Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 17 of 17

    Thread: Anyone looking to buy a new 1198?

    1. Member Spectaculiciousnes's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 12th, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, WA
      Posts
      3,675
      Vehicles
      '78 Rabbit; '85 Quantum wagon; '82 Callaway Rabbit truck; '02 Eurovam MV; '10 Ducati 1198S Corse
      04-27-2012 01:20 PM #1
      Motocorsa just posted a photo of their last new 1198 & offered to fly any out of state buyers to Portland to buy it. Good chance for a free trip & only $16,495 for the bike

      www.desmolition.com

      Follow me on Facebook at ducatiscotty

    2. Senior Member Metallitubby's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      21,074
      Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      04-27-2012 01:50 PM #2
      I assume that is due to the impending lack of interest?

    3. Member U n i o n 0015's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 10th, 2000
      Posts
      12,604
      Vehicles
      1999 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG | 2011 Ducati Streetfighter S
      04-27-2012 01:51 PM #3
      If you're an East Coaster that would be an awesome deal. $600 plane ticket, a chance to site see, and purchase a sweet bike.

    4. Member Spectaculiciousnes's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 12th, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, WA
      Posts
      3,675
      Vehicles
      '78 Rabbit; '85 Quantum wagon; '82 Callaway Rabbit truck; '02 Eurovam MV; '10 Ducati 1198S Corse
      04-27-2012 02:08 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      I assume that is due to the impending lack of interest?
      hahahaha, lack of interest? In the last trellis frame Duc produced? There will NEVER be a lack of interest for that bike & if you ever rode one you'd know why. It's a nuke plant on wheels
      www.desmolition.com

      Follow me on Facebook at ducatiscotty

    5. Member Spectaculiciousnes's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 12th, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, WA
      Posts
      3,675
      Vehicles
      '78 Rabbit; '85 Quantum wagon; '82 Callaway Rabbit truck; '02 Eurovam MV; '10 Ducati 1198S Corse
      04-27-2012 02:08 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by U n i o n 0015 View Post
      If you're an East Coaster that would be an awesome deal. $600 plane ticket, a chance to site see, and purchase a sweet bike.
      exactly. Plus no sales tax in Oregon so you don't have to pay that until you register it in your state
      www.desmolition.com

      Follow me on Facebook at ducatiscotty

    6. Senior Member Metallitubby's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      21,074
      Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      04-27-2012 02:14 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Spectaculiciousnes View Post
      hahahaha, lack of interest? In the last trellis frame Duc produced? There will NEVER be a lack of interest for that bike & if you ever rode one you'd know why. It's a nuke plant on wheels
      Re-read. Impending lack of interest w/ the Panigale's entrance. I've ridden a Hayden 848 and it was PLENTY of badassedness for me. I wouldn't dismiss it's performance in a heartbeat, but I have a feeling a large-dark shadow will be cast over the 1098/1198 family for a while.

    7. Member Spectaculiciousnes's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 12th, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, WA
      Posts
      3,675
      Vehicles
      '78 Rabbit; '85 Quantum wagon; '82 Callaway Rabbit truck; '02 Eurovam MV; '10 Ducati 1198S Corse
      04-27-2012 02:19 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Re-read. Impending lack of interest w/ the Panigale's entrance. I've ridden a Hayden 848 and it was PLENTY of badassedness for me. I wouldn't dismiss it's performance in a heartbeat, but I have a feeling a large-dark shadow will be cast over the 1098/1198 family for a while.
      I don't think that will be the case here. There are a lot of purists that want a trellis frame, under tail exhaust & dry clutch on their Ducatis & don't want them any other way. Being the last model produced with those 3 things this bike will still be sought after. It's not going to be anything like the jump away from the 999 to the 1098. Most hated that bike for one reason or another. Mainly looks & non single sided swing arm, another purist preference
      www.desmolition.com

      Follow me on Facebook at ducatiscotty

    8. Senior Member Metallitubby's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      21,074
      Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      04-27-2012 02:25 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Spectaculiciousnes View Post
      I don't think that will be the case here.
      The Ducati dealer local to me said that they are getting a flood of interest in the Panigale, which is what I based that idea on. You would know more about their interest being a Ducati guy anyway.

