Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 29 of 29

    Thread: [Share]My Rs' - Larry

    1. 04-27-2012 04:51 AM #1
      My 2004 MK4 R32 Black... Accidentally met those special color MK5 on the street.



      Detailed my R32. Almost 10 years, I still in love with her. Less then 30,000 miles on it.
      Yes, less then 30,000 miles. I am not the first owner, but this is real LOL.



      Last picture I took with my track wheels.




      Ok, here is my new R. First time I saw her and test drove her at the dealership.
      The dealer was asking for $4000 over MSRP.



      Almost 2 weeks later, second time I saw her. Been hided in the dealer's garage for me
      cuz was sales pending. That's what they said, but I don't know. Anyway, I took her home.
      It's raining day, April 13, Friday. Don't worry, I am ok with Friday the 13th LOL.



      US Version really need LED tail lights VWUSA !!



      My 2nd R finally home : )



      I love this picture.



      Rear for my R. No LED tail lights = failed.



      After 1st car wash by myself. Here comes some better pictures.



      The car need to be lowered.



      Find my first modification on the car? LOL



      side view 1



      side view 2



      waiting for my color matched sidemarkers



      MK5 vs MK6 - Met MK5 GTI with R32 rear.... MK5 still looks nice : ))



      MK5 vs MK6 - nice and clean mods for the MK5.



      2nd Car wash by myself. Time for some good pictures. I took by my iPhone 4S.



      Oh by the way, I got my window tinted. I choose SunTek's film - CXP 70
      All around also the windshield.



      Nice sun lights...



      Here is the story. I ordered my Golf R at different dealer that I purchased back to January.
      However, that salesperson is not responsible, so I started to search the R that I can get by
      myself also waiting for the Candy White/2 Door/ Fully Loaded/ that I ordered.



      I found one exactly the same as I want in Arizona but deal was not so good and it cost more
      money and time to ship the car to California. End up, I gave it up for the one in AZ.
      This is my favorite picture so far : ))



      I called this dealer that I purchased, they wanted 4K over MSRP. So, I was going to hang up
      the phone and say good luck. The salesperson asked my contact info and she said she will go
      ask her manager. I told them the maximum I only pay MSRP + Tax. More than that? Sorry....



      I explained to them my situation that I ordered my car from other dealer and they are not
      as good as I expected. So, I decided to find my own car. The dealer that I purchased my Golf R
      is really nice. I got my R with pretty good deal. Thanks for the people helping me out.



      So, I started to submit all the paper works because I am going to run the VW College Graduate Program for this car to build up my credit. So, I have to wait for the VW to get the approval.



      It took almost 3 weeks to have a deal with me cuz I was still considering Black or White.
      I love the black car, but white R is always unique to me especially when I see MK5 R32 in
      white. End up I still got the black R because of the picture below LOL.



      Some parts that I ordered from Asia. Will be here soon. Some parts are way too expensive to buy
      in the U.S.


      I need those when I am driving in the night time.



      This is just make you feel better when you open the door.



      Way cheaper that I got it from Asia and this is not made in china. So, don't worry..
      They are not fake.



      VAGcom program ? APR Stage 1 ? I don't know... LOL



      ummm..... waiting waiting



      Friend told me using this OEM Blow off Valve is good enough.
      I am not sure if our cars is this one or not. If not, I am going to order one.



      All in all, I love both MK4 R32 and MK6 GOLF R. Thanks for taking you time read my
      story in bad English and grammar. Please share your story with us : ))
      Thanks a lot to my buddy who owned " Platte Forme a . g . " , I brought my car to "EUROCODE"
      finished some upgrades. Going to order more parts and finish some upgrade from
      Platte Forme a . g . and EUROCODE.
      Last edited by LarryLu; 08-03-2012 at 10:58 PM.

    2. Junior Member capitano_obvious's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 26th, 2012
      Location
      España
      Posts
      39
      Vehicles
      Pinto
      04-27-2012 04:57 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by LarryLu View Post
      My 2004 MK4 R32 Black... Accidentally met those special color MK5 on the street.



      Detailed my R32. Almost 10 years, I still in love with her. Less then 30,000 miles on it.
      Yes, less then 30,000 miles. I am not the first owner, but this is real LOL.



      Last picture I took with my track wheels.




