f'n rad man!!!!!!
Here´s my B2 project that I have been building for few years. Car is MY 1985 quattro, originally 1.8 8V engine. I am using 16V engine that was previously in my Golf mk2 project car. Car is still in progress, but hopefully get it working this summer.
Car was already stripped when I bought it. I put engine in place so I could see how much space is needed for 3.5" exhaust. Also I mounted all suspension parts so I could see that how much fenders needed to be widened.
After that car was stripped again and I rolled it over so could weld bottom of the car.
After weldings were done car was transported to painting, where it was painted also from inside and bottom.
Then all suspension parts were mounted and also fuel/brake lines.
I also fabricated hood from glass fiber.
Now car is in stage that windows and engine are mounted. Interior is almost ready. Maybe month or two and car is ready to be driven.
Thanks for compliments!
I had problems to find any bolt-on solution for clutch. If I was using 5syl or 1.8t 20V there would be many options, but for longitunal mounted 16V I could´n find any.
Heres some pics of clutch that I am using. Pressure plate is SRE which I used in my Golf mk2 and clutch plate is 4 puck sintered. Flywheel is custom made. I have some doupts that this could slip because it is only 228mm, but time will tell.
Is someone here having a 16VT engine in 4000/80q? What clutches are you using?
Just curious but what did the flares come from? I'd probably go the UR Coupe GT fender flare on mine but those are really growing on me. I'm foregoing the 16V idea as I just picked up a NG engine with a 272 cam and other goodies for a song and a dance. I think around 150hp will do good enough for a snow car. Keep up the salivating work.
Beautiful build! The 9a long block in my garage has been screaming to go into my 4Ks (not Q) for a while. 4K needs the same kind of love too (stripped, flipped, painted/sealed). One day, one day....
Mk2 Jetta Partout: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-CISe-Motronic
Oil pump was ok, and oil channels were open. 350/570nm@4000 was numbers.
Before engine failure I made holes to bumper to get more air to ic. I used Audi S3 bumber grill that I cutted and welded to typ81 bumper with soldering iron. Also mounted Audi B5 S4 mud flaps, that needed some cutting to fit well.