Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: F1 drivers in DTM 2012

1. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 Bugatti wagon, '85 V65 Sabre
      04-30-2012 05:47 PM #1
      Looks like Ralph is causing all sorts of trouble at the start of the 2012 DTM season in Hockenheim. Sorry, in German, but watch Schumacher in the silver Mercedes and his "impact" on the other drivers within the first 2 laps!! Lol.
      Also watch Gary Paffet (Mclaren reserve driver) tear it up in another Mercedes. He quickly works his way to the front within a few laps. Good to see BMW in it again!!

Form is temporary; Class is permanent

2. 04-30-2012 10:54 PM #2
      Just finished watching my first dtm race since the days they looked more like a lot like regular cars. I am rooting for Robert Wickens who although beating Pic, Verge, and Ricciardo to the Formula Renault title, is not driving in F1 due to lack of $$. Tough first race for him with a drive thru for pitlane speeding but he did out qualify his teammate some guy named David Coulthard.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Mazda CX-9 Zoom zoom
      05-01-2012 07:48 PM #3
      Ralfy boy! He crash what? 4 bmw in 2 laps!

4. Member
      Vehicles
      05-01-2012 09:16 PM #4
      Watched the whole race and Ralph actually ended up like 8th, beating out Coulthard even after a drive through!! Lol

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      05-02-2012 02:34 AM #5
      Ralf has always been a muppet....still is.

Also, DTM continues proving a point that a single spec races are boring as hell. I'll take BTCC over that any time.
      The gloves are off, the wisdom teeth are out
      What you on about ?

6. Member
      Vehicles
      05-02-2012 09:51 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by J-Tim View Post
      Ralf has always been a muppet....still is.

Also, DTM continues proving a point that a single spec races are boring as hell. I'll take BTCC over that any time.
      That's the only DTM race that i've ever watched, but can't say that it was boring as hell. Ekstrom dropped from pole to third and Paffet was a madman racing all the way to the front. Green had a great race, he lead for some time, but a slow(er pitstop) and a very competitive Paffet lost him the race. Some good action directly behind the front runners and lots of passing/ bumping on track.
      I have to say, not such a bad race at all.
      I read up a little about DTM specs and realize that much is the same. There are quite a few differences between the cars (brakes, aero, etc.,..) and the driver really makes the difference. I've seen some great driver battles in GP2 as well. As we've seen with F1, if you can design a fast car, the whole season becomes extremely boring (like we saw last year). F1 sort of "specs" it somewhat, so that we have closer racing again, right?

I have easy access to DTM races, so might have to follow it this year and report back.

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      05-02-2012 07:28 PM #7
      My point is that DTM (just like V8s and Nascar) have absolutely nothing to do with production cars and all share pretty much same specs.

There are some races that aren't so bad but majority put me to sleep.

The reason why I brought up BTCC is because you get a mix of RWD and FWD cars, with some being faster around corners and others faster on the straight line. It's a bit of a chaos but that what makes it so much fun.
      The gloves are off, the wisdom teeth are out
      What you on about ?

8. 05-04-2012 10:41 AM #8
      Hold up Bash Brothers!

DTM is actually really cool series... I happen to follow it, but I follow nearly anything on 4 wheels going fast, but I digress...

The DF on DTM is crazy! The videos, certainly bely the speeds these guys move.. Elkstrom is beast! 4 Wheel rape party....

Ralf? What have not been said about Ralf, but last year he did preety well... Way better that V8, although the H pattern shifting and right side drive of that series make it an "old school" driver sport to me...like it, dont love it..

Nascar? Oh boy.... Very unfair comp JTim!

BTCC, WTCC is also balls... BMW's move to DTM, came from all the success they had in those series...