      Ok, here is my new R. First time I saw her and test drove her at the dealership.
      The dealer was asking for $4000 over MSRP.



      Almost 2 weeks later, second time I saw her. Been hided in the dealer's garage for me
      cuz was sales pending. That's what they said, but I don't know. Anyway, I took her home.
      It's raining day, April 13, Friday. Don't worry, I am ok with Friday the 13th LOL.



      US Version really need LED tail lights VWUSA !!



      My 2nd R finally home : )



      I love this picture.



      Rear for my R. No LED tail lights = failed.



      After 1st car wash by myself. Here comes some better pictures.



      The car need to be lowered.



      Find my first modification on the car? LOL



      side view 1



      side view 2



      waiting for my color matched sidemarkers



      MK5 vs MK6 - Met MK5 GTI with R32 rear.... MK5 still looks nice : ))



      MK5 vs MK6 - nice and clean mods for the MK5.



      2nd Car wash by myself. Time for some good pictures. I took by my iPhone 4S.



      Oh by the way, I got my window tinted. I choose SunTek's film - CXP 70
      All around also the windshield.



      Nice sun lights...



      Here is the story. I ordered my Golf R at different dealer that I purchased back to January.
      However, that salesperson is not responsible, so I started to search the R that I can get by
      myself also waiting for the Candy White/2 Door/ Fully Loaded/ that I ordered.



      I found one exactly the same as I want in Arizona but deal was not so good and it cost more
      money and time to ship the car to California. End up, I gave it up for the one in AZ.
      This is my favorite picture so far : ))



      I called this dealer that I purchased, they wanted 4K over MSRP. So, I was going to hang up
      the phone and say good luck. The salesperson asked my contact info and she said she will go
      ask her manager. I told them the maximum I only pay MSRP + Tax. More than that? Sorry....



      I explained to them my situation that I ordered my car from other dealer and they are not
      as good as I expected. So, I decided to find my own car. The dealer that I purchased my Golf R
      is really nice. I got my R with pretty good deal. Thanks for the people helping me out.



      So, I started to submit all the paper works because I am going to run the VW College Graduate Program for this car to build up my credit. So, I have to wait for the VW to get the approval.



      It took almost 3 weeks to have a deal with me cuz I was still considering Black or White.
      I love the black car, but white R is always unique to me especially when I see MK5 R32 in
      white. End up I still got the black R because of the picture below LOL.



      Some parts that I ordered from Asia. Will be here soon. Some parts are way too expensive to buy
      in the U.S.


      I need those when I am driving in the night time.



      This is just make you feel better when you open the door.



      Way cheaper that I got it from Asia and this is not made in china. So, don't worry..
      They are not fake.



      VAGcom program ? APR Stage 1 ? I don't know... LOL



      ummm..... waiting waiting



      Friend told me using this OEM Blow off Valve is good enough.
      I am not sure if our cars is this one or not. If not, I am going to order one.



      All in all, I love both MK4 R32 and MK6 GOLF R. Thanks for taking you time read my
      story in bad English and grammar. Please share your story with us : ))
      Thanks a lot to my buddy who owned " Platte Forme a . g . " , I brought my car to "EUROCODE"
      finished some upgrades. Going to order more parts and finish some upgrade from
      Platte Forme a . g . and EUROCODE.
      car $4000 over invoice

    3. 04-27-2012 05:00 AM #3
      haha... I am not that stupid. I got $34,259 + All the fees...

      GOLF R over MSRP $4000 ? This is not BMW 1 Series M Coupe !!

    4. 04-27-2012 05:55 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by capitano_obvious View Post
      car $4000 over invoice
      Did you really just quote ALL those pics



      Good lookin car Larry! Not much of a fan of blk or the look a like civic 2door (hate those small rear windows) but its a cool rare r!

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Burlington, NC
      Posts
      3,726
      Vehicles
      '14 CC R-Line, '12 Golf R
      04-27-2012 08:26 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by MissUnderstood View Post
      Did you really just quote ALL those pics
      LOL... seriously.

      Anyway - nice car. You don't need to replace the DV. We have a Revision D diverter valve on these cars and it is capable of holding up to Stage III APR power.

    6. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2004
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      40,417
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 04 R32 / 02 337
      04-27-2012 08:29 AM #6
      I hate you for having a MKIV with 30k. I had 95k on mine when I sold it 2 years ago. Congrats on the new car and the old one.

    7. Member nectar13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 22nd, 2007
      Location
      columbus, oh
      Posts
      754
      Vehicles
      golf r; 337
      04-27-2012 10:40 AM #7
      congratulations on the new car!




      Quote Originally Posted by MissUnderstood View Post
      Did you really just quote ALL those pics



      Good lookin car Larry! Not much of a fan of blk or the look a like civic 2door (hate those small rear windows) but its a cool rare r!
      so i'm not the only one who cringes when i have to sort through 15 copies of the same pictures on a single page?
      Last edited by nectar13; 04-27-2012 at 11:06 AM.

    8. Junior Member EsqR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 24th, 2012
      Location
      Redneck Riviera
      Posts
      90
      04-27-2012 11:46 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by nectar13 View Post
      congratulations on the new car!






      so i'm not the only one who cringes when i have to sort through 15 copies of the same pictures on a single page?
      +3 uggggh

    9. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2006
      Location
      Wadsworth, OH
      Posts
      31,467
      Vehicles
      Modified ones
      04-27-2012 11:57 AM #9
      Congrats!

      http://www.ecstuning.com
      :: Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Hours: Mon. - Fri. 8:00AM - 11:00PM EST Saturday 10:00AM - 7:00PM EST :: Email: sales@ecstuning.com & customerservice@ecstuning.com :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Live Chat :: Instagram

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 28th, 2004
      Location
      Wstchstr Cnty, NY
      Posts
      12,555
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R DBM
      04-27-2012 12:04 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      I hate you for having a MKIV with 30k...
      Don't hate him, pity him.
      Can you imagine having a car that is that much fun to drive,
      but you limit yourself to driving it less than 4k miles a year?
      Why would you deprive yourself that way?

      LarryLu, DRIVE THE GOLF R!!!!!!

      --Chuck--

    11. 04-27-2012 02:07 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by speedbump2 View Post
      Don't hate him, pity him.
      Can you imagine having a car that is that much fun to drive,
      but you limit yourself to driving it less than 4k miles a year?
      Why would you deprive yourself that way?

      LarryLu, DRIVE THE GOLF R!!!!!!

      --Chuck--
      I was thinking the same thing!

    12. 04-27-2012 04:13 PM #12
      Thanks for all the reply.

      My MK4 is my track car, I put most of the track mileage on it.
      I have 135i daily and my girlfriend's S5, I well kept my VW LOL..

      I am sorry if I am too over to keep the car and not driving it : ))

    13. Member Dutchmastr9's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2004
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      17,491
      Vehicles
      2 Door bugatti coupe...er, i mean Golf Racecar
      04-27-2012 04:19 PM #13
      cool, good luck with the build and car
      You Aint About That Life | ETYolo

      Ruined Blue Golf | 42 Draft Designs

    14. 04-27-2012 05:32 PM #14
      Thanks Dutchmastr9.....

      Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmastr9 View Post
      cool, good luck with the build and car

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 21st, 2006
      Location
      Lisle, IL
      Posts
      394
      Vehicles
      '12 R CSG APR S1
      04-28-2012 12:24 PM #15
      Will you please provide part number for R door seat height handle alloy look sils?

    16. 05-03-2012 04:39 PM #16
      Sorry for the late respond. I will check and let you know ASAP.
      Parts still not in the U.S. yet. I am waiting for more parts at the same time.


      Quote Originally Posted by veuu View Post
      Will you please provide part number for R door seat height handle alloy look sils?

    17. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 16th, 2010
      Location
      Indianapolis
      Posts
      43
      Vehicles
      MkIV R32 DBP, Golf R 2 door CW
      05-03-2012 04:51 PM #17
      I saw your first mod.......

      Save the 'ring!

      Nice.

      Good looking cars! I too kept my Mk4 R32 in addition to the R.

