Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Valve Cover Leak?

Hybrid View

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.0T DSG
      04-28-2012 10:40 PM #1
      Problem: Valve Cover leak?

Solution?: Have warranty until June, but VW wont fix until it starts leaking to the floor...

Saw it was leaking when I was changing my spark plugs about 1 month ago before I had any mods on my car. Such as CAI like I do now..

Went straight to VW the next day to get it fixed, they ended up replacing my PCV valve witch is good but told me " We can't fix your valve cover because it is not dripping to the floor so your warranty won't cover it yet.."

It's been a month and finally I think it's leaking?

What do you think guys? I am gona call them tomorrow to make an appointment asap so I can get it fixed.

Also is there ANY other problems that 2008 FSI 2.0T Jetta's have?? I've been reading about problems with Fuel pumps and such? But are there any other so I can tell them to fix r check for other issues?

Here is a video so you guys can see..

Please don't talk negatively.

Thanks guys!

Vehicles
      06 jetta 2.5
      04-29-2012 07:09 AM #2
      Loosen a bolt, help it leak a little more....
      ALWAYS Mention VwVortex FOR OUR DISCOUNTS!!!Need a Quality Mechanic? J's REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE, PLAINFIELD, IL VAG-COM EQUIPPED-815-556-0027 01E/01X TRANSMISSION REBUILDER BEST price for OEM VW parts- ERIC @ autobarn vw (mt prospect, IL_they ship) 866-308-0049 Need paint work? Collision Revision Plainfield, il talk with Tony Combs 815-439-7401

3. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2008.5/VW/GTI
      04-29-2012 07:57 AM #3
      I had my valve cover gasket replaced under warranty it was for a 2008.5 GTI and it was not leaking much as it was not dripping to the ground...so I think they are BSing you bro!

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.0T DSG
      04-29-2012 09:05 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Anseladams007 View Post
      I had my valve cover gasket replaced under warranty it was for a 2008.5 GTI and it was not leaking much as it was not dripping to the ground...so I think they are BSing you bro!
      Wow you serious?? Damn i gotta find a new service place to go to then.. I think they are bs me cause i asked them to make my car doors to close smooth and no wind to go in while driving they said now we cant do it.

Im calling them today
      Quote Originally Posted by boradie sucht View Post
      what good does searching do anymore? say in 2 years when new people come on and have questions and decide to search first. and then this thread pops up, when its all idiots like you telling him to search.
      whats the point of that, either contribute or STFU

5. 04-29-2012 09:43 AM #5
      Mine was replaced under warranty without any hassle. Dealer was in NJ though.

6. 04-29-2012 12:53 PM #6
      I just bought a new VCG and am going to replace it myself. I just wonder if i can get away with just doing the VCG or if i have to do any other gaskets if i remove the valve cover.

The 'oil not dripping to the ground' line is bull****. If it's not performing the way that it was originally designed (ie, not leaking at all) then it needs to be replaced. Thats like saying, "Well i can see the radials in my tires, but they havent blown yet, so they're okay."

Go elsewhere, and call VWoA to report your ****ty service department.

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.0T DSG
      04-29-2012 01:00 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by FahrenheitFarmer View Post
      I just bought a new VCG and am going to replace it myself. I just wonder if i can get away with just doing the VCG or if i have to do any other gaskets if i remove the valve cover.

The 'oil not dripping to the ground' line is bull****. If it's not performing the way that it was originally designed (ie, not leaking at all) then it needs to be replaced. Thats like saying, "Well i can see the radials in my tires, but they havent blown yet, so they're okay."

Go elsewhere, and call VWoA to report your ****ty service department.
      Ya man They told this

There are three stages to the warranty..

1) Initial problem, seeing there is an issue ( We will NOT fix it on this stage.)

2) Problem getting worse and getting bigger ( We will NOT fix it at this stage)

3) The problem has gone really bad and it is hitting the ground, then your warranty will cover it and fix it. ( NOW WE WILL FIX IT.)

So when I went there I was at Stage 2..... So they told me they can't fix it because the problem has to reach stage 3 in order to fix it...

Bull**** man.. I'm gonna go somewhere else.

Vehicles
      2008 Jetta 2.5, 1996 Rustbucket
      04-29-2012 01:01 PM #8
      Tell them to show you documentation where the warranty won't cover it until it drips to the floor. I can't believe they actually said that. Sounds idiotic. If its leaking then it needs to be replaced. Shouldn't matter how much its leaking, it's not supposed to do that.
      They're going to their house over there.
      You're not utilizing your education properly.

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.0T DSG
      04-29-2012 01:04 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by MKVJET08 View Post
      Tell them to show you documentation where the warranty won't cover it until it drips to the floor. I can't believe they actually said that. Sounds idiotic. If its leaking then it needs to be replaced. Shouldn't matter how much its leaking, it's not supposed to do that.
      Exactly what I said man and they kept on saying we won't get any money because it is not at stage 3 so it won't be covered..

Idiots man, but thanks for everones info.

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.0T DSG
      04-29-2012 04:18 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by stratclub View Post
      Did you try snugging the VC screws? Common problem on some Dubs. Would take all of 5 minutes and might even fix the problem.
      What do you mean the vc screws? Can you explain a little more
      what good does searching do anymore? say in 2 years when new people come on and have questions and decide to search first. and then this thread pops up, when its all idiots like you telling him to search.

11. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2008.5/VW/GTI
      04-29-2012 06:43 PM #11
      I do think they a BSing you big time bro...i brought mine in for inspection and told them about it ...they looked at it and said yes the gasket needs to be replaced and its covered..so no charge...they also replaced a couple other things...which without looking at the paperwork...i just cant remember off the top of my head....

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.0T DSG
      04-29-2012 09:07 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Anseladams007 View Post
      I do think they a BSing you big time bro...i brought mine in for inspection and told them about it ...they looked at it and said yes the gasket needs to be replaced and its covered..so no charge...they also replaced a couple other things...which without looking at the paperwork...i just cant remember off the top of my head....
      Hmm I am def calling them tomorrow I have to get this done asap because I am starting work on Thurs so won't have time...

Also you able to check your paperwork so you can tell me maybe? So I can see if my car has those problems or tell them to check.

Thanks

Vehicles
      06 MKV GLI
      04-30-2012 12:43 AM #13
      i say spill some oil yourself so it reaches stage 3.

Vehicles
      MKV Jetta
      04-30-2012 01:06 AM #14
      Am I the only one so far to realize... YOU CAN CRAWL UNDER YOUR DAMN CAR?!

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.0T DSG
      04-30-2012 07:25 AM #15
      Lol aris

Quote Originally Posted by Steeze_Its View Post
      Am I the only one so far to realize... YOU CAN CRAWL UNDER YOUR DAMN CAR?!
      Huh?

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.0T DSG
      04-30-2012 05:08 PM #16
      Alright well i just went to the VW service they told me it wont void my warranty UNLESS my CAI cause the valve cover to leak. also it wont void anything else unless the cai cause a problem..

they will fix my car tomorrow. I'm dropping it off in the morning. Then they are giving me a lift to my school, arent they nice?