    9. Member Spectaculiciousnes's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 12th, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, WA
      Posts
      3,675
      Vehicles
      '78 Rabbit; '85 Quantum wagon; '82 Callaway Rabbit truck; '02 Eurovam MV; '10 Ducati 1198S Corse
      04-27-2012 02:37 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      The Ducati dealer local to me said that they are getting a flood of interest in the Panigale, which is what I based that idea on. You would know more about their interest being a Ducati guy anyway.
      to be honest they've had floods of interest on EVERY new model they've put out in the last year. When the new Multi came out (the bike many say is the best all around Duc made) they sold 22 in the first month. Considering the all time monthly sales record for Ducati's in one month is 62 (held by them) that's a pretty good chunk of them. Same with the Diavel, they had like 7 pre sold before they even got them. But the fact that the 1199 beat out quarter million dollar WSB race bikes in time trials is nothing short of mind blowing. A bike you can walk right into your dealer & buy for roughly $20K beating out bikes with years of R&D & suspension tuning that cost 10 times as much is a big selling incentive so I expect to see these rolling out at record pace as well
      www.desmolition.com

      Follow me on Facebook at ducatiscotty

    10. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 1999
      Location
      The Blueass State
      Posts
      22,379
      04-27-2012 02:43 PM #10
      If there wasn't a lack of interest in it.... then why the desperation to get rid of the one they've got? Left overs are left overs for a reason
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

      James May claims that he knows when he is driving a car with character and panache because a fizzing sensation engulfs the root of his penis. -Clarkson

    11. Member Spectaculiciousnes's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 12th, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, WA
      Posts
      3,675
      Vehicles
      '78 Rabbit; '85 Quantum wagon; '82 Callaway Rabbit truck; '02 Eurovam MV; '10 Ducati 1198S Corse
      04-27-2012 03:28 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post
      If there wasn't a lack of interest in it.... then why the desperation to get rid of the one they've got? Left overs are left overs for a reason
      They have more than one left. This was the last one shipped to them so it's a symbolic deal. & probably because they're in the business of selling bikes. They're the largest sales volume Duc dealer in the nation the last few years believe it or not. Pretty good considering we have maybe only 6 month of GOOD riding in this climate
      www.desmolition.com

      Follow me on Facebook at ducatiscotty

    12. Member Mk1Racer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 16th, 1999
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      19,867
      Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      04-28-2012 12:01 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Spectaculiciousnes View Post
      Motocorsa just posted a photo of their last new 1198 & offered to fly any out of state buyers to Portland to buy it. Good chance for a free trip & only $16,495 for the bike

      I'm not much of a sport bike fan, but that's a damn good looking bike right there!
      Quote Originally Posted by MRVW00
      2 dudes on a bike is too gay for even me

    13. Member
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2007
      Location
      CSprings, CO
      Posts
      538
      04-28-2012 03:00 AM #13
      So much interest in the old school trellis they'll pay $500 just to get someone out there to buy it? That's a neat deal, but screams that they don't have ANY local interest

    14. Member Spectaculiciousnes's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 12th, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, WA
      Posts
      3,675
      Vehicles
      '78 Rabbit; '85 Quantum wagon; '82 Callaway Rabbit truck; '02 Eurovam MV; '10 Ducati 1198S Corse
      04-28-2012 12:09 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by yz1337 View Post
      So much interest in the old school trellis they'll pay $500 just to get someone out there to buy it? That's a neat deal, but screams that they don't have ANY local interest
      yea, you MUST be right
      Ever heard the phrase it's better to keep your mouth closed & be thought a fool than to open it & prove to everyone you are? You just confirmed it for us. Thanks
      www.desmolition.com

      Follow me on Facebook at ducatiscotty

    15. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 1999
      Location
      The Blueass State
      Posts
      22,379
      04-29-2012 08:43 AM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by Spectaculiciousnes View Post
      They have more than one left. This was the last one shipped to them so it's a symbolic deal. & probably because they're in the business of selling bikes.
      All dealers are in the biz of selling bikes so it sounds more like a publicity stunt to get more people talking about their dealership, which is a sales move and seems to work since we are talking about them here and providing them free advertising
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

      James May claims that he knows when he is driving a car with character and panache because a fizzing sensation engulfs the root of his penis. -Clarkson

    16. Member
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2007
      Location
      CSprings, CO
      Posts
      538
      04-29-2012 09:16 AM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Spectaculiciousnes View Post
      yea, you MUST be right
      Ever heard the phrase it's better to keep your mouth closed & be thought a fool than to open it & prove to everyone you are? You just confirmed it for us. Thanks
      brother, I appreciate your love for ducatis and your devotion to the brand, but name calling makes you seem petty and weak. Sorry if this deal seems like they aren't exactly fighting off the local customers clamoring for 1198s now that the Panigale is coming.

      I've respected you up to this point, but because I questioned this publicity stunt you get grumpy with me? I apologize for offending your delicate ducatisti sensibilities, but pull your head out of your ass. Maybe lay off the koolaid for a bit and have a geritol and a nap.

    17. 05-01-2012 02:06 PM #17
      beautiful bike, but I'm way too stupid to own one.
      TDI | GTI | FLHXI | PVW 02/09

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •