Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Car tracks slightly left after new tires/alignment

Vehicles
      2015 VW GTI, 2007 VW GTI (sold), 2007 Lexus IS250
      04-29-2012 02:45 AM #1
      I just got new Continental DWS tires put on my '07 GTI. The tires themselves are really incredible. But I noticed after I had an alignment the car tracks very slightly left when the steering wheel is totally straight. It only seems to do this sometimes, almost like depending on the pavement. I did get a chance to see the printout from the alignment and all specs were green, which I'm assuming means within range. Could the alignment be causing this problem or could it be something else totally? Thanks.
      Need VAG-COM work in CNY? PM me!

OEM+

Vehicles
      04-30-2012 01:00 AM #2
      Anyone?

OEM+

3. Junior Member
      04-30-2012 10:24 PM #3
      Under inflated tire(s) on left hand side?

Also, could be torque steering the car as the power is distributed differently then your last set of wheels. Try speeding away rapidly from a standstill while not touching your steering wheel. If your steering wheel jerks itself to the left just by putting the power down then it may be torque.

Vehicles
      05-01-2012 12:27 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by veearrsicks View Post
      Under inflated tire(s) on left hand side?

Also, could be torque steering the car as the power is distributed differently then your last set of wheels. Try speeding away rapidly from a standstill while not touching your steering wheel. If your steering wheel jerks itself to the left just by putting the power down then it may be torque.
      I'm not so sure about it being the tires. All of the pressures are exactly the same (I set them at 36). There aren't any leaks either. Is there any chance at all that the alignment might be off in the front, or does this sort of thing usually not have anything to do with that? I will try taking my hands off the wheel from a stop and see what happens.

OEM+

5. Junior Member
      05-01-2012 05:04 PM #5
      I don't have any other guess except an improperly balanced wheel but keep seeking advice anyway.

you could try taking it back and asking them to realign it. it's a nice car i think they would appreciate how much it means for you to have that alignment be dead on