is patriotic to disagree with the President, so there I'm patriotic. I stand by my country, but I love other country's too, Germany is a sexy ass country, don't hate. Same with The Netherlands, two fine sexy ass countries. South Korea too. USA just needs some lovin' from Germany, spill some of that good old Germanic seed some more, get our infrastructure right, makin' high speed trains and other sexy ****.
      I have never once said that any of those countries are not pretty or descent places to live. What you need to realize that the USA is MASSIVE in size when it comes to all countries in Europe. Some of these systems would not work and would be too costly to implement. We do have rapid transit from DC to NYC. Any other places would just be a waste of money. The automobile is also cheap to own in the USA, rendering the passenger train not necessary.

The USA has plenty of Germanic seeds (Do you know much about History?). The USA is a huge melting pot and no other country in the world offers the opportunities the USA has to offer, BAR NONE. The USA always receives people with open arms. Heck even the Illegals have a descent time in the USA and even get to exploit the system a bit.

For the Record, people in South Korea are a bit rude compared to most Americans, maybe not to a Jerseyite. I wonder how much time you have actually spent with these cultures?

Trust me when I say we need to fix a lot in this country, but I certainly do not bash it because above all, it is my motherland with all its defects. One of the first things that need fixing is Educations, not a bunch of stinking trains.

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      04-26-2012 10:27 PM #64
      We're big, but look at all the **** our predecessors did, built Manhattan up to the skies, Hoover Dam, Golden Gate bridge, Interstate system, etc... and it takes nearly 2 decades to get the WTC rebuilt in modern USA. You call the Northeast corridor high speed rail? What do the trains travel at the most, 90mph? But averages 70? Yeah that's high speed back in the 40's last century.

Also if it's soo hard in such a large country like the USA, then what's China's secret? I recognize they have loads of labor, but they also have the drive that this country has lost, the drive to be the best, striving to prove itself to the world. We've lost that and would rather bitch about useless drivel instead, or fight each other because of different thinking, religions, trendiness, whatever.
      Have you been to CHINA? Most of the country is underdeveloped. Few large cities here and there, but travel west and while beautiful, it not nearly as developed as any 1st world country. This country has not lost its drive. And for as long as I can remember Historically this country has had its differences in thinking, religions, trendiness, etc.

As for the bold stuff... Where do you get your data from? WTC took from 1966 to 1973 and the new one would take the same time 2006 to 2013 and it is one of the strongest building ever built. Do you even know what undertook to rebuilt lower Manhattan. I swear sometimes you pull data out of some obscure places in your body.

15. 04-27-2012 01:52 AM #65
      As far as the WTC, you'd think we could do it just as fast or even faster than the Emirati's in Dubai and do it better, 40 months and a 162 story tall building called Burj Dubai. This isn't the 60's/70's.
      Sure, with cheap, almost slave-like, labor working 24/7...
      And do you really want the US filled with half-empty skyscrapers build on a crumpling foundation of cheap credit only to be bailed out by your oil-rich neighbor?

I love huge skycrapers as much as the next guy but Dubai basically build them to show off.

Don't deny what our predecessors did, they accomplished a **** ton more than our generation will ever be capable of.
      Look at things like the Internet, widespread cellular networks, access to all sorts of information available from almost everywhere. That is a huge accomplishment.

Really, this forum is full of 20-something grumpy old men.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      Corvette & SV650
      04-27-2012 02:25 AM #66
      and it takes nearly 2 decades to get the WTC rebuilt in modern USA.
      First, you suck at math. Even if you start your clock on 9/11, they'll still be done in 12 years. That's a far cry from 'nearly 2 decades'. Of course as an American, or even a smart heartless person, it would be ludicrous to start the clock on 9/11 because the site still needed to be cleared. So if you start when construction started, that means the clock actually started in 2006. That means construction will take 7 years. The Burj Khalifa took 6 years.
      Quote Originally Posted by apizzaparty View Post
      never thought once to use my lefty for the brake. sorry in my opinion it is dumb.

Vehicles
      e91 BMW 320i
      04-27-2012 06:45 AM #67
      Pay people **** wages, companies earn **** profit.
      Yeah, Apple will go bankrupt.

