Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: FS: PES G2 supercharger w/ brand new 27lb injectors and more - $2290

1. 04-26-2012 02:08 AM #1
      SOLD
      Last edited by jibberjive; 08-24-2012 at 08:55 PM.

2. 04-27-2012 12:43 AM #2
      That's bad ass!

The 2.8 actually put up with it huh?
      What psi does it run?

Send from my mobile thingy. Never while driving though.
      //The Car Doctors//Tire Pros//801-766-4449//
      //Tires//CNG//Alignments//Diesel//VAG-COM//Exhaust//
      2158 N Redwood Rd, Saratoga Springs, Utah

3. 04-27-2012 05:19 AM #3
      It's on the stock pulley, so around 6-8psi. And the engine handled it fine, though the engine is getting swapped out for an unrelated reason (not catastrophic failure from engine overload ha). There's a ton of people running these on 2.8's in both VW's and Audi's. SCaudi.com is a good site if you care to see more about other cars that are running them.

4. 04-30-2012 12:02 PM #4
      How did this do for mileage on the freeway? Ever check?
      I did a 500+ mile run this weekend and average 24.3 going 85 pretty much the entire way.

I ask as this is the wife's car, less mileage would result in bad experiences at home.

Obviously I'm very curious.
      //The Car Doctors//Tire Pros//801-766-4449//
      //Tires//CNG//Alignments//Diesel//VAG-COM//Exhaust//
      2158 N Redwood Rd, Saratoga Springs, Utah

5. 05-01-2012 06:00 AM #5
      I actually didn't drive it much personally, as the engine had low compression in one cylinder when I bought it. I bought the car as a project, and I was contemplating putting the stronger shortblock from the 2.7 and throwing in the bigger pully and going nuts with custom tuning the car. But I've since picked up an allroad project and I've decided to return the Passat to stock to sell the car. I'm an Audi enthusiast (I've got a GT turbo'd 2.7t), I bought the Passat from the original owner (another local Audi B5 S4 enthusiast) a little less than a year ago with a big folder of receipts. The previous owner only had it maintained at Streamline and Cutrubus Audi, and only did the best mods (for example Bilstein PSS9's).

Hit me up via email and we can chat further if you're intersted, jibberjive@gmail.com.

6. 08-24-2012 08:55 PM #7
      SOLD