Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: His and Her's MK6 Builds - 87Euro and TDIGLIsa GTI and Jetta Build Thread

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-02-2012 07:48 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by dstackmasta27 View Post
      You shouldn't have to pay anything/much extra to switch to the K04...right?

At the very least you will already have the bench flash labor paid for and they can port tune the upgrade

Also, thank you for your service.
      Guess I'll look into it more, might have been my stubborness, looks like I'm getting a deal on a BSH race intake so I might start modding a little sooner, I'm fighting it but but but. As of right now it will go on a shelf till after the events, but just got a TDY to Atlanta for Sunday

I did just throw down about 700 on her car, well it's all shipping right now, not to mention the rims and tires for it, and then I got the laminex for the headlights today, blue for her and I got the tint for lights and fogs.
      Sold my Fleet
      04 330i doing OEM+ and fixing the last guys screwups.

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-02-2012 07:52 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Son View Post
      Thanks for the explanation. Just wondering, how does a situation not escalate when you need to pull a gun on someone? If they don't have a gun, they might just back up. But if they do, doesn't it just trigger shooting and then the mess is complete anyway.
      2 types of people in life, those that will, and those that won't.

If they will, they are going to anyway, if they won't, when you brandish the weapon the situation will defuse it'self. Generally, the ones that will not, are a good 95% of the population

If you haven't figured it out, I've proven, I'm one of those that will. The laws for concealed carry are very strict, 10,20,life. If I pull my weapon I have extinguished all other means and have made a consious decision taht there is no other choice. I don't take that lightly, nor should any concealed carry person

And if I go down, I'm going to go down fighting.
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-02-2012 07:54 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Blaylock1988 View Post
      What is a good .40 for concealed carry that you would recommend? I know they are a bit harder to carry than the .380.
      Pretty much any sub compact .40 will work, I like Glock and Sig, with taht said my favorite carry weapon right now is not all that small, love my S&W M&P.40.

The new line of slimlines where are like 6+1 inline pistols are awesome, then new XD slms are looking sweet, less than 1 inch thick for the .45....
      Sold my Fleet

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW GTI / DSG / Sun / Navi / Xenon
      05-02-2012 08:07 PM #29

Vehicles
      2011 MKVI DSG GTI
      05-02-2012 08:33 PM #30
      Guns, girls, and cars. Looks like a pretty badass build thread to me.

Keep it coming
      2011 DEEP BLACK 4DR DSG AUTOBAHN GTI
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      Most chicks that drive Escapes have a rug that needs trimming.
      Check this site out for free stuff!

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-05-2012 07:52 PM #31
      My womans birthday is in a few days, she has ALOT of goodies I got her to go on the car, meaning she will need only 2 things for completion on her car after this wave LOL.

She may get on here so not saying what all she got, and don't go guessing, but it's alot

I got some money back and I think I'm going to say screw waiting, looking like the BSH Race intake is going to get bought, and the H&R Sport springs, we have been planning on hitting Autocross every damn time but have not made it to a single event, I can get the intake and springs for cheaper than I can get the exhaust, so time to get some times on these cars without a tune first with the intake, then the exhaust, maybe downpipe but I think i'll be doing tune when i do the intake you know, evidentally it's only 50 bucks with GIAC for me to go from Stg2 to theK04 tune so I won't mind that and I'll get 1/4 times every step/mod of the way

I'm out of town - to atlanta - for the next week, so will be doing research and considering waiting to buy until i get back, just to make sure it's the right thing you know? Anyway, got the tint done last week, then cleaned it up today for the trip while it's stitting here, had bugs on it, and finally broke out the plasticoat. Will be doing it on her Jetta soon as well

Enjoy I did after I got the front VW symbol back on I realized how horrible the orange looks now and I have the Tinted Laminex on the way so would look like ASS if i didn't do something about it, enter the Plasticoat, Looks alot better now IMO.

Anway, threw a pic of my rice rocket in as well, cleaned the bike up while I was cleaning as well
      Last edited by 87Euro; 05-05-2012 at 07:55 PM.
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-06-2012 12:24 AM #32
      Got something for my car now, been getting it for hers.

This will be it for a while, but did the two funnest things for mine

Got some H&R Super Sport Springs ordered, and BSH Race intake, did alot of reading and think these two will make me the happiest, have my initial VW checkup for both her TDI and my GTI and after that, which we have rescheduled twice, I will get to work doing all the mods to both cars

Oh, by shopping around, I got the BSH Race Intake, and the H&R's both brand new for 490
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      2011 GTI / RWD S10 / 2008 Honda Accord Coupe V6 w/Navi
      05-06-2012 12:26 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by 87Euro View Post
      Oh, by shopping around, I got the BSH Race Intake, and the H&R's both brand new for 490

Where'd you buy it, link to the intake? I don't know if i want the one piece intake of stage one and two...Deff getting BSH instead of the APR.
      OEM+ l ORT

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-06-2012 01:26 AM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by shankys_14 View Post

Where'd you buy it, link to the intake? I don't know if i want the one piece intake of stage one and two...Deff getting BSH instead of the APR.
      Redline Motorworks
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      2011 GTI / RWD S10 / 2008 Honda Accord Coupe V6 w/Navi
      05-06-2012 01:29 AM #35
      Redline Motorworks
      Thanks dude.
      OEM+ l ORT

Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI PG, 2013 GTI 6MT SB
      05-06-2012 05:40 AM #36
      First I was like

But then

Plasticoat/dip looks like it turned out pretty good.
      My other 'car' is a 68,000lb Mine Resistant vehicle

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-06-2012 10:31 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Dix View Post
      First I was like

But then

Plasticoat/dip looks like it turned out pretty good.
      Thanks, I removed the front and then o nthe rear I was like Screw it, freshly cleaned car and I have 2 coasts of wax on it, it peeled right off, Love the look now too.
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      1991 GTI, 2014 Tacoma TRD Sport
      05-06-2012 10:57 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      IMO the best place for mounting a euro plate is in the trash.

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-06-2012 02:50 PM #39
      A. Plasticoat the GTI symbol and tint the rear signals, then get black exhaust tips

B. remove GTI and tint tails completely

C. Leave GTI and tint the top portion and leave the bottom part clear, and stick with chrome tips.

What would you all do?
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      2011 MKVI DSG GTI
      05-07-2012 12:47 AM #40
      A. Plasticoat the GTI symbol and tint the rear signals, then get black exhaust tips

B. remove GTI and tint tails completely

C. Leave GTI and tint the top portion and leave the bottom part clear, and stick with chrome tips.

What would you all do?
      A sounds ehhish, but may work.

B sounds , depending on what 'completely' means..

C sounds dangerous..

my .02
      2011 DEEP BLACK 4DR DSG AUTOBAHN GTI
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      Most chicks that drive Escapes have a rug that needs trimming.
      Check this site out for free stuff!

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-08-2012 01:17 PM #41
      Spent a little more money, went ahead and picked up the 034 group buy on the dogbone mounts for 44 bucks, will get them in and get some 1/4 times probably after the intake install, the dogbone mount install, and the H&R's installed.

Kinda want to get a catback time as well before the tune, then do Downpipe and Stg2, still leaning towards GIAC as well.

Looking at Malone for the Jetta Diesel tune, but seeing they changed the requirements to need the DSG tune now so, Hmmmm
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      Current: 12 GLI Past:MK1 GTI 07 Rabbit 00 GTI 10 GTI 06 GTI 78 Rabbit 83 GTI 06 Jetta 93 Corrado
      05-08-2012 09:20 PM #42

erin??
      Demokratically Elekted Harbinger of Beetus & Confektionariy Devices of The Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      I contribute nothing of value to this thread.
      Quote Originally Posted by Eberger View Post
      Methamphetamine and masturbation go together like chocolate and peanut butter... I guess.

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-08-2012 09:33 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by UnitedGTI. View Post
      erin??
      Haha, her name is in her uh, name = TDIGLIsa
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-12-2012 03:24 PM #44
      Came home to the BSH intake, 034 Dogbone mounts, and some parts for my suburban, expecting a slew of things on monday as well though, still waiting on some damn parts for her Car and I ordered them Weeks ago, not to mention the ECS Tuning stuff, but whatever, they are just the slowest EVER at everything.

