Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: What is the 'AUX' setting in the MFD2 nav headunit for?

Vehicles
      2008 UG .:R32
      04-27-2012 05:05 PM #1
      I just picked up an '08 R32 with factory nav. It also has the OEM ipod adapter in the armrest and OEM bluetooth installed. When I push CD on the headunit I get the CD1, CD2, etc. that corresponds to the playlists on the ipod. There is also and 'AUX' setting and when I select it I get nothing. Is this for another adapter that can be hooked up to the headunit? Or is there another input in the car hiding somewhere already?

2. Member
      Vehicles
      08 Passat, 09 Routan
      04-30-2012 11:52 PM #2
      Check inside the glovebox on the upper right side. You might have an Aux in there.

3. 05-03-2012 05:09 PM #3
      The AUX function is for a feed from a separate connector in the rear of the unit.

It can be connected up to a media adapter or tv / DVD module.

I have mine connected up that way and it plugs into my iPhone, plays music and video on the mfd2 screen too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2008 UG .:R32
      05-05-2012 09:33 AM #4
      Thanks, you are correct, theres a 3.5mm jack in the glovebox. Strange tho, i plugged my iphone in and audio is only coming out of the right side speakers? Weird.

Definitely interested in an adapter to hook up my iphone and charge it and play music. Link to that? The oem ipod adapter in the center console wont charge the iphone4.

5. 05-05-2012 01:41 PM #5
      I got an mfd2 media unit off eBay for £85, pccm I think it was, from Germany or Poland.....
      It has an input for RCA connectors and a rear view camera, I then got a dual iPhone charger to USB plug and RCA outputs off eBay for £8.
      Then wired a USB car charger socket off the rear of the cigarette lighter socket and placed it all out of site behind the aircon controls, I put a Brodit iPhone charger dock on the dash.
      Simple sit the phone in the dock to control the iPod on the phones screen then press the AUX button and you get your music through all speakers and videos on your mfd2 screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk