Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Minimouse Just Showed Up

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf TDI w/Tech, 2011 VW Routan SEL Premium, 2005 Audi allroad, 2004 VW Jetta GLI
      04-29-2012 11:55 PM #1
      Ordered a Shark Blue Golf TDI 6-speed w/Tech Package the end of February. I didn't expect to see it until sometime in July. Of course, nothing ever goes just right with me, and last week I read in the forums about the Shadow Blue being phased out on the GTI in November, and I'm feeling good that I'm going to get my Shark Blue at least.

Then I continue reading and come across Jay Pichardo's Ask a VW Salesguy Blog where I find to my horror that Shark Blue was discontinued the first week of February! Then the calls to the dealership start in earnest. They know nothing about it....my order is in, no commission number yet.... the **** has hit the fan, and I'm going down; because I don't want any other color.

I finally end up talking to the finance guy at my dealership, and he asks for a few days to get into what's going on. I call Saturday morning (having not heard anything for a few days) and he tells me my car is on the lot!! Yeah...rrright!!! No really...it's here. We found one in Baltimore, Md. and they were willing to trade cars!! It arrived at 6:00 AM this morning!

I drive down right away, and sure enough, they were telling the truth.

It will be a couple of weeks before I pick the car up. Have to get funds, and it will take time for my request to process. Like I said earlier, I wasn't expecting the car for a while, so now I have to get going.

I'm looking forward to this car. My Jetta has been an excellent car, but it will be going to son #2 next year, so I needed a replacement, and at 600 miles/week commuting, the TDI will fit the bill perfectly.

Vehicles
      2010 CW GTI
      04-30-2012 12:09 AM #2
      | APR | Forge | Koni |
      | OEM+ | Osir | Magnaflow |
      | H&R | SPM |

3. 04-30-2012 01:11 AM #3
      600 miles a week! Damn dude. I hope it's a manual. You'll need the correct 5th/6th gears to get the max potential out of the car.
      Quote Originally Posted by TechEd View Post
      Long-story-short: Outie5000 is right on all accounts.

Vehicles
      2011 GTI / RWD S10 / 2008 Honda Accord Coupe V6 w/Navi
      04-30-2012 01:16 AM #4
      Congrats on the car make sure they don't drill into your front bumper.
      Your son will love the GLI!

Wait a min is that palisades VW?
      OEM+ l ORT

5. 04-30-2012 01:20 AM #5
      would you please let me be your son...

Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI CW 4DR 6MT
      04-30-2012 01:27 AM #6
      Congrats. You'll enjoy the car. Glad it worked out. I love that color.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf TDI
      04-30-2012 01:36 AM #7
      Looks nice-- I like the color.

I'm glad the dealer hustled to make this up to you. It really sounds like they placed the order, order got stuck, and they just sat on it for two months and left you hanging-- waiting to be disappointed. Good for them on making it right.

Adam

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW Golf TDI
      04-30-2012 08:27 AM #8
      Love the color, plus now it's even more rare.

That was my first choice but they couldn't locate one & made it worth my while to take my second choice, silver.

I don't see many Shark Blue around here and every time I do I still wish I would have gotten it.

Vehicles
      The Standard of the World | Das Auto | Feed Your Restless
      04-30-2012 08:31 AM #9
      Awesome!
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Vehicles
      2007 GLI (SOLD) / 2010 GTI (SOLD)
      04-30-2012 11:10 AM #10

Vehicles
      2012 A6
      04-30-2012 12:44 PM #11
      2012 A6
      Need VAG-COM/VCDS PM me

Vehicles
      2014 GLI, 2011 Tiguan
      04-30-2012 01:47 PM #12
      Shark Blue was my first color choice too, but I had to settle for Silver because there weren't any in my area when I bought mine.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf TDI w/Tech, 2011 VW Routan SEL Premium, 2005 Audi allroad, 2004 VW Jetta GLI
      04-30-2012 02:22 PM #13
      Thanks for your positive replies. I am looking forward to turning minniemouse into mightymouse over the next 6 months or so. Quaillstar gave me the Golf TDI fever, and it's terminal.

Your son will love the GLI!
      Wait a min is that palisades VW?
      My son is already claiming the Jetta as his. I politely informed him to take a good look at the title, and read me the name on it. He has another year and a half of training and some professional training by a friend of ours who is a professional driver before I ever let him get his license. But yes, he loves the car.

It may be 8 years old, and have close to 100,000 miles on it, but I have always overmaintained the car as I don't need problems on my daily commute into the Bronx. And of course, I have spent way too much on upgrades to the car, and it not only looks brand new, but drives like it as well. It is truly a sweetie, and a keeper. It will never be sold.

And yes...Palisades VW is my dealer. They have always treated me well and their service department has really proven themselves with a few of my cars. Good people...no complaints.

Vehicles
      2011 GTI / RWD S10 / 2008 Honda Accord Coupe V6 w/Navi
      04-30-2012 03:14 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Ondaora20 View Post
      Thanks for your positive replies. I am looking forward to turning minniemouse into mightymouse over the next 6 months or so. Quaillstar gave me the Golf TDI fever, and it's terminal.

My son is already claiming the Jetta as his. I politely informed him to take a good look at the title, and read me the name on it. He has another year and a half of training and some professional training by a friend of ours who is a professional driver before I ever let him get his license. But yes, he loves the car.

It may be 8 years old, and have close to 100,000 miles on it, but I have always overmaintained the car as I don't need problems on my daily commute into the Bronx. And of course, I have spent way too much on upgrades to the car, and it not only looks brand new, but drives like it as well. It is truly a sweetie, and a keeper. It will never be sold.

And yes...Palisades VW is my dealer. They have always treated me well and their service department has really proven themselves with a few of my cars. Good people...no complaints.

Haha yeah they are my dealer too Jason's a cool guy!
      OEM+ l ORT

Vehicles
      '12 GTI '14 Jetta
      04-30-2012 03:16 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      IMO the best place for mounting a euro plate is in the trash.