Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Re-wire GROM adapter possible on Concert II

1. 04-28-2012 12:13 AM #1
      I just received my grom i-pod/bluetooth adapter, but I ordered the wrong cable I was planning on getting this all swapped out this weekend, and I pulled the head unit to make sure the cable would work, and its wrong. I guess I ordered the cable to get put back by the CD changer behind my seat (04 roadster). I tried to reach my hand back there, but its won't fit.

So instead of me taking the time to return this cable and wait for a new one I was thinking I could still get it to work. Could I not just unplug the CD changer from the back of the head unit, pull the pin/wires out, cut the end of the harness I was sent and just repin the stock adapter? I know I might have to do some soldering and that is fine, just wanted to know if the pin outs are the same from the cd changer to the back of the head unit?

I have an 04 roadster with the Concert II head unit. Pulling the CD changer is WAY out of the question. WAY too much work to get that thing out.

Think my idea will work?

Ken~

2. 04-28-2012 02:26 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by kmusk01 View Post
      I just received my grom i-pod/bluetooth adapter, but I ordered the wrong cable I was planning on getting this all swapped out this weekend, and I pulled the head unit to make sure the cable would work, and its wrong. I guess I ordered the cable to get put back by the CD changer behind my seat (04 roadster). I tried to reach my hand back there, but its won't fit.

So instead of me taking the time to return this cable and wait for a new one I was thinking I could still get it to work. Could I not just unplug the CD changer from the back of the head unit, pull the pin/wires out, cut the end of the harness I was sent and just repin the stock adapter? I know I might have to do some soldering and that is fine, just wanted to know if the pin outs are the same from the cd changer to the back of the head unit?

I have an 04 roadster with the Concert II head unit. Pulling the CD changer is WAY out of the question. WAY too much work to get that thing out.

Think my idea will work?

Ken~
      ive done this to my car already ecept the problem was revesed ill look for my thread its got all the info you need
      I'm Phat cause I'm force fed.

3. 04-28-2012 02:30 AM #3
      here you go http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...changer-pinout oh snap i just relized concert 2 so i dont know if it helps
      Last edited by taverncustoms; 04-28-2012 at 02:35 AM.
      I'm Phat cause I'm force fed.

4. 04-28-2012 09:17 AM #4
      Yeah I saw that thread and have it bookmarked. Going to pull the head unit and look at the wiring. Figure if I am lucky I can just cut the end off the cable they sent me. Cut the end off the stock cable from back of radio. Use the stock adapter end to insert my cable ends and be good.

If not I might just scratch the whole thing and just buy a new head unit. For the price that I have into this I might be better off.

Ken~