Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: FS: 82' and 84' Scirocco Phoenix, AZ $1500

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      88' scirocco 16v, 91' Vanagon
      04-30-2012 03:56 AM #1
      Ok, I have decided to part with my running 82' and parts 84' Scirocco. Would like to sell both of them as a package, make an offer. Was going to build a 8vT but came across a nice 16v I decided to pick up and would like to see these go. Both are 8v 5sp.

running 82:
      It does run, but does not runs rough. When I bought it I drove it from its location to my place, about 40 miles and since then I have been picking away at it. The valves were a little tight when I got it, I have shimmed them to spec. I have replaced all of the coolant hoses, rad cap and sensors. Has a/c but does not work. All of the gauges work, except the coolant temp gauge, the fan does work. Body is straight with no rust. Replace drivers side wheel hub, tie rod, bearing, and ball joint. Tires are good. Does have some drivers side fender damage. I have a new muffler to put on, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Interior is good shape, just cracked dash. Has auto windows that work great. Bumpers don't have the covers. Put new drivers side door handle on and now inside handle doesn't work, haven't pulled it back apart to fix it. Not all of the locks match. Speedo says it has 100xxx miles on it, however it is a C title.

parts 84':
      I picked this up from a guy who let it sit for about 4 yrs he said, car was in family for 18 yrs. I picked this up to rob parts off of it for my 82 and possibly use the motor to build a 8vT and part out the rest. The body is straight on this car and I do have the title for it as well. The guy said the car was running when he put it away. Has a/c as well. Some stuff that is missing from the car are:
      - hood
      - window motors
      - catalytic converter
      - tail lights
      - passenger side turn signal
      - couple air box clips
      - sunroof guts
      - various other stuff I'm forgetting

I am sure I am forgetting some stuff about the cars, make an offer for both, Phoenix, AZ and I would prefer not to ship. I will have better/more recent pics up later but this is all I have at the moment. Thanks and pm me for more details and number if needed.
      Last edited by richter762; 05-05-2012 at 04:32 PM.

2. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      05-02-2012 01:45 AM #2
      Bump

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      05-04-2012 02:33 PM #3
      Make an offer on them

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles