Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: His and Her's MK6 Builds - 87Euro and TDIGLIsa GTI and Jetta Build Thread

Vehicles
      04 330i
      04-29-2012 05:30 PM #1
      Last edited by 87Euro; 07-17-2013 at 01:56 PM.
      Sold my Fleet
      04 330i doing OEM+ and fixing the last guys screwups.

Vehicles
      04 330i
      04-29-2012 05:42 PM #2
      1st things done were Tint on her Jetta - she got the AirBlue front as well which helped alot here in Floida with the heat on the dash Looked Good but needs alot

Then we discovered what we already knew, stock rims suck, OEM+ is the way to go, after ordering 2 sets of rims taht ended up on backorder we canceled the orders and I found some stock Detroits with only 1800 miles on them for a good price, figured she wanted the GLI look, so what better way than to stick with the GTI rims as it should be for a true GLI. YES I will do the IRS swap in the back in the future, but not just yet, after the warrenty runs out it will get IRS swap.

Anyway, after twe threw the rims on: Tint plus rims with the stock pirrellis

The problem and solution phot

Her birthday is in about 2 weeks and she doesn't know it yet but her appearance will improve drastically on the car Got her a few things for it, will update her car part of this build thread at that point in time.
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      Z4 M Roadster
      04-29-2012 05:44 PM #3

Vehicles
      04 330i
      04-29-2012 05:51 PM #4
      Got a two guage steering column cluster for my B-day, the under steering dash cubby holder for my .380, mounted a little mole type holder for my .40, installed the New South boost guage, and started wiring up my A/F monitor for when i start going bigger... Also put in the S3 short throw/reduced throw setup. All makes for a more comfortable driving experience, with a little less worry for me;-)

Fist the .40 mount, yes it's hard mounted for quick draw

Picking up her rims from Tampa - the donor car is getting APR Stg 3+ thrown in right now

The last pic's were funny to me, the modern day way to mod, no factory manuals, just an ipad That was installing the short throw, took about 15 minutes
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      04 330i
      04-29-2012 05:55 PM #5
      I can't stand talkinga bout cars and not racing. People fail to realize that the drag strip, and the Autorcorss course are the BEST place for meets, you do nohting but talk cars, and then if you break ****, you have people there that know how to fix it, not people that only attend meets and know nothing about cars. Rant over, here's us last night at the track

And here I am after my Fully loaded completely stock GTI just put a Hot pass after getting off the highway in 88 degree heat putting down a 14.9 at 93

I sidestpped last night, will be feathering next time out, one thing to note, both of us dropped to 22psi on the tires and it helped me immensly wiht the Wheel hop i was getting, will be slipping next time to try to get the 60ft down some, here are my slips

Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      2011 GTI / RWD S10 / 2008 Honda Accord Coupe V6 w/Navi
      04-29-2012 06:00 PM #6
      OEM+ l ORT

Vehicles
      04 330i
      04-29-2012 06:10 PM #7
      I am coming back to VW after eing in stangs for a bit, so I have alot to prove at the 1/4, my goal is to get this car into the 11's on a K04 and with the stock internals and head. That 11 second timeslip will shut up alot of haters in my area

Honestly, getting into the 14's last night shut up alot of friends of mine already

Anyway, here are a few more random shots, one or two from first day we had them, then a few from the first wax job

Oh yeah, finally got my windows tinted yesterday but it's raining today, so expect some pic updates after a good cleaning next not rainy day

Sold my Fleet

8. Moderator
      Vehicles
      14 CC R-line, 07 expedition EL Limtd
      04-29-2012 06:37 PM #8
      looks good, but there is a mk6 jetta section. i am sure the jetta would get better attention there.
      If you can't take the HEAT be a COP

2B1 ask 1

Vehicles
      04 330i
      04-29-2012 06:51 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by irishpride View Post
      looks good, but there is a mk6 jetta section. i am sure the jetta would get better attention there.
      Haha - LMAO - this is why I put the first line - Screw it I'm just doing one big build thread.

If she wants to post it in the Jetta section she will, but I highly doubt it, the majority of the build will be for the GTI, but the Jetta is getting the first wave of mods done to it, so the first few pages will be her build then it will switch to mine after the first full season of SCCA is over, as well as Martin racing down here.

I can see myself being on GIAC K04 tune and with the K04 sitting in the engine by by this time next year honestly, and that' where there builds will make the big switch. I still own my bike, and my 02 Saleen, when those two go, i will start buying big mods and bits for the GTI
      Sold my Fleet

10. 04-29-2012 07:14 PM #10
      I think I know who you bought the detroits from, I believe I talked to him when he was selling some used computer equipment about it.

Vehicles
      04 330i
      04-29-2012 07:34 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Aw614 View Post
      I think I know who you bought the detroits from, I believe I talked to him when he was selling some used computer equipment about it.
      He's on Gulf Coast Euros and post a decent amount, his last post was about his new Brakes, Massive 6 pots I'm an old member on there too, back from The Fixx days

I'm jealous, probably getting his fronts for the Jetta Already got the paint for the rear of her cars calipers as well.
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      The Standard of the World | Feed Your Restless
      04-29-2012 08:19 PM #12
      I might have missed this, but are you getting your GTI tuned?
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      04 330i
      04-30-2012 12:32 AM #13
      NOt immediately, due to the SCCA classing and whatnot, next year I'll get it tuned to a K04 setup

It's VERY hard not to tune it right now, and I'm considering it, but pretty much the only mod I can do to the GTI and stay in the stock class right now is Cat-back exhaust:/ Won't help much but I"ll do it for weight savings and sound alone. My gut wants the Catless downpipe/Turbo back setup but it would reclass me in Autocross/SCCA and I'm not willing to do that at this time.

AFter a few events once I see the local competition I'll readdress and may be doing different round of mods on the GTI, but for now, no tune till after first Season of SCCA is over. By that time I should have the K04 setup ready to go on, I'm thinking AWE and GIAC is the direction I will go, but the APR K04 setup with the tune is not to bad in price either...
      Sold my Fleet

14. 04-30-2012 12:49 AM #14
      Wouldn't you still be able to run stock class if you decided to turn your tune off during an autox and switch back for street?

15. 04-30-2012 02:56 AM #15
      Ko4 is amazing. If or when you do the upgrade make sure you get some sticky tires for the lauches. I wish Hawaii had a track here but unfortunatly the closest thing I get is the occasional 20-30mph roll start. But dont get me wrong... rolling takeoffs are the best for ko4 setup. Good luck with the build man.
      APR Ko4. Om Nom Noms.
      Premier Auto Service and Performance, Hawaii =
      TFO808.com
      MK6 GTI / MK1 Scirocco S

Vehicles
      2007 GLI (SOLD) / 2010 GTI (SOLD)
      04-30-2012 11:20 AM #16

Vehicles
      04 330i
      04-30-2012 09:42 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by Aw614 View Post
      Wouldn't you still be able to run stock class if you decided to turn your tune off during an autox and switch back for street?
      Sure, but my question then is Why? I mean for Stg 1 tune it's a few extra Hp for about 8 months, then I turn around and pay the same exact money for the K04 tune, to me it just seems worht it to wait and do the tune once you know?

I would like to see how this car responds in stock form with all the limitations as well to the catback on the 1/4, and the intake when i do it, etc... I WILL tune it, but kind of only want to whip out the cash once you know?
      Sold my Fleet

18. 05-01-2012 12:31 AM #18
      Loving the consistency of those timeslips! Where did you get the S3 short throw shifter and how much?

19. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 DBPM 6MT GTI
      05-01-2012 05:56 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by 87Euro View Post
      Sure, but my question then is Why? I mean for Stg 1 tune it's a few extra Hp for about 8 months, then I turn around and pay the same exact money for the K04 tune, to me it just seems worht it to wait and do the tune once you know?

I would like to see how this car responds in stock form with all the limitations as well to the catback on the 1/4, and the intake when i do it, etc... I WILL tune it, but kind of only want to whip out the cash once you know?

Vehicles
      '09 VW Golf VI 1.4 TSI, '09 Cannondale Six 105, '13 Trek Fuel EX 9.8
      05-01-2012 10:35 AM #20
      Fist the .40 mount, yes it's hard mounted for quick draw
      Out of curiosity, what's a typical situation where you need to pull a gun on someone?
      Previously known as Son of a B...5er!

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-01-2012 10:11 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by vladdyb View Post
      Loving the consistency of those timeslips! Where did you get the S3 short throw shifter and how much?
      Thanks man, got consistently faster every pass, still dialing it in, I'm 225lbs, but with some more seat time I think there is a 14.6 in her with full weight, taking out the spare, and all the little stuff might be able to get it beter but sure I'll have mods by then, only one more track day without the exhaust and stuff at 1/4 more than likely.
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-01-2012 10:18 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Son View Post
      Out of curiosity, what's a typical situation where you need to pull a gun on someone?
      Thankfully, not very often I have been to war 5 times while on active duty, once I deployed as a civilian contractor as well. In my civilian/Reserve life I have been put in 3 situations with "getting" jumped and altercations while being stateside. I could go into detail but don't feel like it, I can tell you that I carry a weapon anytime I'm going to be on the road more than an hour, and I am a CCW holder and carry either a .40, or a .380 on me pretty much at all times unless I'm going to work. If your lucky you will catch a rifle or a AR;-)

I lived in Europe for 4 years, and I can tell you that I did not carry over there, at times I wish I did, but I did not. I did not carry stateside until around 2008, there was an event and that's why I carry, I was lucky to get out alive and it did not get worse due to the State Police arriving...

Back to cars
      Last edited by 87Euro; 05-01-2012 at 10:20 PM.
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      2012 GTI, 07 Buell Lightning XB9SX
      05-01-2012 10:35 PM #23
      What is a good .40 for concealed carry that you would recommend? I know they are a bit harder to carry than the .380.
      2012 GTI Build Thread

Vehicles
      '09 VW Golf VI 1.4 TSI, '09 Cannondale Six 105, '13 Trek Fuel EX 9.8
      05-02-2012 01:54 AM #24
      Thanks for the explanation. Just wondering, how does a situation not escalate when you need to pull a gun on someone? If they don't have a gun, they might just back up. But if they do, doesn't it just trigger shooting and then the mess is complete anyway.
      Previously known as Son of a B...5er!

Vehicles
      CSG Golf R | UG DSG 4dr MK6 GTI | SBM MK6 GTI - gone :(
      05-02-2012 10:18 AM #25
      You shouldn't have to pay anything/much extra to switch to the K04...right?

At the very least you will already have the bench flash labor paid for and they can port tune the upgrade

Also, thank you for your service.
      2012 CSG Golf R - APR 2+ - VWR springs - EVOMS Intake - 42DD Downpipe Street w/Res - Podi True Blue boost gauge - 42DD shift bushings - dash cubby. *More goodies are in your future*

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-02-2012 07:48 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by dstackmasta27 View Post
      You shouldn't have to pay anything/much extra to switch to the K04...right?

At the very least you will already have the bench flash labor paid for and they can port tune the upgrade

Also, thank you for your service.
      Guess I'll look into it more, might have been my stubborness, looks like I'm getting a deal on a BSH race intake so I might start modding a little sooner, I'm fighting it but but but. As of right now it will go on a shelf till after the events, but just got a TDY to Atlanta for Sunday

I did just throw down about 700 on her car, well it's all shipping right now, not to mention the rims and tires for it, and then I got the laminex for the headlights today, blue for her and I got the tint for lights and fogs.
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-02-2012 07:52 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Son View Post
      Thanks for the explanation. Just wondering, how does a situation not escalate when you need to pull a gun on someone? If they don't have a gun, they might just back up. But if they do, doesn't it just trigger shooting and then the mess is complete anyway.
      2 types of people in life, those that will, and those that won't.

If they will, they are going to anyway, if they won't, when you brandish the weapon the situation will defuse it'self. Generally, the ones that will not, are a good 95% of the population

If you haven't figured it out, I've proven, I'm one of those that will. The laws for concealed carry are very strict, 10,20,life. If I pull my weapon I have extinguished all other means and have made a consious decision taht there is no other choice. I don't take that lightly, nor should any concealed carry person

And if I go down, I'm going to go down fighting.
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-02-2012 07:54 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Blaylock1988 View Post
      What is a good .40 for concealed carry that you would recommend? I know they are a bit harder to carry than the .380.
      Pretty much any sub compact .40 will work, I like Glock and Sig, with taht said my favorite carry weapon right now is not all that small, love my S&W M&P.40.

The new line of slimlines where are like 6+1 inline pistols are awesome, then new XD slms are looking sweet, less than 1 inch thick for the .45....
      Sold my Fleet

29. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW GTI / DSG / Sun / Navi / Xenon
      05-02-2012 08:07 PM #29

Vehicles
      2011 MKVI DSG GTI
      05-02-2012 08:33 PM #30
      Guns, girls, and cars. Looks like a pretty badass build thread to me.

Keep it coming
      2011 DEEP BLACK 4DR DSG AUTOBAHN GTI
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      Most chicks that drive Escapes have a rug that needs trimming.
      Check this site out for free stuff!

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-05-2012 07:52 PM #31
      My womans birthday is in a few days, she has ALOT of goodies I got her to go on the car, meaning she will need only 2 things for completion on her car after this wave LOL.

She may get on here so not saying what all she got, and don't go guessing, but it's alot

I got some money back and I think I'm going to say screw waiting, looking like the BSH Race intake is going to get bought, and the H&R Sport springs, we have been planning on hitting Autocross every damn time but have not made it to a single event, I can get the intake and springs for cheaper than I can get the exhaust, so time to get some times on these cars without a tune first with the intake, then the exhaust, maybe downpipe but I think i'll be doing tune when i do the intake you know, evidentally it's only 50 bucks with GIAC for me to go from Stg2 to theK04 tune so I won't mind that and I'll get 1/4 times every step/mod of the way

I'm out of town - to atlanta - for the next week, so will be doing research and considering waiting to buy until i get back, just to make sure it's the right thing you know? Anyway, got the tint done last week, then cleaned it up today for the trip while it's stitting here, had bugs on it, and finally broke out the plasticoat. Will be doing it on her Jetta soon as well

Enjoy I did after I got the front VW symbol back on I realized how horrible the orange looks now and I have the Tinted Laminex on the way so would look like ASS if i didn't do something about it, enter the Plasticoat, Looks alot better now IMO.

Anway, threw a pic of my rice rocket in as well, cleaned the bike up while I was cleaning as well
      Last edited by 87Euro; 05-05-2012 at 07:55 PM.
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-06-2012 12:24 AM #32
      Got something for my car now, been getting it for hers.

This will be it for a while, but did the two funnest things for mine

Got some H&R Super Sport Springs ordered, and BSH Race intake, did alot of reading and think these two will make me the happiest, have my initial VW checkup for both her TDI and my GTI and after that, which we have rescheduled twice, I will get to work doing all the mods to both cars

Oh, by shopping around, I got the BSH Race Intake, and the H&R's both brand new for 490
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      05-06-2012 12:26 AM #33
      Oh, by shopping around, I got the BSH Race Intake, and the H&R's both brand new for 490

Where'd you buy it, link to the intake? I don't know if i want the one piece intake of stage one and two...Deff getting BSH instead of the APR.
      OEM+ l ORT

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-06-2012 01:26 AM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by shankys_14 View Post

Where'd you buy it, link to the intake? I don't know if i want the one piece intake of stage one and two...Deff getting BSH instead of the APR.
      Redline Motorworks
      Sold my Fleet

Vehicles
      05-06-2012 01:29 AM #35
      Redline Motorworks
      Thanks dude.
      OEM+ l ORT

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast