Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: J & J Custom Interior - Recaro Diaphragms????

Vehicles
      84 GTI 2.0 16v
      04-28-2012 12:08 AM #1
      Has anybody bought from this company before? I have called (253) 235-2320 and left 2 messages twice over 2 weeks with no response. Emailed Info@JJCustomInterior.com once with the email returned saying the email address is not a working email.

I bought a pair of what I think are Trophy Recaros (but I am not sure), that have damaged diaphragms and I need replacements. I am unsure of what I ordering since since there seems to be different VW Recaro models and I might need dowels and hooks, which are not included. (I am not sure if the difference is between the different models of VW Recaro seats or other car company's Recaro seats and if I can us my old dowels and hooks)

Can anyone know how to get a hold of this company? Are they worth dealing with if you can get a hold of J & J? I realize that I can order on the J & J website but I am not sure what I am ordering.

Is there a better company to deal with for Recaro replacement parts?

Thank you for the help.

Vehicles
      1989 VW GLI Helios,E34,E30 & E36 cabrio
      04-28-2012 01:03 AM #2
      I bought the Replacement Diaphragms from Ron (JJCustomInterior) off his website ,and was a little hesitant also,but he sent them promptly after I bought them for my Helios Recaros. They are really great quality so I am glad I got them from him. The only other option is this place in the UK that is ok to deal with I have heard ,but very expensive to get stuff from them. Plus if you get the stuff from Ron you are supporting the VW community here. The stock Diaphragms are very good quality ,but that is all you can get from the place in the UK. I think the ones Ron sells (makes) are a lot better. At least, that is my impression from installing them in my GLI. I got pics of them in my repair thread that I made last year.

If you have Trophy Recaros then they will be Gray diagonal slashed kindof cloth material on the centers and Black vinyl on the bolsters. They will also have remove able power bases (or should).
      Last edited by WERDNA75; 04-28-2012 at 01:06 AM.

Vehicles
      89 GTI 90 Audi Coupe Quattro 2011 4 door GTI
      04-28-2012 01:58 AM #3
      I've bought many things from Ron over the years including a fully reupholstered set of recaros. But he had a lot of health issues recently. His adrenal gland is all screwed up. Not sure if his girlfriend who does most of the upholstery work is working on stuff without him or not.
      Flickr
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Knappy View Post
      We really need breeding standards like they have with dogs.
      Quote Originally Posted by pete@blackforest View Post
      I remember when people modified their Volkswagen to enhance the driving experience. What ever happened to Fahrvergnugen? Bags are for kids that grew up watching Pimp My Ride. Turbo is for all of us that enjoy actual motorsport.

Vehicles
      08 Mars Red C class Benz, 91 Jetta 1.6TD....
      04-29-2012 08:48 PM #4
      Got diaphragms a few months back, had them cross country in a week, very happy

Vehicles
      84 GTI 2.0 16v
      02-03-2013 11:00 PM #5
      So I have been a slacker. I haven't messed with these seats in awhile (because we had a baby), but able to get back on task now. I have called these guys for 2 weeks (about every other day) and left a message or two and sent an email with no response. I heard about the the owner has a lot of health problems in the past.

What happened to J & J Custom Interiors? Their website is no more, but they still have a facebook page which they have posted on in the time I have called and emailed.

Is there anybody else selling seat diaphragms state side?

Has anybody order from across the pond at Capital Seating and what is typical international shipping like?

Would love to give J & J the business but they are AWOL and need an alternative.

Thanks for the help guys.

Vehicles
      B 5.5 4mo wagon, B3 wagon,MK1 cabby LB3V,
      02-04-2013 12:01 AM #6
      Us guys in the south east use kip love,
      3847 Georgia 42, Locust Grove, GA
      (678) 432-2005
      His work is unreal I know he can help you
      SOWO