    18. Member Siliconrane's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 19th, 2009
      Location
      Camp Bullis, TX (San Antonio)
      Posts
      1,627
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R - Black
      05-03-2012 05:35 PM #18
      Yes - Stock OEM Rev D Valve is Fine. (Yes our car has it already)

      I also mourn for the loss of your front bumpers virginity.
      2012 Golf R - Black WETDUB
      APR Stage 2++ (Build Thread)

    19. Member MK2 16v-T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 11th, 2007
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      456
      05-03-2012 05:48 PM #19
      Congrats!!
      2012 Deep Black Metallic GOLF R

    20. 05-08-2012 04:19 PM #20
      Congrats on the car! I personally like the black a lot


      Did you have part numbers for the seat lever inserts, I would like to get some oem ones!
      Quote Originally Posted by LarryLu View Post
      Sorry for the late respond. I will check and let you know ASAP.
      Parts still not in the U.S. yet. I am waiting for more parts at the same time.

    21. 05-09-2012 03:53 AM #21
      For those who wanted to know the Trim Part #, please check the pics below..








    22. Member
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2011
      Location
      SoCal and El Paso, TX ;-)
      Posts
      1,933
      Vehicles
      MKIV.:R32 & MKVI.:R 2.:R's are better than one .:R!
      05-09-2012 12:41 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Siliconrane View Post
      Yes - Stock OEM Rev D Valve is Fine. (Yes our car has it already)

      I also mourn for the loss of your front bumpers virginity.
      I have so much props to give you on this thread!! First of all getting a MKVI.:R while keeping the MKIV.:R makes my legs jelly, my body quiver and my pants tight all at the same time!!! Then you got your car from VW in Pasadena, the same place where I got my MKIV GTI and MKIV.:R, and where I will be getting my MKVI.:R. VW Pasadena is a good dealership. They gave me one hell of a deal on my MKIV.:R and I will be getting my MKVI.:R there also. At Fastivus 2011 the General Manager of the dealership said they will stay a mod friendly dealership. They have worked on my modded cars and I have not had any trouble with warranty issues and my mods at this dealership. In fact they even offered to buy back my MKIV.:R in November of last year. I told them my MKIV.:R will never be sold while I'm alive but what's up with the GoRf? As a result latter this year I'll be getting my GoRf there at a great price. After all this will be the third car I have bought from them!!

      Gotta give you more props for going to Eurocode in Torrance. Dave Sorabe (always forget how to spell his last name!!) was the one who opened my eyes to what could be done to a modern day VW. He helped me transform my MKIV GTI into a true Pocket Rocket. Tell him the BIG guy from Rio said what's up, he will know what I'm talking about.

      I too feel for the virginity of your front bumper. When I told them I want the GoRf I told them for the life of God don't drill the front bumper!!! Here in Cali you will get sweated more for your tent than the bumper. It sucks that Po Po is worried about either.

      OP hope you can make it to Fastivus 2012 on Saturday May 19 there at VW Pasadena. 2011 was the poop, and you can look up the pix here on 'Tex. With the new .:R out Fastivus 2012 will be way bigger than last year. Plus don't forget FREE IN-N-OUT!!!!
      UNDER STEER MUST DIE!!! As my skills/abilities increase UNDER STEER magically disappears!!!
      Stock is like virginity: Useless and should be gotten rid as soon as possible!!!!

    23. 05-10-2012 12:03 AM #23
      Thanks man. I really appreciate your reply. My friends plus me, we picked up at least 5 to 6
      VW from VW Pasadena. We always deal with a very cool guy, he is a big big VW fans as well.
      Unfortunately, he had some surgery and got retired. I bring my MK4 R32 right after I got it, the
      car still under warranty back to 2009 then I purchased the extend warranty through my buddy
      who was working for VW Pasadena. They are really good, and they have few techs own MK4
      R32 as well. So, i am not worry about if I bring my car back there and do regular service.
      Just like what you said, they are friendly with mods VWs.

      Eurocode is close to where I work, and my buddy owns Platte Forme a . g . deal with
      most of BMW, so he forward me to Eurocode and I got my stage 1 there. Will bring some
      of my Euro OEM Parts to them get installed and VAGcom. People in Eurocode are nice and
      cool. So, I am happy that I have more shop to deal with.

      For my front bumper, I know they drilled it already. Personally, I mod cars but I want my
      won't catch that much attention from Po Po. I am planning to get Euro Bumper later. So, this
      current bumper will be in my storage.

