Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: APR Stage 2+ at the strip.

Vehicles
      1999 Audi A4 Quattro
      04-30-2012 10:22 PM #36
      on ****ty tires i ran a 14.2 with so much spin and wheel hop your head would hurt. i could easily hit 13s with better tires im unitronic stage 2 so im kind of suprised you arnt a bit lower. Im guessing it being your first time you would need to get used to it . i know i did, drag racing takes some time getting used to.
      Quote Originally Posted by bryangb View Post
      Wheel gap on VW's is much like a girl. If you can fit three fingers than it's not a keeper.

Vehicles
      '08|Wolfsburg|Static|2.0T|MT
      04-30-2012 10:26 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by vortexn View Post
      on ****ty tires i ran a 14.2 with so much spin and wheel hop your head would hurt. i could easily hit 13s with better tires im unitronic stage 2 so im kind of suprised you arnt a bit lower. Im guessing it being your first time you would need to get used to it . i know i did, drag racing takes some time getting used to.
      Yeah most likely. Also, not sure if this is true or not but, I've heard that the UNI tune is more aggressive than APR's tune. Either way it wasn't really about trying to get a super fast time, I just thought I'd post for reference. It was extremely fun regardless
      Quote Originally Posted by cbs_24 View Post
      We don't want to see pictures of your poverty Jetta in this thread. Why is it so hard to understand?

Vehicles
      1999 Audi A4 Quattro
      04-30-2012 10:27 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by s t a y g o l d View Post
      Yeah most likely. Also, not sure if this is true or not but, I've heard that the UNI tune is more aggressive than APR's tune. Either way it wasn't really about trying to get a super fast time, I just thought I'd post for reference. It was extremely fun regardless
      ofcourse, I loved going to the track but i think this year sence my funds are little, im going to take some crappy 16s with decent tires so i dont roast my good ones lol
      Wheel gap on VW's is much like a girl. If you can fit three fingers than it's not a keeper.

Vehicles
      '08 GTI, '12 Beetle, '91 Passat
      04-30-2012 10:36 PM #39
      I love the "I heard uni's tune is more aggressive..." quote.

Didn't another thread show the uni had more boost yet was practically dead even power-wise with apr's "less aggressive low boost" tune?

Just because you saw someone say it on vortex doesn't mean it's always true
      // Open Road Tuning
      Instagram: @bryangb
      bags and wheels = build thread

Vehicles
      04-30-2012 10:44 PM #40
      I love the "I heard uni's tune is more aggressive..." quote.

Didn't another thread show the uni had more boost yet was practically dead even power-wise with apr's "less aggressive low boost" tune?

Just because you saw someone say it on vortex doesn't mean it's always true
      Read the entire post mister. "NOT SURE IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT." I forgive you, without you even asking
      We don't want to see pictures of your poverty Jetta in this thread. Why is it so hard to understand?

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 GTI
      04-30-2012 11:06 PM #41
      UNI tune isn't any more aggressive necessarily. From what I've seen, slightly more horsepower, but slightly less torque. It could be a wash.

I'm in SoCal, so I know about the dry heat in AZ lol. 90 degrees was probably the main culprit honestly. Then there's how long you were sitting there idling before you got to run (heatsoak), physical track conditions, any slight grade the track may have, etc. It's really not fair to compare times unless you were at the same track, waiting in the same line, running in the same lane, at the same time....

Your best bet would be to compare your times to other people there that night. Were the cars that usually run 12s anywhere else in the country, running 13s? Etc. Same thing with dynos; too many factors to try to compare your numbers to someone elses.
      Quote Originally Posted by cracKness View Post
      You can buy a header?
      Is that like buying a pant at the Gap? You must be the person to go to when I'm looking for a scissor.

Vehicles
      04-30-2012 11:44 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by s t a y g o l d View Post
      I forgive you, without you even asking
      // Open Road Tuning

Vehicles
      05-01-2012 12:02 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHeggz View Post
      UNI tune isn't any more aggressive necessarily. From what I've seen, slightly more horsepower, but slightly less torque. It could be a wash.

I'm in SoCal, so I know about the dry heat in AZ lol. 90 degrees was probably the main culprit honestly. Then there's how long you were sitting there idling before you got to run (heatsoak), physical track conditions, any slight grade the track may have, etc. It's really not fair to compare times unless you were at the same track, waiting in the same line, running in the same lane, at the same time....

Your best bet would be to compare your times to other people there that night. Were the cars that usually run 12s anywhere else in the country, running 13s? Etc. Same thing with dynos; too many factors to try to compare your numbers to someone elses.

Yeah definitely, it was an event/car show also so it was PACKED. it was about a 15/20min wait per run. I'm definitely dreading the next few months of heat though, 100 degrees while the sun is down is retarded.

Honestly, I didn't really keep track of any other cars, although I DID race a MK6 GTI running w/m and he only ran a 14.3, so it was most likely the heat.

Vehicles
      05-01-2012 12:30 AM #44
      As fun as it may be, I wouldn't even bother paying to do a few runs in 90+ degree heat. Sitting there and idling waiting for your turn in that heat isn't much help either
      // Open Road Tuning

Vehicles
      05-01-2012 12:45 AM #45
      As fun as it may be, I wouldn't even bother paying to do a few runs in 90+ degree heat. Sitting there and idling waiting for your turn in that heat isn't much help either
      Well yeah, by myself definitely not. But when you go with 8-10 other guys in 5-6 other cars, its more about the camaraderie than anything. was a great time, plus 20 bucks to run as much as you can until midnight? not too bad. They had a burnout contest and food/drink etc. Plus they sell 106 octane fuel will definitely get some next time & run the 100octane program. it was a good time

Vehicles
      05-01-2012 01:02 AM #46
      $20 ain't too shabby. Throw beer in that list and I'm down
      // Open Road Tuning

Vehicles
      2009 BMP GTI DSG
      04-22-2013 12:47 PM #47
      Thread revival, now i have a GTi DSG stock i ran 14.8

BMP GTI DSG : Eurojet 3" downpipe : APR Stage 2 : DeAutokey LEDs : FK Streetline 13.4 @ 103
      Instagram: Eurolover23

13. 04-22-2013 01:50 PM #48
      altitude? Must be a factor

Vehicles
      2009 BMP GTI DSG
      04-22-2013 04:32 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by 02GTI-VR6-same1 View Post
      altitude? Must be a factor
      49.3 meters
      BMP GTI DSG : Eurojet 3" downpipe : APR Stage 2 : DeAutokey LEDs : FK Streetline 13.4 @ 103
      Instagram: Eurolover23

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12