Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: B6 rear bags creaking need some help

Vehicles
      B6 Passat 2.0 Turbo
      04-26-2012 10:58 AM #1
      So last Saturday a blew a rear bag (first blown bag in 2yrs) and Tuesday night I replaced both the rears, so both bags are in an now when I air down and go over bumps my rear bags make a creaking noise, I have a friend who's coming over tonight to help me check it out (can't air out the car and check the bags at the same time) could it be because the bags are new? Or it could be that the bags are rubbing. Just curious if I am missing anything else to check for

I have the airlift slam kit and the rear bags have the top bracket that bolts to the frame
      ???

2. 04-26-2012 11:07 AM #2
      LMK what you find out i just blew a bag in the rear (bad mounts caused odd rubbing on the rear subframe after 3 months) Cause i really want to fix that aswell.

Vehicles
      B6 Passat 2.0 Turbo
      04-27-2012 08:07 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by 20vtVdubb View Post
      LMK what you find out i just blew a bag in the rear (bad mounts caused odd rubbing on the rear subframe after 3 months) Cause i really want to fix that aswell.
      I finally got to check out my rear bags yesterday and saw they weren't centred in the lower control arm, I tried to center them as best I could and it rubs a little still, going to call airlift and have them send me that washer fix they came out with
      ???