Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Tiguan a rare bird (or lizard in this case)

Vehicles
      12 Jetta TDI Premium 13 Jetta SE with conv.
      04-28-2012 06:27 AM #26
      There's like two in our town of 11000. I see CRV's all the time to the point where they make me wana puke. VW's in general are pretty rare around here. Only 2 CC's and two MKVI Jetta's and other than that it's a few MKIV and MKV Jetta'sand Passats. ----Mike
      Former VW---2001 MKIV 1.8T Future VW---Patiently waiting on 4motion Tiguan TDI/DSG

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan 4 Motion SEL w/Prem Nav/Dynaudio Pepper Grey/Beige; 2014 EOS Komfort Candy White/Beige
      04-28-2012 07:20 AM #27
      We don't see many Tigs here in western NC and odds are that we have the only one in town. I work in Georgia and spend a good bit of time in Atlanta. I see a more there, but they are far from being common. We see tons of CRVs, RAV4s and X3s and more GLKs and Cayannes too. Most of the Tigs we see are 2WD as that by far dominates what the dealers here in the SE sell. 4Mo is very rare, but apparently they are very much desired. As our was being unloaded off the truck, a number other sales personnel at the dealership saw it and we're about to start making some calls before the new car manager told them it was spoken for.

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S
      04-28-2012 07:58 AM #28
      There's a few around, unfortunately two of my neighbors driveways have tiguans now after seeing mine so for me its not to rare. But I know I m the only one with a 6sp so its ok...

4. n00b
      Vehicles
      2010 Tiguan FWD Wolfsburg
      04-30-2012 03:12 PM #29
      a few....I have seen a handful since I bought mine about a month ago. But waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more Rav4s and CRVs!

I love my Tig and am anjoying always being able to spot it in the parking lot!

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '12 Tiguan SE 4Motion White Gold/Tan
      05-02-2012 08:47 AM #30
      Yesterday.. saw two Tiguans..
      one in Northern Jersey, the other in Queens, NY. What a rare day.
      Both are driven by female.
      Did I just buy myself a female car???? no wonder my wife like it so much, and approved the purchase
      How do I man up this car.

6. 05-02-2012 01:31 PM #31
      After 2 years, I still really love my Tigger. The 6M and A3 springs really make it like a big Rabbit. It's WAY more comfortable than a Golf though.

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan Comfortline 2.0 TSI 4Motion
      05-03-2012 05:18 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by jojosung View Post
      Don't worry about it. Mine is the Wild Cherry Red, as it was the only "color", other than blue (too dark for my taste). I don't want to alienate all other Tig owners that read this post - all Tigs look awesome, but we wanted something you don't see all the time, so we opted for this one.
      I wanted something lighter in color, like white or silver, but all Tigs I saw on the road or at the dealer even were white or silver or grey or black. I don't really like the gold/champagne color on a car, so... it was between red and blue. Blue lost as it gets too hot in the summer. So red it was.

Back to the original topic, driving a Tig is manly enough.
      Something like this might be too extreme...

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SEL 4Motion, 2012 Touareg Hybrid
      05-03-2012 07:48 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by jojosung View Post
      Yesterday.. saw two Tiguans..
      one in Northern Jersey, the other in Queens, NY. What a rare day.
      Both are driven by female.
      Did I just buy myself a female car???? no wonder my wife like it so much, and approved the purchase
      Wear this
      My build thread:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...L-build-thread

Mods: X-Pel Headlight Shields, 3M Clear Bra, OEM Door Moldings, OEM Aspherical Mirrors, R-line Door Sills, Rear Hatch Chrome Molding, and many more to come soon...

05-03-2012 10:08 PM #34
      LOL.
      93 vw wolfsburg fox 4-door | 00 honda crv lx | 03 vw jetta wagon gls 2.0 | 04 vw jetta wagon gls tdi-pd | 12 vw tiguan se+panoroof+nav

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan Comfortline 2.0 TSI 4Motion
      05-05-2012 08:34 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by TIGSEL View Post
      Wear this
      Dude, you GOTTA tell me where you found that! That's my next Hallowe'en costume!

05-05-2012 09:07 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by TIGSEL View Post
      Wear this
      Not funny! I look like that when I take my shirt off

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SEL 4Motion, 2012 Touareg Hybrid
      05-06-2012 01:53 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by artronics View Post
      Dude, you GOTTA tell me where you found that! That's my next Hallowe'en costume!
      Why? can't grow your own

http://shop.ccs.com/product/model:17...f-white/black/
      http://shelleyssnippets.blogspot.com...air-shirt.html
      My build thread:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...L-build-thread

Mods: X-Pel Headlight Shields, 3M Clear Bra, OEM Door Moldings, OEM Aspherical Mirrors, R-line Door Sills, Rear Hatch Chrome Molding, and many more to come soon...

13. 05-07-2012 06:28 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Bevmo View Post
      Not so rare in the SF Bay Area, which must be one of VW USA biggest markets I suppose, (domestic brands are the rare birds here :-))

Having just spent a couple of weeks 'back home' in the UK, it was interesting to me that I saw way fewer Tigs on the road compared to what I see here, maybe because the CUV market is just more mainstream here, maybe because the Tig is still a relatively expensive CUV in EU vs other manufacturers, maybe because people in the bay area spend more on cars overall, there are also way more BMWs, Audi and Mercedes on the road here and VW gets more of that middle ground...
      Saw many Tiguans near SF. Also was in Walnut Creek and saw an unbelievable number of Tiguans and Passat Wagons - Bay area cool on VWs

14. 01-02-2015 03:11 PM #39
      I have seen quite a few Tiguans in the Twin Cities area but I just thought that was because we have 5 Volkswagen dealerships in the area.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      '14 VW Tiguan
      01-02-2015 09:08 PM #40
      I have seen quite a few Tiguans in SF but not as many as CRVs and RAV4s. I am the only VW Tiguan owner in my family. My brother owns a CRV and bro in law owns a RAV4.

Vehicles
      2013 VW Tiguan, 2013 Porsche 911 S, 2015 Macan, 2004 Touareg V8 (sold)
      01-03-2015 11:15 AM #41
      There are a lot of Tiguans in Bay Area, obviously not as many as CRV's or RAVs, but still a lot of them. I see quite a few R-lines as well, maybe one a week. Also, there a ton of Tiguans in Tahoe this winter season, mostly with 4motion. It really has surprised me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12