Who the hell do they think will buy all the **** they sell if they just want to pay people in 3rd world countries $15 a day working 12 hours with no benefits
      How´s your iPad doing?

Everyone is only thinking about short term goals instead of being like the Germans and thinking long term.
      If the Germans would be thinking long term in business their European rescue package would be MUCH different, they are as near sighted as everyone in this world. Life is short, get rich before you die is what everyone has in their mind.

And finally:
      Close you eyes, imagine how much an iPad would cost if it was made in the US...

Now delete previous post. lol

Vehicles
      1989 Porsche 944, 2014 Mazda 6, 2015 Chevy SS
      04-27-2012 09:36 AM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by Nitzer View Post

I only buy Sorny.
      King for President.

04-27-2012 09:47 AM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      I've been sitting back watching this unfold and if your son turns out to be anything like you, you'd better get a comfortable chair in his principal's office.
      If karma truly is a bitch, I will be spending an amount of time equal to or greater than that which my parents spent having "unscheduled parent/teacher conferences" on my behalf throughout my elementary and middle school careers.
      MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

Quote Originally Posted by .skully.
      Mike, quote me in your signature

Vehicles
      E46 330ci and Bikes.
      04-27-2012 09:56 AM #70
      As far as the WTC, you'd think we could do it just as fast or even faster than the Emirati's in Dubai and do it better, 40 months and a 162 story tall building called Burj Dubai. This isn't the 60's/70's.
      Hey a**hole, if you knew anything you'd know this:

A. The new WTC building will be one of the most advanced pieces of architecture and design ever created by man.
      B. The new WTC building will have a working sewage system. Not miles of trucks full of people's liquid Halal sh*ts rotting in the middle of the desert like the Burj.

While of course, you can sit here all day and badmouth our country while reaping the benefits that it has afforded you, you can't expect to spew ignorant nonsense and not get called out on it.
      Free Patrikman 2015. #letmypeoplego

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      04-27-2012 09:57 AM #71
      Because that's what I'm really advocating, that we raze all of Long Island or build some man made island and literally build a new city near NYC.

Our generation didn't have anything to do with the advent of the internet, and I've personally benefited from it's progression of using Compuserve and dialup to DSL and broadband cable... none of which really is the product of our generation either.

At best we've done is give the world Youtube and Facebook.

Also I don't care about how much an Ipad would cost, the only Apple product that I have is a Mac Mini.
      That would be a waste of money and resources. What we need is to keep our population down and make people smarter. You would not know a thing about that.

Vehicles
      e91 BMW 320i
      04-27-2012 10:41 AM #72

Also I don't care about how much an Ipad would cost, the only Apple product that I have is a Mac Mini.
      It´s a bird,
      it´s a plane,
      nooooooooo,
      it´s my post going right over Crob´s head!!

I knew you would answer something stupid like that and not adress the real content or point of my post. That usually happens when you run out of arguments.

The US cannot manufacture a lot of stuff due to cost structures, and if they´d ignore that the competition would swallow them whole... and pooof! Goodbye US companies...

Vehicles
      2000 Acura TL 3.2, 2001 GMC Sierra (RIP)
      04-27-2012 10:46 AM #73
      So what? Like I give a **** if an Ipad costs $1800, I'm not buying it.
      With the price of shipping going up the difference in price becomes pretty minimal.
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      Station wagons are for moms and Europe.

Vehicles
      2000 Acura TL 3.2, 2001 GMC Sierra (RIP)
      04-27-2012 11:06 AM #74
      derp but my ipads will be more spensive if murricans builds em!! Oh noes apple will recieve less monies!!1
      The only problem with bringing production back is developing production facilities here. It would be costly but Apple could easily swing it if that was what they decided to do. Instead they are sitting on a pile of cash that makes the government jealous.
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      Station wagons are for moms and Europe.

Vehicles
      e91 BMW 320i
      04-27-2012 11:10 AM #75
      So many stupid posts, so little time to reply...

Again, you missed the point, it´s not about YOU, it´s about economy, manufacturing, etc. you might not want an iPad but millions of others do, and they don´t want to pay an absurd price for them.

Your arguments are moronic to say the least.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast