Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Is the HTC One X the best Android phone currently available in the market?

1. 04-28-2012 01:10 AM #1
      What are your thoughts on the HTC One X? Specs on paper looks amazing including that amazing 720p screen. LTE is a bonus. If you were to buy an Android phone in the next few weeks, would this be on your list? If you had to compare it with another flagship Android phone, which one would it be?

Vehicles
      335i | zx6r
      04-28-2012 09:54 AM #2
      I saw a few videos on youtube. I have the HTC Sensation, I love it.

Im really jealous of that 720 screen.

3. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      04-28-2012 11:21 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
      What are your thoughts on the HTC One X? Specs on paper looks amazing including that amazing 720p screen. LTE is a bonus. If you were to buy an Android phone in the next few weeks, would this be on your list? If you had to compare it with another flagship Android phone, which one would it be?
      HTC One X like the Moto Razr will be the top phone for about one month until the SGS3 comes out then it becomes just another step behind the competition phone.

It's a nice phone no question, my guess is for modding you will have to unlock the bootloader to do that while almost all Sammy phones can be rooted easily.

Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI, 2014 4Runner SR5
      04-28-2012 11:59 PM #4
      I'm on AT&T and have one preordered, I'm going to keep an eye on the Samsung release on the 3rd, but I demo'd a One X today for a while and was thoroughly impressed

that said, I'm nervous about the lack of a removable battery and no expandable storage. We'll see what happens though, I really like it, the LTE is blazing fast, it was very responsive, no lag, very lightweight, camera was excellent, yada yada yada

Still, the Galaxy S III could be a game changer and may be worth waiting for if it will drop soon stateside

Vehicles
      08' Jetta
      04-30-2012 09:49 AM #5
      on paper the phone is very impressive...but after reading some actual user reviews, it is not looking that great.

the camera is lagging behind even the Galaxy nexus in many categories.
      Sense is still Sense and has little hesitations/ unnecessary animations that make it seem slightly slower than a stock android phone.
      the hard keys and how the phone handles the "menu" button is a step backwards.
      the non removable battery is a killer as well

however the phone does have some good things...mainly the screen. it is pretty great. slightly better than my galaxy nexus. however, i dont find myself in envy of the screen until i put them side by side.
      also the quad core (or dual core s4) chip is fast, but in every day use, my nexus seemed just as quick if not slightly quicker. however, i could see how the OneX would outdo the nexus in graphic intense games. but i am not a serious mobile gamer so i see no gain here.

all in all, its a great phone...but i would still buy the galaxy nexus over the OneX if i had the chance. however the SGS3 may change my mind...however, if the leaked images are correct, i will find it VERY hard to buy another phone that doesn't use onscreen navigation buttons. its a feature i LOVE about ICS and want to see it on every phone from here on out.

05-03-2012 12:07 PM #6
      I'm with T-Mobile and on the verge of switching over to the One-S (aka One-X). Currently I have the Google G2 phone. The reviews on the T-mobile site seem to be loving this phone.

Does any one know of any other phones coming out this month or the next for TM? I have about 1.5 months left till I am eligible for an upgrade, but sales rep said I could upgrade a couple of months earlier if I wanted to since I have been a member ever since I had my first cell phone.

Vehicles
      1994 Ford Temp GL
      05-03-2012 12:17 PM #7
      Samsung is announcing the Galaxy S3 in about 2 hours. Other than that, I haven't seen anything in the pipeline.
      Rick
      1994 Ford Tempo GL

05-03-2012 12:40 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by bombardi View Post
      I'm with T-Mobile and on the verge of switching over to the One-S (aka One-X). Currently I have the Google G2 phone. The reviews on the T-mobile site seem to be loving this phone.

Does any one know of any other phones coming out this month or the next for TM? I have about 1.5 months left till I am eligible for an upgrade, but sales rep said I could upgrade a couple of months earlier if I wanted to since I have been a member ever since I had my first cell phone.
      They're actually 2 different models entirely, there's also the One V

Vehicles
      1994 Ford Temp GL
      05-03-2012 12:43 PM #9
      The international One X has a Quad Core Tegra 3 CPU
      US One X has a Snapdragon S4 Dual Core
      One S has the same S4

The One S has a smaller, lower res, pentile screen.
      Rick
      1994 Ford Tempo GL