Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Navigation question

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle 2.0 Turbo, sound sunroof, auto, nav, APR Stage 1
      04-27-2012 12:43 PM #1
      My 20102 Beetle came with navigation - I didn't want this option as I already have a Garmin which works fine. However, this was a case of "take the car as-is, or forget it". Thus I have the navigation system and it works very well.
      However, I cannot figure out how to enter the current location as destination from . I read the manual over and over, but I see no way to capture a current position and put it in memory.
      Also, I see no way to contact VW for technical help.
      Does anyone know how to enter current positon as destination, or who to contact for such a question?
      I find it hard to believe this cannot be done as it is on my Garmin and GPS in our other car.
      That said, this is an amazing car!!!

Vehicles
      2012 Beetle Sportline, Black
      04-27-2012 01:53 PM #2
      I'll take a look at mine and get back to you, if no one does first. It's quite possible that it just doesn't have that feature though. Can't even pan the damn map around on the VW one.

I was in the same boat - have a Garmin 3750 which I love, and it's so handy to be able to program it or use the POI db outside of the car. Plus, I get frequent fireware/software updates and a new map set every quarter.

Cheers,
      Dave

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat SE - Candy White
      04-27-2012 04:59 PM #3
      I'm not sure what you mean. The nav always assumes your current location is your start point. Or do you mean you want to set up your "home" address???

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Beetle 2.0 Turbo, sound sunroof, auto, nav, APR Stage 1
      04-27-2012 05:30 PM #4
      Reading the Nav book - AGAIN. Seems like I can hit the "I" button (Information) when I am at a location and it pops up the latitude and longitude info. Then, I can "save" that, assign a name to it, and store it.

I'll be checking this out later today. If it does not work, I'll be back to the forum.