Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Element TV?

1. 04-27-2012 10:39 AM #1
      http://www.elementelectronics.com/

Hm... when was the last time you saw a TV made in the US? Manufacturing is slowly moving back here I think.

Vehicles
      List your car(s) owned here
      04-27-2012 12:31 PM #2
      Assembled in Detroit, which may as well be a 3rd world country.
      Take my fusion hybrid, please! Blue 2013 titanium package, goes to the first person that will take it for only what is owed. PM me if serious.

They're steppin' on my rhythm and they're stealin' all my lines

3. 04-30-2012 02:37 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Assembled in Detroit, which may as well be a 3rd world country.
      Hahaha, I almost spit my lunch out.

But seriously, that's cool that it's manufactured here, although I'd like to see the rest of the components made here too. Made there's some upside to the sinking US dollar.

Vehicles
      2010 135i, 2008 Taco
      04-30-2012 02:59 PM #4
      Cool to see manufacturing in the US. I am actually one of those people that will go out of my way, and pay a few dollars more, to buy something made in the US, than to buy some cheap crap from China. It's really hard to avoid these days, almost everything at your local mall or Wallmart is all from China, even the high dollar items...

It's hard to find, but you can still find products out there made in the USA. Mostly online.
      "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." -H. L. Mencken

The most important thing you might ever watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPWH5TlbloU

Vehicles
      List your car(s) owned here
      04-30-2012 10:47 PM #5
      I'm of the opinion that buying American just for the sake of it being American is detrimental to the company/industry in the long run by instilling a false sense of having a competitive product when it's really sub-par.
      Take my fusion hybrid, please! Blue 2013 titanium package, goes to the first person that will take it for only what is owed. PM me if serious.

They're steppin' on my rhythm and they're stealin' all my lines

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      05-02-2012 06:38 PM #6
      I'm willing to bet the majority of components are from China. The prices are too low to believe otherwise. At least the manufacturing here creates a few more jobs.

I'm still considering one when I have to replace the set in our bedroom a few months from now.
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?