Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 12 of 12

    Thread: 2012 Recalls thread.

    1. Member wh1te09gti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 12th, 2009
      Location
      West Milford, NJ
      Posts
      1,007
      Vehicles
      '12 Urano Gray CC R-Line 6MT
      04-27-2012 04:41 PM #1
      Just received phone call from dealership that my '12 cc is eligible for below recalls:
      - owner manual pages update.... what??
      - update starting table. whats that?
      - passenger seat slider.

      Anyone had completed these recalls before?

      it sound to me like waste of the time to make appointment and go there, might as well have that done while doing 90 day inspection.

      I would be more happy about water pump recall then update owner manual..

    2. Member KOWCC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 30th, 2012
      Location
      SE MICH
      Posts
      2,955
      Vehicles
      2012 CW CC LUX LTD DSG
      04-27-2012 05:30 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by wh1te09gti View Post
      Just received phone call from dealership that my '12 cc is eligible for below recalls:
      - owner manual pages update.... what??
      - update starting table. whats that?
      - passenger seat slider.

      Anyone had completed these recalls before?

      it sound to me like waste of the time to make appointment and go there, might as well have that done while doing 90 day inspection.

      I would be more happy about water pump recall then update owner manual..
      I have a 12, what issues are you having with the water pump? are you also smelling coolant in the cockpit from time to itme?

    3. 04-27-2012 11:29 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by KOWCC View Post
      I have a 12, what issues are you having with the water pump? are you also smelling coolant in the cockpit from time to itme?
      I have smelled the coolant the first few times I used the heat. It will be cold here in the morning and I'll be driving to work. Let's see if it has gone away or not. I'll let you know. Thanks for bringing this up.

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 25th, 2009
      Location
      NOVA
      Posts
      2,575
      Vehicles
      2012 CC R line, 61 Merc. 220b
      04-27-2012 11:35 PM #4
      the manual update is probably the same thing my dad got in the mail... apparently they put down the wrong torque specs for tightening the wheels. i found it quite odd that they would recall it just for that, but understandable.

    5. Member wh1te09gti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 12th, 2009
      Location
      West Milford, NJ
      Posts
      1,007
      Vehicles
      '12 Urano Gray CC R-Line 6MT
      04-28-2012 03:23 AM #5
      i can't smell coolant...yet but, when i called and tried to make appointment to get water pump checked i was told to wait with it until complete failure (coolant all over engine bay) ... i guess they have discount with towing company.
      Last edited by wh1te09gti; 04-28-2012 at 03:27 AM.

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 9th, 2012
      Location
      Jacksonville, Florida
      Posts
      332
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC Sport Reflex Silver
      04-28-2012 08:58 AM #6
      Hello,

      I have a 2012 Sport. Do you know if all VIN's have the waterpump recall or is it just specific VIN's? Did they really tell you to wait until it dies? that makes no sense. what happens if you're on the road?

    7. Member randyvr6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 17th, 1999
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      3,381
      Vehicles
      2012 CC R Line, 2007 Passat Wagon, 2001 Jetta VR6, 1993 Corrado SLC, 1973 Ford Capri
      04-28-2012 01:02 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by martinelles View Post
      Hello,

      I have a 2012 Sport. Do you know if all VIN's have the waterpump recall or is it just specific VIN's? Did they really tell you to wait until it dies? that makes no sense. what happens if you're on the road?
      There is no water pump recall. The OP was just stating he wish there was one. The replacement of a water pump would be handled under warranty, thus the dealer saying it has to start leaking coolant before they will replace it. No car company will replace parrts under warranty for something that could/might occur.

    8. 04-28-2012 02:55 PM #8
      i had the water pump replaced in my '10 CC 2.0T .. Here are the symptoms of a water pump failure.
      1. Coolant smell in the cabinet
      2. The level of the coolant in the reserve tank continuously decreases ....( it takes a couple of months before the level is really low )
      3. Check for leaked water coolant in the engine bay


      I heard it's common failure in the CC, yet no recall from VW !!

    9. Junior Member Logical's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 29th, 2012
      Location
      North NJ
      Posts
      50
      Vehicles
      '12 VW CC Sport
      04-29-2012 11:30 PM #9
      I have not had any coolant smell in my '12 Sport. However i just got a new clutch as the original apparently had a faulty fitment and just burnt away. Car didn't even hit 4000 miles yet. Ill keep an eye out for other problems. I don't understand vw and their silly water pumps.

    10. Member snobrdrdan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2008
      Location
      Southeast Michigan
      Posts
      7,395
      Vehicles
      2014 VW
      04-30-2012 06:18 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Logical View Post
      However i just got a new clutch as the original apparently had a faulty fitment and just burnt away
      What were the symptoms, or how'd you know?

    11. Member wh1te09gti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 12th, 2009
      Location
      West Milford, NJ
      Posts
      1,007
      Vehicles
      '12 Urano Gray CC R-Line 6MT
      04-30-2012 12:03 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Logical View Post
      I have not had any coolant smell in my '12 Sport. However i just got a new clutch as the original apparently had a faulty fitment and just burnt away. Car didn't even hit 4000 miles yet. Ill keep an eye out for other problems. I don't understand vw and their silly water pumps.
      Where did You go to get clutch replaced ? I've been servicing my cars at cresmont vw. good ppl.

    12. Junior Member Logical's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 29th, 2012
      Location
      North NJ
      Posts
      50
      Vehicles
      '12 VW CC Sport
      05-01-2012 07:07 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
      What were the symptoms, or how'd you know?
      The clutch pedal was sticking to the damn floor! haha. Plus i had a really nasty burnt clutch smell under the hood. Im not an idiot I've been driving manual since I'm 17 on a 150k+ A4 with a stock clutch. Now all is well, my salesman said the contact points were prematurely worn. The report stated it was poor fitment

      Quote Originally Posted by wh1te09gti
      Where did You go to get clutch replaced ? I've been servicing my cars at cresmont vw. good ppl.
      Hey thats where i got my car! they are great there, timely service and amazing attitudes. Some of their staff came to eurofest with a '13 CC and a Golf R.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •