Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: New B6 Owner...Few questions about wheel specs

Vehicles
      Bagged -Big Turbo -MK4 and Slammed B6 A4 1.8TQ
      04-28-2012 09:54 AM #1
      Just picked up a B6 A4 1.8T Quattro a few months ago.

Specs.
      APR Stage 1+
      TT 225 Injectors
      PODI Boost Gauge in pod

I am wanting to stance it a lil on some wheels and just found a good deal on some LMs. I am not sure if i can run these sizes and if anyone has any pics of there setup that is close to it..

19x8.5 ET32
      19x10 ET45

Anyone ever done a 10 in the rear of quattro and if so lets see some pics i dont want major poke i just want it kinda sit flush maybe a lil poke and look good its my daily and want it to look awesome

2. 04-30-2012 03:03 PM #2
      With quattro, you don't want to differ that much in wheel width between the front and rear wheels. The larger difference can result in damage to the differentials. A one inch difference in width is considered the maximum safest difference allowed.

As for the offsets. Many wheels with an ET32 offset will do nicely to push the wheel out to the edge. Depending on the tires used, you might need to slightly roll the edges of the fenders (if the sidewall on the tires is square instead of rounded).

I run during the summer a set of 19x9 ET 32 OZ Superleggera III wheels with no issues. If you have a big brake kit, you'll want to also check for caliper clearance (which could be resolved by using spacers).

Everything else is up to your own personal taste.