DFW MAP RALLY
The DFW Map Rally, starting at Eagles Canyon Raceway neat Decatur, Texas on June 2, will present you with 10 locations in Wise and Jack counties. You will have to figure out how to visit all 10 spots in the shortest distance, using maps that we provide. If you think GPS and Google Maps can help you, then enter in class E, where any electronic aids are allowed. In class S, no electronics are allowed. Preregister now at tinyurl.com/DMR12msr.
• Odo check start: Shell Station at US 380 and Farm to Market 51 in Decatur.
• Registration Part 1: 9:00am plus your car number on Rally Day. Sign the waiver, receive your instructions for the odometer check, which ends near Eagles Canyon Raceway (ECR) on FM 51.
• Registration Part 2: Opens when first car arrives from the odo check at ECR. Traditional rally check-in performed here.
• Take up to 30 minutes to determine your route from maps provided.
• First car out about 10:15.
• Length: as short as you can make it in miles, probably about 4 hours in time
• Finish: Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes, 201 W. Main, Decatur, Texas
• Route: You choose your route from maps provided. You may use unpaved roads.
• Classes: E (electronic aids such as GPS, map programs allowed); S (no GPS or any other electronics allowed).
• Special award to the first-time rallyist with the best score, not otherwise placing.
• Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, Hot Rods, Cruisers, Speedsters, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: "speed" is not a factor.
• Rally Fee: $30.00. SCCA Members: $10.00 discount. A $5.00 late fee will be assessed to anyone not preregistered online. You must pay with registration at motorsportReg.com .
• Rally Master: John Poulos. Course Marshall: George Fink.
For more information, go to www.texasscca.org/rallytime .
Join us! We had one VW enter our Wild Irish Roads rally last month.