      I will try to make it next Saturday, but most likely I can't cuz have to work. Anyway, I'll try.
      Thanks for all your respond : ))


      Quote Originally Posted by GOT R32? View Post
      I have so much props to give you on this thread!! First of all getting a MKVI.:R while keeping the MKIV.:R makes my legs jelly, my body quiver and my pants tight all at the same time!!! Then you got your car from VW in Pasadena, the same place where I got my MKIV GTI and MKIV.:R, and where I will be getting my MKVI.:R. VW Pasadena is a good dealership. They gave me one hell of a deal on my MKIV.:R and I will be getting my MKVI.:R there also. At Fastivus 2011 the General Manager of the dealership said they will stay a mod friendly dealership. They have worked on my modded cars and I have not had any trouble with warranty issues and my mods at this dealership. In fact they even offered to buy back my MKIV.:R in November of last year. I told them my MKIV.:R will never be sold while I'm alive but what's up with the GoRf? As a result latter this year I'll be getting my GoRf there at a great price. After all this will be the third car I have bought from them!!

      Gotta give you more props for going to Eurocode in Torrance. Dave Sorabe (always forget how to spell his last name!!) was the one who opened my eyes to what could be done to a modern day VW. He helped me transform my MKIV GTI into a true Pocket Rocket. Tell him the BIG guy from Rio said what's up, he will know what I'm talking about.

      I too feel for the virginity of your front bumper. When I told them I want the GoRf I told them for the life of God don't drill the front bumper!!! Here in Cali you will get sweated more for your tent than the bumper. It sucks that Po Po is worried about either.

      OP hope you can make it to Fastivus 2012 on Saturday May 19 there at VW Pasadena. 2011 was the poop, and you can look up the pix here on 'Tex. With the new .:R out Fastivus 2012 will be way bigger than last year. Plus don't forget FREE IN-N-OUT!!!!

    24. 06-05-2012 03:53 AM #24
      some new update....

      After APR Stage 1, and some more mile on my Golf R.
      I decided to go to the track with my buddy's GT3 RS .



      Enjoy the picture.





























      Before the track event. My KW V3 already sit in my friend's shop for few weeks.
      Now, I know how to make my Golf R more fun to drive, and what's the direction
      to modify it.






      Today is time to put in on. LOL


      Wheels are out, ready to figure it out.


      Special Thanks to my buddy's shop - Platte Forme a. g.
      They are famous about BMW tuning, now they will work on more Porsche, Audi and VW.


      Rear is really easy to install, bad for the inconvenient to adjust the rebound.




      After few hours work, my car is done. Going to wait for a week to do the alignment.
      Now is time to order my new wheels and move to Stage 2 : )












      Now, waiting for some parts from ECS and some from Asia. I'll keep updated with you guys.
      Thanks for watching.

    25. 08-03-2012 10:49 PM #25
      Some new update.

      Thanks for AutoTecknic Aluminum Tow Hook






      More Parts to go...



      Testing out new suspension set up with my buddy's GTSRS .1




    26. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Nov 19th, 2011
      Location
      Istanbul, Turkey
      Posts
      16
      Vehicles
      Golf R '11
      08-04-2012 07:21 AM #26
      I am using the KW DDC coilover and I am more than satisfied with it. Congrats on your purchase.. By the way very nice thread.. Subscribed..

    27. Member GTI Fanboy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 29th, 2012
      Posts
      252
      Vehicles
      Mk5 GTI
      08-04-2012 11:52 AM #27
      Congrats on the purchase! Much prefer Coilovers to bags.

    28. Member luvadubdub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 28th, 2007
      Location
      Edmonton, Alberta
      Posts
      1,046
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      08-07-2012 04:26 PM #28
      Where did you track down oem seat inserts and where can I get a set?
      '13 Golf R 4 door - Rising Blue | OEM LED Tails | VWR Springs | APR Carbonio Intake | HPA Core Interlock Mount | VWR Short Shifter | 18" BBS CO |
      | Monster Mats | CarGo Liner | SS Seat Riser Inserts | Aluminum Look Glove Box Handle |
      Previous: | '88 Jetta | '91 Corrado G60 | '96 BMW 318ti | '97 GTI VR6 | '01 Jetta 1.8T | '06 RSX Type-S | '07 Audi A3 2.0T |

    29. 08-30-2012 04:59 AM #29
      Sorry for the late respond. PM me, I can get it for you. Thanks.

      Quote Originally Posted by luvadubdub View Post
      Where did you track down oem seat inserts and where can I get a set?

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •