Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: My first drive in a Golf R today

Vehicles
      Golf R
      04-27-2012 09:01 PM #1
      I'm a tech at a VW dealer and I ordered an R a few weeks ago. Still not sure if I'm gonna be getting a 12 or 13 though. I ordered a RB 4 door. We had a 2 door in a while ago but I was busy and one of the other guys did the PDI on it. Today we got one in for a friend of mine and I got the chance to PDI it and drive it. I'm coming from what was a modified Evo X, FYI. The car felt really nice. The main reason I'm getting out of my Evo is because it has no trunk space and I can't stand the transmission. The R felt smooth through all gear changes as I expected it would, the acceleration was decent but not breath taking by any means but what was a pleasant suprise was the braking feel, it stopped way better than I expected. The interior is very nice (I love black headliners) and the nav looked ok but I expected way more from the dynaudio which I believe is the dynaudi lite. It sounded like the speakers were blown already, they were plain crap. Also the steering wheel was crooked to the point that I'm gonna have to align this thing before delivery. Over all it seems like a really nice car and I am not gonna be unhappy with my purchase as it meets all my requirements with extra cargo room for my little one I was just annoyed with the stereo. I think I'm gonna be replacing all the factory speakers right off the bat. Anyone else disapointed with the factory stereo and upgraded already?
      Quality used cars in NJ - Mention vwvortex for special pricing.
      www.facebook.com/scurtisales

2. Member
      Vehicles
      '14 CC R-Line, '12 Golf R
      04-27-2012 10:14 PM #2
      Eh? My DynAudio is excellent and perfect. It could use a more sub for enhanced hooliganism but for quality it is excellent.

3. 04-27-2012 10:40 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by jsausley View Post
      Eh? My DynAudio is excellent and perfect. It could use a more sub for enhanced hooliganism but for quality it is excellent.
      agreed.

Vehicles
      2010 MkVI MT TDI Golf, 2000 B5 4M Passat Wagon
      04-27-2012 10:48 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by jsausley View Post
      X3.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      04-27-2012 11:33 PM #5
      Dynaudio speakers sound good to these ears. Especially after unplugging that goofy Soundaktor noisemaker.