Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Took the TTRS to the Nürburgring yesterday

1. Member
      05-03-2012 05:36 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by jmofo View Post
      Is this TTRS stock height with stock suspension?
      It looks the same as mine above, which is stock, but he's running 18 x 275's. The stock setup actually rubs on the fender liners on this corner (as well as others). When you're pushing the car super hard around some rough turns, the tires rub.

- Jeremy -

2. 05-03-2012 04:57 PM #37
      When the car rubs do you see any extra tire wear? Do the fender liners get all ripped up?

It seems like audi should have a fix for this rubbing. Maybe it's just benign, but it would be nice to know if it's not.

OH and I'm SUPER F#$%ING jealous about the awesome nurburgring drive. Looks awesome.

3. Member
      05-03-2012 05:47 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by fjork_duf View Post
      When the car rubs do you see any extra tire wear? Do the fender liners get all ripped up?

It seems like audi should have a fix for this rubbing. Maybe it's just benign, but it would be nice to know if it's not.

OH and I'm SUPER F#$%ING jealous about the awesome nurburgring drive. Looks awesome.
      No extra tire wear that I noticed. It would take something a lot more abrasive than the felt liners to tear up the tires. I haven't looked up into the wheel wells yet. I can feel with my hand that it's a little rougher in the rubbing spot. Doesn't seem too bad yet, though.

Overall, with 13 miles per lap, the tires only rub on 2 or 3 specific corners. And on the Karussell, they rub probably 5 times each on the passenger side. There are a few rough corners on the track that have some strong dips and bumps. That's the only time it rubs. I'm not worried about it yet. If it starts to rub through, though, I'll be a little annoyed. Maybe it's worth layering a little Kevlar or something up there in the affected spot.

- Jeremy -
      Last edited by - Jeremy -; 05-03-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TTRS, 2012 Audi Q5 2.0TDI S-Line
      05-03-2012 07:39 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by - Jeremy - View Post
      It looks the same as mine above, which is stock, but he's running 18 x 275's. The stock setup actually rubs on the fender liners on this corner (as well as others). When you're pushing the car super hard around some rough turns, the tires rub.

- Jeremy -
      Time for coil-overs???
      '12 Audi TT RS, Phantom Black, Manual
      Bose Sound System inc Audi Music Interface and TV Reception
      Blackout Pack by GmbH + GmbH 19' Titanium Look Alloy Wheels + Dark Window Tint
      Extended Leather Package With Heated Recaro Bucket Seats + LED Interior Lighting Package
      Adaptive Headlights & Tyre Pressure Monitor

5. Member
      05-04-2012 10:47 AM #40
      Congrats Jeremy,
      The car is for driving and you have made my mind up...I MUST make the trip to the Ring...it sounds the biz...!

Perhaps I can help with a few things you pointed out which needs to be improved….;
      1) On brakes, I would strongly advise ENDLESS RF-650 fluid – these come in 0.5ltr bottles. You will need 5x 0.5Ltr bottles for complete flush. It will definitely fix any fluid boiling issues.

2) I will look in to descent pads – Performance Friction do the 08 compound…try that for the fronts and then get RS-19 for rears….that will be you sorted on pads even on stock rotors.

3) The front lift is something I have been looking at for ages and a couple of things here would help…;
      a. Firmer rear springs or higher rear tyre PSI - start at 29PSI cold – should help. You may want front PSI lower…I would start also at 29PSI cold.
      b. Crossweight – get this as close to 50% as possible…you will be pleasantly surprised what a difference it makes to weight distribution thus helps keep the fronts planted.

6. Member
      05-04-2012 11:14 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by 996cab View Post
      Congrats Jeremy,
      The car is for driving and you have made my mind up...I MUST make the trip to the Ring...it sounds the biz...!

Perhaps I can help with a few things you pointed out which needs to be improved….;
      1) On brakes, I would strongly advise ENDLESS RF-650 fluid – these come in 0.5ltr bottles. You will need 5x 0.5Ltr bottles for complete flush. It will definitely fix any fluid boiling issues.

2) I will look in to descent pads – Performance Friction do the 08 compound…try that for the fronts and then get RS-19 for rears….that will be you sorted on pads even on stock rotors.

3) The front lift is something I have been looking at for ages and a couple of things here would help…;
      a. Firmer rear springs or higher rear tyre PSI - start at 29PSI cold – should help. You may want front PSI lower…I would start also at 29PSI cold.
      b. Crossweight – get this as close to 50% as possible…you will be pleasantly surprised what a difference it makes to weight distribution thus helps keep the fronts planted.
      I can't recall if I have RBF600 or 650 in the garage. I ordered it before the car even arrived. Either way, I've already got it so I'll give it a go and maybe swap to the Endless in a future fluid flush.

I'm ordering pads as I type: Carbotech XP12 in front and XP8 in rear with some 1521's (front) for the street. Swapping pads is a 30 minute job total so I don't mind switching for track days. I'm going with Carbotechs because I don't want a lot of rotor wear and I don't want corrosive brake dust everywhere. I figure it's worth a shot to try them and I can always switch to something else if these don't work.

I started the day with 2.4 bar front and 2.1 bar rear while cold. After the first lap, I lowered it to those same numbers when hot. I think the rear could go even lower as there was no rolling evident on the edges of the rear tires all day. There's still a little more traction to be found back there. In any case, I still need to order some sticky new tires.

Regarding the corner balancing and springs, are you planning on selling your spring kit to the masses? I'm really interested in getting this if the price is right. Maybe you can bring a kit with you in person to the Ring and we'll do the transaction in person. I can show you around

- Jeremy -

7. Member
      Vehicles
      02 Denim blue 225Q,04 Dolomite grey 225Q,05 Moro blue 225Q,12 Monza Silver RS
      05-06-2012 10:17 PM #42
      Went to Sebring ,yesterday,with Chinmotorsports.com. Car totally stock.
      Tough track for the brakes. And same diagnostic,needs brake fluid,pads,tires and sway bars, to start...
      Able to stay with the faster cars in the straights ,but killed under braking and in the turns.
      One R8 passed me easy...!
      Saw the oil temp at 264!
      The seat is horrible,no support;the outside of my knees are almost blue...
      Oh well,it's not a race car...

Vehicles
      2010 TTS
      05-07-2012 08:39 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by TTracing View Post
      One R8 passed me easy...!
      Well, if it was the V10, he does, after all, have a full 50% horsepower advantage...

9. 05-09-2012 02:16 PM #44
      Raeder Motorsport is testing a street TT RS version on the Nordschleife.
      Changes are: wider rear spoiler with gurney flap, bigger front splitter, Twin canards left and right and vented bonnet.

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      05-09-2012 05:50 PM #45
      I want to know where to get that hood!
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook
      INA Billet | Mahle Powerpak | DM Forged | Ferrea | Supertech | ARP | South Bend | HTA/GTX/EFR Turbochargers | Mocal Oil control | DBW Throttle Body Upgrades | 0A6box

11. 05-09-2012 06:20 PM #46
      Last edited by R5T; 05-09-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TTRS, 2012 Audi Q5 2.0TDI S-Line
      05-09-2012 08:00 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by R5T View Post
      Raeder Motorsport is testing a street TT RS version on the Nordschleife.
      Changes are: wider rear spoiler with gurney flap, bigger front splitter, Twin canards left and right and vented bonnet.

That. Is. So. Sexy!!!!

I genuinely didn't think you could make the TTRS look better than it already does.. But man I was wrong!!! I want these parts!!!!
      '12 Audi TT RS, Phantom Black, Manual
      Bose Sound System inc Audi Music Interface and TV Reception
      Blackout Pack by GmbH + GmbH 19' Titanium Look Alloy Wheels + Dark Window Tint
      Extended Leather Package With Heated Recaro Bucket Seats + LED Interior Lighting Package
      Adaptive Headlights & Tyre Pressure Monitor

13. Member
      05-14-2012 05:04 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by R5T View Post
      Yeah, he's fast, but I think that video is modified. If you compare it to his other videos, it seems like it's missing frames. There's a good DSK video of him in the car. It makes this 7:40 video look unnatural.

He's a good driver. His car is also modified. He has a tune, tires, brakes and suspension, I think. Ultimately, my goal is to be as fast as him (or faster .

- Jeremy -

14. Member
      05-14-2012 05:18 PM #50
      Very interesting articles here regarding the physics and engineering behind vehicle dynamics. The springs and dampers articles are particularly interesting.

http://www.optimumg.com/technical/technical-papers/

- Jeremy -

15. 05-14-2012 05:37 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by - Jeremy - View Post
      Yeah, he's fast, but I think that video is modified. If you compare it to his other videos, it seems like it's missing frames. There's a good DSK video of him in the car. It makes this 7:40 video look unnatural.

He's a good driver. His car is also modified. He has a tune, tires, brakes and suspension, I think. Ultimately, my goal is to be as fast as him (or faster .

- Jeremy -
      He is selling his TT RS so no more faster time from him.

btw, you need this FMIC if you make a upgrade:

http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/a...tercooler.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12