Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: How do you tune a system?

Hybrid View

1. 04-30-2012 01:19 AM #1
      I have a 2012 Volkswagen GTI Autobahn. It used to have Dynaudio. It now has:
      Factory RNS-315 HU
      Audison BitOne
      Hertz MLK2 TW front/rear all running active
      RE Audio SX-104
      Zuki Eleets 4ch amp (fronts)
      Zuki Class D 5ch (rears and sub)

I have bypassed the factory amp/DSP under the drivers seat and running line level out front and rear to the BitOne. I have the front tweets hi-passed @1500hz and the front woofers band-passed @ 60-2000hz. Rear tweets are band-passed 1500-7000hz and rear woofers are band-passed 60-2000hz. Both front and rear drivers using Butterworth filters @ 12db per Octave. Sub is in 1.1cuft sealed enclosure and is x-ed over at about 100hz. Other than these settings, I don't know what to do. I have a tablet running the BitOne software and a laptop running TruRTA 1/3 octave software. I am using the mic from a Denon AVP-A1HDCI(A) which is similar to the mic used in the Alpine Imprint kit. Please help.

2. 05-02-2012 06:02 PM #2
      Here's a link to a thread in DIYMA that'l point you in the right direction. Tuning properly will take a lot of time, and you might find yourself tweaking it for a while until it sounds right to your ears.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...tive-user.html

A lot of tuning really comes down to your ears. I'd lay off using the RTA, since a "flat" RTA can sound like crap. Every car interior is different, as far as relections, etc. go, so you really do need to make the final tweaks by ear.

Have fun!