Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: SAI/N249/PCV/EVAP Delete Question for AZ

Vehicles
      2002 GTI, 1.8t, Rave Green, 2013 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner, Double Cab
      04-26-2012 02:47 PM #1
      So I'm tired of spending countless hours finding and fixing vacuum leaks, so I'm considering doing the SAI/N249/PCV/EVAP delete. I'm wondering if anybody in the valley has performed this delete? More importantly has anybody performed the delete and gone through emissions (and passed)?

Vehicles
      BMP MKIV .:R32T, B8A4, LS3-86Z28(trkhor)
      04-26-2012 03:17 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by shunut View Post
      So I'm tired of spending countless hours finding and fixing vacuum leaks, so I'm considering doing the SAI/N249/PCV/EVAP delete. I'm wondering if anybody in the valley has performed this delete? More importantly has anybody performed the delete and gone through emissions (and passed)?
      you might need atune to "clear" it out so it will pass emissions
      ALL PRICES REDUCED
      Click me for apparel
      HAVE YOU SEEN THE VIDEO?
      .:::Exklusiv:::.

Vehicles
      2002 VW GTI 1.8T
      04-26-2012 04:06 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by gnatman View Post
      you might need atune to "clear" it out so it will pass emissions
      lol I'm currently trying to fix my car to get it to pass emissions. So I feel your pain. I can't get readiness to set either due to a bad o2 Sensor, bad SAI, bad PCV and EGR valves.. or bad cat. Blah. Pain in the ASS

Vehicles
      04-26-2012 05:40 PM #4
      I've read the entire "DIY" thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...CV-EVAP-Delete

From what I've read the fact that I have APR Stage 2 makes no difference either way. The majority of the people in the thread say you won't pass emissions as is, however there are a few that claim they did the delete and passed fine, nobody from AZ either way. There is a guy in there who says he can do some programming to ensure that you pass emissions for $50, although that was a while ago and I haven't contacted him (wanted to see if anybody in AZ has done it and their results with emissions to see that is necessary).

Vehicles
      2003 Jetta 1.8t/ 1985 Jetta Gli 16V(Sold) :'(
      04-26-2012 06:40 PM #5
      I did a sai and evap delete with Eurodyne software and havent had a single issue since the deletes... Before the delete i swear every dang week I had a new code for something dumb.
      Vroooom Vroom

Vehicles
      04-26-2012 06:52 PM #6
      Was there anything special as far as the software you had to do or mess with or was it a typical install?

The more I'm thinking about it the more I'm leaning toward doing it. I don't have to have emissions done again until 2014, since I just passed last month. I'm graduating from ASU in December. Once I find a job, I plan on buying a new car and putting this one in the garage while I build it into what I want. I'm guessing I'll be able to get a new car before I have to have emissions tested again on this car, so I don't really have much to worry about. I'm just tired of all the codes from the SAI or N249 or vacuum leaks.

Vehicles
      98 GTI VR6 S/C, 98 GTI VR6, 97 GTI VR6 DE, 02 2.0L jetta wagon, 03 GTI VR6, Haro Mirra 540 Air
      04-26-2012 08:46 PM #7
      just get the software to delete all that. i think it would be that easy. i find fixing the problem is rather easy too..

Vehicles
      04-26-2012 10:14 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by shunut View Post
      Was there anything special as far as the software you had to do or mess with or was it a typical install?

The more I'm thinking about it the more I'm leaning toward doing it. I don't have to have emissions done again until 2014, since I just passed last month. I'm graduating from ASU in December. Once I find a job, I plan on buying a new car and putting this one in the garage while I build it into what I want. I'm guessing I'll be able to get a new car before I have to have emissions tested again on this car, so I don't really have much to worry about. I'm just tired of all the codes from the SAI or N249 or vacuum leaks.
      Look into eurodyne maestro thats what I got. With this i can go in and turn off the Sai and evap with a click of a button and thats all... Along with being able to turn off the o2 sensor and more if you like but once you turn that off you might have issues passing emission so just do the evap and sai...
      Vroooom Vroom

Vehicles
      04-27-2012 09:57 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by AzDubbin1.8t View Post
      Look into eurodyne maestro thats what I got. With this i can go in and turn off the Sai and evap with a click of a button and thats all... Along with being able to turn off the o2 sensor and more if you like but once you turn that off you might have issues passing emission so just do the evap and sai...
      I will definitely check it out, but after already paying for APR's tune, not sure I want to pay for another program.

In the meantime, CEL came on last night on my way to guitar practice, will check it in a bit to see what codes were thrown, I'm sure I already know

Vehicles
      04-27-2012 10:43 AM #10
      http://www.eurodyne.ca/prestashop/ca...?id_category=5
      And its a plus that you can adjust your boost and timing and add 2 step + more...
      Vroooom Vroom