Threw the intake on - What are the "air pump" hoses for? BSH didn't include a filter for them and one of them pulled off?

Anwyay - pleased with both the sound, diverter valve noise, and the pull, it pulls harder up top for Sure - Also it would fall on it's face around 5800, now it pullls to around 6800 - so I fully expect to pick up some mph and some ET at the track with just the intake, hopefully Next Friday night I can get out there?

Anyway, here's some pic's

Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-15-2012 07:22 PM #45
      She got AFE Catback for the TDI, H&R Sport Springs, and New South Pod and 0-35 TDI boost guage

My H&R Super Sport Springs came in today as well The 034 DogBone mounts came in like the day after I ordered them, so will do that when I put the suspension in, her's is first though, then mine

Pic's as soon as I start installing stuff

Can't wait for a track day after these parts are thrown on

Looking into the Malone tunes more today, only 8 more HP and 10 more Ftlbs between the DPF delete Stg2 and Stg1, for that minimal of a difference I may just keep the DPF on the TDI for alot longer, until i fails you know?

Anway, can't wait to get these fuggers lowered
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-21-2012 10:12 PM #46
      Haven't had time to do the springs yet on both cars, Went to install her boost guage and exhaust but she decided she wanted to wait till her 1000 mile checkup - we are at 4500 miles on it!

Anyway- will put the AFE exhaust on, and get her boost guage in SOON!

In the meantime, the ECS 20 day later shipment that was In Stock showed up today.

Mine are the light tint, did headlights and foglights mainly for the protection, but the slight tint doesn't hurt either.

She has the Optic Blue, will install it in a a few days I hope.

Here are a few pic's, hard to tell because of the low light of the evening.

And a pretty badass tuned R32 at work that parked by me today, never got to talk to the guy, but he'll figure out I'm a Dubhead soon as I lower it LOL.

Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      CSG Golf R | UG DSG 4dr MK6 GTI | SBM MK6 GTI - gone :(
      05-26-2012 10:24 AM #47
      Hey,

In regards to the hose that came off of your stock intake box. The one that you held up was just a drain hose for the stock box. The snorkel that goes down to the secondary air pump you can get a small filter to slip on that from the auto parts store for probably 10 bucks. I'd recommend it only because it sucks a lot of air on a cold start...not sure where the air goes, but if I were you I wouldn't want any gunk getting into the engine.

I just slipped the small filter on there, turned the top around 180 degrees, and zip tied it to another plastic hose that runs perpendicular to that hose.

Good luck
      2012 CSG Golf R - APR 2+ - VWR springs - EVOMS Intake - 42DD Downpipe Street w/Res - Podi True Blue boost gauge - 42DD shift bushings - dash cubby. *More goodies are in your future*

Vehicles
      '10 GTI DSG
      05-26-2012 12:53 PM #48
      For the BSH Race Intake how close is the MAF harness to touching the pipe? In all pics i see it looks like it's always resting on the pipe, which never seemed good to me.

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-26-2012 01:03 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by theharleyquin View Post
      For the BSH Race Intake how close is the MAF harness to touching the pipe? In all pics i see it looks like it's always resting on the pipe, which never seemed good to me.
      I cut back the harness behind the battery box, nd then reversed the tip and I have about 1/3 inch of clearance to the pipe for the wiring, it's also in a loom so it's protected.

As for the drain pipe I figured that out shortly after, thanks though. Just put the little K&N filter on my air pump and took it ot the dealer for it's 90 day lookover, talked to the service manager about Stg2 etc and they are cool, the entire service department is tuned LOL

Taking her TDI in when we pick mine up and will get her DSG flash done and complain about the slight surging under normal driving - I think it's EGR related - she jsut told me about it about a week ago

Have some parts coming in and then more mod time
      Sold my Fleet

25. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      MK6 GTI
      05-26-2012 01:10 PM #50
      Oh snap you bought yours from prestige of melbourne? that is where i bought my 08 rabbit, totaled it but now i have a gti. Stationed in germany right now but would love to get stationed at Patrick AFB. Only problem is the Air Force dosnt have Vehicle Maintenance on Patrick, trying to get my dad to get a gti, had him convinced for a few weeks now he wants an sti. Nice GTI!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast